brand new and waiting

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
testersbc
Posts in topic: 9

brand new and waiting

Post by testersbc »

b :thumbs2: took my class on 2-2 sent the forms monday they arrived in austin today. Now i guess i will have to go look for a good holster next month when the budget allows!!! :thewave

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: brand new and waiting

Post by Keith B »

Welcome testersbc and congratulations. Sit back and enjoy the forum in the interim while waiting on the plastic!

Don't forget to introduce yourself in http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... =introduce

Regards,
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
testersbc

Post by testersbc »

just checked my bank statement the check has cleared so there is progress!!! :hurry: :hurry: :hurry:

class 2-2
mailed forms 2-4
arrived in austin 2-6
check clears bank 2-13
:txflag: :txflag: :fire

Topic author
testersbc

Post by testersbc »

my new IWB holster for crossbreed holsters just arrived!!! :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana now get to practice carrying around the house. :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:

Lobo73

Post by Lobo73 »

testersbc wrote:just checked my bank statement the check has cleared so there is progress!!!
I think checks to be deposited are done daily. Applications to process are done.....?
Before God I swear this creed: my pistol and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

thejtrain

Post by thejtrain »

testersbc wrote:my new IWB holster for crossbreed holsters just arrived!!! :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana now get to practice carrying around the house. :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:
Hey testersbc, I'm looking at Crossbreed's IWB line - which one did you get and how do you like it?

JT
5 Feb 2008 - completed online application
1 March 2008 - completed CHL course
5 March 2008 - package delivery @ DPS
28 March 2008 - Day 23, "Processing Application"
12 June 2008 - Day 99, "Application Completed" :thumbs2:
20 June 2008 - Day 107, plastic in hand :txflag:

asleepatthereel

Post by asleepatthereel »

My problem is I cant find a holster made specifically for my P345. All I can find are the universal holsters. When my niece returned from Iraq after 16 months of rehablitating terrorists from her Hummer, I gave her my M9 and the holster I had for it. I cant remember the brand, but they had a catalog and said they could custom make a holster for any gun. It was the hard plastic type, and I could sit in the deer stand wearing it all day canted like the 'FBI' style, and it didnt bother me a bit. Im gonna call her and find out who made it.
Theres room for all Gods creatures. Right between the corn and taters!

15 Dec Applied online
Plastic in hand 30 Apr
Kimber Stainles Ultra Carry II
Colt Defender
M1991A-1 Series 80
Yep. I like .45s
Join and support the NRA today!

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

Try Comp-Tac (http://www.comp-tac.com). They're in north Houston, just off the Hardy Toll Road.

You can check their web site to see if they already list your gun. If not, they might be willing to make a mold, although you may need to take them your gun.

They listed the CZ 75 B compact 9, but not the CZ 75 D, so that's what I did.

Topic author
testersbc

Post by testersbc »

to thejtrain:
i got the supertuck. have been carrying around the house. you can't tell i am carrying a p95. not a small pistol by any means. very comfortable. I am still waiting on just my pin to arrive, much less, the plastic! gonna go nuts if it goes past 60 days! i am about 5'10" and 270. not a small fellow. the holster is great so far.. can't wait to get my wally walk done. Will probably go to 3rd monday trade days in mckinney also just to make sure no one notices.

Topic author
testersbc

Post by testersbc »

uggggggghhhhhhhhhh ..i have been reading this forum and see where people get their pin in about 30 days. i am still waiting. :confused5 not a happy camper :nono: :nono: i keep getting "you have not been put into the system yet" on my emails. This is driving me nuts!!!

Topic author
testersbc

Post by testersbc »

heard from simone with dps..in processs..waiting on background check... :hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :hurry: :hurry:

Topic author
testersbc

Post by testersbc »

recieved pin after getting email from simone about waiting on background check

class 2-2
mailed forms 2-4
arrived in austin 2-6
check clears bank 2-13
recieved pin 3-19-08
:txflag: :txflag: :txflag:
:fire :fire :fire :fire
:waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

nedmoore

Post by nedmoore »

What does the dps website say?

Topic author
testersbc

Post by testersbc »

processing application which agrees with email from simone at dps..not sure how long background check should take since i am about one of the most boring people i know!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ;-) ;-) ;-)

RaginKajun

Post by RaginKajun »

tester, i got my supertuck in the mail last week and have been wearing it off and on in an attempt to break it in. so far it seems comfortable and inconspicuous....hope that holds true when i start carrying w/ it on a daily basis.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”