a move to a 1911?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Skipper5
Posts in topic: 7

Re: a move to a 1911? - Just Bought EMP!

Post by Skipper5 »

Well, Forum .....FYI...just got the SA EMP 9mm....bought it at Bullet Trap past Friday late. Wow... great feel and really like the tightness of a fine handgun!
Wish I had ha time then to shoot a few rounds down the alley at BT...but, was running out of time. Really did look to the Kimber Aegis as well....still prefer the 9mm platform. Can't wait to geet on over to Targetmasters, where we're members and run a box or two ...but good cleaning before!!

I want to thank all of you for your input. Yall are great in giving all sides. I will definitely keep my Sigs,,,,but my wife really liked the feel of the EMP as well....You know where she's going from here!!! She's a CHL as well...and has her SIG 232 (.380) and her Lady Smith .38 spl.

BTW...she loves the Glock 30!!! LOL

//Thanks again// John
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

USMC-COL
Posts in topic: 5

Re: a move to a 1911? - Just Bought EMP!

Post by USMC-COL »

Skipper5 wrote:Well, Forum .....FYI...just got the SA EMP 9mm....bought it at Bullet Trap past Friday late. Wow... great feel and really like the tightness of a fine handgun!
Wish I had ha time then to shoot a few rounds down the alley at BT...but, was running out of time. Really did look to the Kimber Aegis as well....still prefer the 9mm platform. Can't wait to geet on over to Targetmasters, where we're members and run a box or two ...but good cleaning before!!

I want to thank all of you for your input. Yall are great in giving all sides. I will definitely keep my Sigs,,,,but my wife really liked the feel of the EMP as well....You know where she's going from here!!! She's a CHL as well...and has her SIG 232 (.380) and her Lady Smith .38 spl.

BTW...she loves the Glock 30!!! LOL

//Thanks again// John
You better start saving for a second EMP. The one you have will be lost to your wife once she shoots it. Congrats on a fine pistol.
Respectfully and Semper Fi,
F. Phil Torres
Colonel of Marines, Retired
Independent Security Contractor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Unarmed Combat Instructor
NRA Life Member

Topic author
Skipper5
Posts in topic: 7

Re: a move to a 1911?

Post by Skipper5 »

ha....thanks Colonel, really do appreciate your experience and good advice!

and yes....it may be just a matter of time til wife's eyes get bigger..... ha

thanks again and safe shooting!// John
TX CHL Holder
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member - Yes to Castle Doctrine! Success!!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”