ALERT: AMC Theaters have posted 30.06

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TexaNurse
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ALERT: AMC Theaters have posted 30.06

Post by TexaNurse »

The First Colony AMC in Sugarland doesn't officially post the 30.06. The Alamo Drafthouse at West Oaks had what looked like a 30.06 sign printed on somebody's printer, shoved in a drawer for a week, then scotched tape on the TOP window of the doorway. You really had tilt your head back and squint your eyes. This was back in January or December. Funny thing, about two weeks later, the sign was gone.

zbordas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by zbordas »

That's a good sign. I usually go to First Colony AMC and haven't been there since I saw this post. I guess I can get my kids out this weekend... :thumbs2:
Thanks for the info

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Kalrog »

nedmoore wrote:This sounds just like Taco Cabana! So just keep carrying right?
Legally? Yes.

maximus2161

Post by maximus2161 »

I was at AMC 30 at Grapevine Mills a few weeks back and didnt see a 30.06 sign unless they put up something recently. I sure hope they didnt. Bad enough Grapevine Milla Mall is posted 30.06 but since the AMC is outside the mall I have visited there often.

extremist

Post by extremist »

maximus2161 wrote:I was at AMC 30 at Grapevine Mills a few weeks back and didnt see a 30.06 sign unless they put up something recently. I sure hope they didnt. Bad enough Grapevine Milla Mall is posted 30.06 but since the AMC is outside the mall I have visited there often.
As a matter of fact we went there this afternoon to see "Jumper". And they do indeed now have 30.06 signs posted in the far lower corners of the windows in front. However, they are non-conforming as they are at best 8.5"x11" and have very small lettering. Kinda like they want to comply with corporate but not really wanting to make a big deal out of it. Heck, you can hardly see it and you have to get right down in front of it to read it. :roll:

They have never had one before, so it a new thing.

I did see an armed (Glock) rent-a-cop patrolling the theater after we came out.

I'm not going to tell them their sign isn't valid. I treat it just like I treat Cinemark's "No Guns" graphic whenever I go there (which is not very often)

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

tbranch

Post by tbranch »

extremist wrote:I'm not going to tell them their sign isn't valid. I treat it just like I treat Cinemark's "No Guns" graphic whenever I go there (which is not very often)
:iagree:

Tom

bevans
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bevans »

Does anybody know if the AMC at Dunvale and Westhiemer is posted.
I used to think my dad was wrong about everything but as I get older I realize that he was dead on

zbordas

Post by zbordas »

And they do indeed now have 30.06 signs posted in the far lower corners of the windows in front. However, they are non-conforming as they are at best 8.5"x11" and have very small lettering.
AMC at the Fountains in Stafford has the same "can hardly read" sign posted.

Penn

Post by Penn »

extremist wrote:
maximus2161 wrote:I was at AMC 30 at Grapevine Mills a few weeks back and didnt see a 30.06 sign unless they put up something recently. I sure hope they didnt. Bad enough Grapevine Milla Mall is posted 30.06 but since the AMC is outside the mall I have visited there often.
As a matter of fact we went there this afternoon to see "Jumper". And they do indeed now have 30.06 signs posted in the far lower corners of the windows in front. However, they are non-conforming as they are at best 8.5"x11" and have very small lettering. Kinda like they want to comply with corporate but not really wanting to make a big deal out of it. Heck, you can hardly see it and you have to get right down in front of it to read it. :roll:

They have never had one before, so it a new thing.

I did see an armed (Glock) rent-a-cop patrolling the theater after we came out.

I'm not going to tell them their sign isn't valid. I treat it just like I treat Cinemark's "No Guns" graphic whenever I go there (which is not very often)

James
I thought the parking lots were posted at Grapevine Mills.

02transam

Post by 02transam »

Doug.38PR wrote:Last night a fellow CHLer friend and I went to see Rambo at AMC Willowbrook and saw that they now have a 30.06 posting up on their front doors. We asked one of the staff to see the management and were told he was out. She gave us the theater address as well as the corporate address for complaint. My friend later explained our problem and she told us that it was indeed a corporate decision and not isolated to that theater.
Today I went with my cousin to see Cloverleaf at AMC 30 on Dunvale just off of Richmond Ave. Sure enough, they also have put up a 30.06 sign.

Later I will be sending a letter to AMC about this. I know I will probably get general "thank you for your interest" language back, but still we can have our .02 cents worth.

Not only am I not going to frequent these now unsafe theaters anymore, but I will not organize group events to see movies at any of these theaters with friends or church classes.

I read long ago that AMC had decided to ban CHLers around the country from their theaters because "they believe movies are the place for families not guns" (dead or robbed or raped families?)

Not me or my family or any of my friends if I have a say in it :nono: :fire
hey you live right by me lol anywho with all the stuff going on in the willowbrook area lately ie rise in armed carjackings, the general demeanor of the area now i dont go there unless im going to the mall. i know there have been several gang related incidents at the amc 24 willowbrook and im not sure if it was a rumor but someone from what i heard was killed there bout two years back

02transam

Post by 02transam »

Velocity wrote:
DoubleActionCHL wrote: The 51% sign is behind the glass in the old ticket booth on the right as you walk toward the front door. And the place IS a bar. When you walk in the front, there is a HUGE full service bar in the lobby. Can't miss it! :cheers2:
I haven't been to the Movie Tavern on 249 yet, nor have I been to the one on richey rd, but I have been to Alamo Drafthouse and another similar establishement on Highway 6 just south of 290. If Movie Tavern operates similar to the other places, I'd have a hard time believing they derive more than 51% of their profits from alcohol sales - add up the cost of food and tickets, and figure a lot of the times it's families in there not buying ANY alcohol, and the numbers just don't add up...

Chili's "Bar and Grill" has a bar in it too - doesn't make it a 51% establishment...
the movie theatre is studio movie grill and bar they have a small bar when you walk in on the left but no 51% signs or 30.06 signs last time i was there but this was about 6 months ago so they may have posted up by now.

extremist

Post by extremist »

Penn wrote:I thought the parking lots were posted at Grapevine Mills.
Negative. Only the "main" entrances to the Grapevine Mills mall are posted with a valid sign.

James
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

DoubleActionCHL
Posts in topic: 15

Post by DoubleActionCHL »

02transam wrote:
Velocity wrote:
DoubleActionCHL wrote: Chili's "Bar and Grill" has a bar in it too - doesn't make it a 51% establishment...
the movie theatre is studio movie grill and bar they have a small bar when you walk in on the left but no 51% signs or 30.06 signs last time i was there but this was about 6 months ago so they may have posted up by now.
As you walk up, there is an abandoned ticket window to the right of the front doors. The sign is in behind the glass in the ticket booth.

http://www.doubleactionchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Houston, Texas

"Excuses are for tombstones. Get back in the fight."
--Me

kw5kw

Post by kw5kw »

"Movies, I don't need no stinkin' movies... I got DVD's"

paraphrased from a line out of some classic move I saw a long time ago, a movie that also included a famous campfire scene.
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

kw5kw wrote:"Movies, I don't need no stinkin' movies... I got DVD's"

paraphrased from a line out of some classic move I saw a long time ago, a movie that also included a famous campfire scene.

That's a good movie.
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”