NRA Life Membership Promotion - ASAP!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

aardwolf
Posts in topic: 2

Re: NRA Life Membership Promotion - ASAP!

Post by aardwolf »

Will this affect voting in the upcoming election for the board of directors?
We're here. With gear. Get used to it.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 25

Post by WildBill »

aardwolf wrote:Will this affect voting in the upcoming election for the board of directors?
Are you asking if the new Life Members can vote in the upcoming election? I was wondering the same thing. I am thinking that they can if they get the ballot in time.
NRA Endowment Member

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Skiprr »

aardwolf wrote:Will this affect voting in the upcoming election for the board of directors?
Good question. I don't know the timing. I assume I was a lifetime member as of my credit card committment, but I don't know how the voting works.

Charles has been studiously staying away from this Topic, but now that the promotion has ended, maybe he'll add his sage advice.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

O6nop
Posts in topic: 3

Post by O6nop »

I missed out, by the time I got home from work, the office was closed. :cryin Please, let me know when the next similar offer comes around. :???:
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

ELB

Post by ELB »

Re: Voting in the NRA Directors election

If you are a "regular" (i.e. non-LIfe) Member, I believe there is a rule that you have to have been a member for five years in order to vote, but I don't know if this applies to Life Members. I tried finding the rule on the NRA websites, but no luck.

elb
USAF 1982-2005

WildBill
Posts in topic: 25

Post by WildBill »

I want to thank quidni for alerting us to this opportunity and to all that joined. It is expensive, but it's an investment in the future of continually defending our 2nd Amendment rights. I am 100% convinced that without the NRA we would not even have a CHL program in Texas. Hopefully next year everyone's financial situation will be better and we can get some more members and I can become a benefactor member. I am in good company. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
quidni
Posts in topic: 7

Post by quidni »

You're welcome... this took off incredibly more than I'd hoped! I was figuring there would be two, maybe three or so folks who'd also be interested. By last count on the Show of Hands poll, though, this board now has 19 new Lifers!

:woohoo

Lessee.... 19 x $300... plus a non-forum member sponsored... folks, we just raised $6000 for the NRA in less than a week! Y'all are absobloominglutely great!

(Now, if I could just find the proper "grapevine" to listen to so I'll know when the next promo like this happens... I found out about this promo by accident through a post on another bb that I don't read every day.)
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

You get voting priviledges with a life membership.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

aardwolf

Post by aardwolf »

CompVest wrote:You get voting priviledges with a life membership.
That's why I asked. The board of directors elections are coming up soon.

Can I vote for Charles? :anamatedbanana
We're here. With gear. Get used to it.

Topic author
quidni
Posts in topic: 7

Post by quidni »

quidni wrote: By last count on the Show of Hands poll, though, this board now has 23 new Lifers!

Edited to correct the count!

:chldancing
Last edited by quidni on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

dukesean
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dukesean »

yes thank you quidni for alerting us to the promotion. I posted the info to sigforum.com and there were a few who joined from there as well (I think 5 or 6).

Semi-unrelated topic, but why is the NRA not a non-profit organization? I guess part of that has to do with wanting to have the ability to endorse political figures (which non-profits cannot do), but are other arms of the NRA, namely NRA-ILA, non-profit and allow me to send tax deductible donations?
-------------------------------------
Sean H.
NRA Life Member
TSRA

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Skiprr »

dukesean wrote:Semi-unrelated topic, but why is the NRA not a non-profit organization? I guess part of that has to do with wanting to have the ability to endorse political figures (which non-profits cannot do), but are other arms of the NRA, namely NRA-ILA, non-profit and allow me to send tax deductible donations?
The non-profit, 501(c)(3) entitiy of the NRA is the NRA Foundation: http://www.nrafoundation.org/.

From their mission statement, they are a "tax-exempt organization that raises tax-deductible contributions in support of a wide range of firearm-related public interest activities of the National Rifle Association of America and other organizations that defend and foster the Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding Americans."

I mentioned elsewhere that I learned in 2006 that my company's Political Action Committee would match my contributions dollar-for-dollar to any qualified 501(c) organization. It doesn't have to be a PAC: many companies offer matching programs for different types of contributions. You can click here to visit a search engine where you can enter your company's name to see if they will provide matching dollars to the NRA Foundation.

Twenty-three new life members from our little Forum in just a few days. I'm pretty impressed! Image
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

ttorion
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ttorion »

Skiprr wrote:Twenty-three new life members from our little Forum in just a few days. I'm pretty impressed! Image
Make that 24. My son joined. His membership has not been accounted for on the forum. Thanks again to Anygunanywhere!
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member

ttorion
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ttorion »

Just checked my membership status online and it's already showing up as Life Member, even though the credit card hasn't been charged! :anamatedbanana

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jimlongley »

dukesean wrote:Semi-unrelated topic, but why is the NRA not a non-profit organization? I guess part of that has to do with wanting to have the ability to endorse political figures (which non-profits cannot do), but are other arms of the NRA, namely NRA-ILA, non-profit and allow me to send tax deductible donations?
I can remember when they were considered to be "non-profit" and you could take donations off your taxes, but politics got in the way and the politicians took that status away.

I used to make United Fund mad every year when they twisted our arms, as good union members, to donate, by specifiying that my donation was to be processed through UF to the NRA. Then I found out that UF was keeping a large share of my donation for "administration expenses" making some of my funds essentially a donation to people I didn't like - so I quit donating to UF, earning my union's enmity.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”