Moderator: carlson1

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Never going to QUAIL CREEK again!

Post by PUCKER »

Sent them an email:

To: postmaster@quailcreekrange.com

Subject: You might want to have a chat with your rangemaster

Seems your rangemaster is causing problems and now most the DFW CHL community knows about it.

Thread is titled:

"Never going to QUAIL CREEK again!"

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 10&t=13537

BTW - wasn't me who visited, just giving you a head's up so you guys can take corrective action. I've shot at your facility before, and I can tell you that hearing something like this does not make me want to come back.

Best,

Brad XXXX (last name deleted for public consumption)
Grapevine, TX

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 10

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Pucker, there's at least a couple of threads at THR, and possibly other forums that they should get the links for also.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

JRG
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JRG »

Where is Quail Creek? Not that I really need to know since I'm definitely not stopping there.

Joe

Target1911
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Target1911 »

PUCKER

I would like to see the responce, if any, that you get from them. Keep us posted.
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

The Annoyed Man

JRG wrote:Where is Quail Creek? Not that I really need to know since I'm definitely not stopping there.

Joe
FWIW, it is just west, off of I-35W, at the TX-1171 exit, the next exit north of TX-114, due north of the Texas Motor Speedway.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

No response yet - I'll add that I haven't shot there lately - but growing up in Keller, I went shooting there quite a bit in high school/college.

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

Sounds a lot like "Baileys" a place here in town that attracts the worst sort of people. I understand your frusteration having had several issues at this range. I've recently joined PSC.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Last time I was there I went in the morning on a weekday. There was me on the pistol range, one guy on the rifle range (separated by a berm) and the range nazi right behind me on the golf cart. He kept calling cease fires every 15 or so minutes even though I was the only one on the pistol range. Then, while shooting my P3AT KelTec he called a cease fire. I dropped my magazine and racked the slide to clear the chamber. Before I could react, he came screaming at me to lock the slide. As we all know, KelTec P3AT's do not have a slide lock. I told him this and before I could react he grabbed it and shoved an empty case in the chamber to hold the slide open. WITHOUT ASKING ME!!!!! There's a coworker that shoots a lot and he has been having serious problems there too. It used to be a nice range run by mannered people and self-managed on the firing line by the shooters. Never had a problem then, BIG problems now.

attila79

Post by attila79 »

Somebody should call these people and kindly ask them to check their emails.

I'm not from Dallas, but I frequently visit. I guess this will not be a place I visit.

I'm curious to hear their reaction on this.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

I doubt that you'll ever get any answer - if you do they would probably blame you. Obviously they don't care. If these people had any sense they would done something about their customer service. Eventually they will go out of business. With a little luck someone more customer oriented will come along.
NRA Endowment Member

The Annoyed Man

A whole other aspect of this is that in their attempts at being safety nazis, I believe they actually make things less safe. It seems like their range officers escalate every normal interaction into a confrontation, and it is mainly due to the reasonableness of their customers that these confrontations do not escalate into something worse. What happens on the day they confront a customer who is as foul tempered and ill-mannered as they are... ...and who has a loaded gun in his hand? It's not just the RO or the customer who could get hurt. There are other people there too, and those range officers need to learn how to de-escalate a situation, not how to charge it with even more anger.

#TINVOWOOT

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

The Annoyed Man wrote:It seems like their range officers escalate every normal interaction into a confrontation, and it is mainly due to the reasonableness of their customers that these confrontations do not escalate into something worse. What happens on the day they confront a customer who is as foul tempered and ill-mannered as they are... ...and who has a loaded gun in his hand?
Many bullies get pretty good at choosing their victims.
Target1911 wrote:However the old fart didnt say a word to the lil gangsta 15' from me when he was banging the butt of his mag on the bench trying to get it seated in the little UZI type gun
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Target1911
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Target1911 »

wheelgun1958 wrote:Last time I was there I went in the morning on a weekday. There was me on the pistol range, one guy on the rifle range (separated by a berm) and the range nazi right behind me on the golf cart. He kept calling cease fires every 15 or so minutes even though I was the only one on the pistol range. Then, while shooting my P3AT KelTec he called a cease fire. I dropped my magazine and racked the slide to clear the chamber. Before I could react, he came screaming at me to lock the slide. As we all know, KelTec P3AT's do not have a slide lock. I told him this and before I could react he grabbed it and shoved an empty case in the chamber to hold the slide open. WITHOUT ASKING ME!!!!! There's a coworker that shoots a lot and he has been having serious problems there too. It used to be a nice range run by mannered people and self-managed on the firing line by the shooters. Never had a problem then, BIG problems now.
I hav only been there one time so I dont remember......do those ROs open carry? They sure do have a lot of guts yelling at, and grabbin guns from people with....well....GUNS.
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Target1911 wrote:I hav only been there one time so I dont remember......do those ROs open carry? They sure do have a lot of guts yelling at, and grabbin guns from people with....well....GUNS.
No kidding. "Accidents happen", and all that.

The inverse correlation to "an armed society is a polite society" must be, "a society with a monopoly on arms is a rude society."

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

no response yet from these folks.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”