ALERT: AMC Theaters have posted 30.06

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ALERT: AMC Theaters have posted 30.06

Post by Venus Pax »

Next time Mars & I go to the mall, we'll check out the signage. We usually see movies at the AMC in Deerbrook. I keep "No guns=no $" cards in my wallet, so I will request the manager when I see it.
Looks like we'll be seeing movies at the Movie Tavern across the street until something changes.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

M9FAN
Posts in topic: 7

Post by M9FAN »

Venus Pax wrote:Next time Mars & I go to the mall, we'll check out the signage. We usually see movies at the AMC in Deerbrook. I keep "No guns=no $" cards in my wallet, so I will request the manager when I see it.
Looks like we'll be seeing movies at the Movie Tavern across the street until something changes.
Me too! :thumbs2:
"Upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander the Great

utdbear

Post by utdbear »

I went to AMC Stonebriar a few weeks ago and did not see a sign posted anywhere. Not even an no-guns sign. Also went to AMC Valley View and didn't see a single sign regarding guns on the AMC door or the mall door(I've heard that mall was posted).

austin

Post by austin »

Nothing at Stonebriar or Tinseltown.

Also, Presby Plano is not posted though Presby Dallas is.

Post by Karma »

*never mind*
Last edited by Karma on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmac
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dmac »

My letter to AMC

American Multi Cinemas Entertainment, Inc.
Stanley H. Durwood, Co-Chairman, CEO Peter C. Brown, President, CFO
106 West 14th Street, #1700
Kansas City, MO 64141

Dear Mr.’s Durwood and Brown:

As a frequent movie-goer and concerned citizen I feel that I must contact you about two concerns. For several years now I have refused to attend events at your theaters because of your company's continued support and contributions to anti-gun organizations such as Handgun Control. I have made this decision out of a deep concern that the companies I do business with share my views on issues important to me and my family. I respect AMC's right to support any cause which its directors feel compelled to support, no matter how misdirected I feel that cause and support may be. I am sure that you have the same respect for my views.

A new issue has now solidified my thoughts as to that decision. I have now learned (correct me if I am misinformed) that all AMC theaters in Texas are forbidding law abiding, licensed handgun owners from entering theaters run by AMC. The placement of "30.06" signs in your theaters prohibits those Texans who have taken it upon themselves to pass thorough background checks, fingerprinting, and training in order to take their family's safety into their own hands. I am sure that you would agree that anyone who has "jumped through the hoops" of such a rigorous background check and training regimen in order to legally carry a handgun would be reticent to break laws (as the 30.06 signs indicate) and thus jeopardize their right to carry and own handguns. Your company is, therefore, turning away a significant portion of your potential customers in our state. I am sure that you would further agree that a person who would carry a handgun without having gone through such extensive scrutiny and training (and who would thus already be breaking at least one law) would not feel pause at seeing a "no guns allowed sign" at the entrance to a theater or other business. It follows, then, that only lawfully licensed and trained individuals would follow the directives of the signs, leaving only the criminal element entering your theaters while armed.

This seems not only severely flawed logic to me and many others, but also to go against the very idea of the natural right (as presented by Aristotle, and incorporated into our Constitution) of self protection and preservation.

I implore your company and its directors to reconsider both your choice to post these signs in your theaters, and to stop your support of these misguided anti-gun organizations.

Sincerely,
WARNING: The writer tends to use sarcasm - be aware - the ability to easily understand irony, hyperbole, litotes and other elements of satire is required for a thorough understanding.
Bin Laden Is Still Free....Are You?
Repeal The Patriot Act Now!

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 6

Post by stevie_d_64 »

AMC Gulfpoint 30 is posted with 8.5 x 11 inch sheets on 3 doors at the front entrances...

The wording appears to be correct per the law, but the size is obviously wrong because I had to walk right up to the door lean down to look at it real closely to read it...

I hope someone saw this as I stood back up, shook my head, turned around and left the area...

What stinks is that I have a $50 AMC gift card from Christmas I would like to use, yet it doesn't look like I am going to be able to use it...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

M9FAN

Post by M9FAN »

stevie_d_64 wrote:AMC Gulfpoint 30 is posted with 8.5 x 11 inch sheets on 3 doors at the front entrances...

The wording appears to be correct per the law, but the size is obviously wrong because I had to walk right up to the door lean down to look at it real closely to read it...
Me too!

Since the wife had already purchased our tickets, though, the two of us (along with my CCW in tow) walked past the non-compliant signs into the building, safely enjoyed our flick, and then exited that theater for the first and last time. We will NOT be going back...

rm9792
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rm9792 »

Is it possible they are intentionally posting non-compliant signs? They know those who know better will ignore it yet the hoplophobes will be happy as well? I dont agree with it as it seems to cave to the grabbers but its better than total compliance.

DoubleActionCHL
Posts in topic: 15

Post by DoubleActionCHL »

rm9792 wrote:Is it possible they are intentionally posting non-compliant signs? They know those who know better will ignore it yet the hoplophobes will be happy as well? I dont agree with it as it seems to cave to the grabbers but its better than total compliance.
That's the rumored Taco Cabana position. Seems a bit wussy-fied to me. Take a stand... or not!

http://www.doubleactionchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Houston, Texas

"Excuses are for tombstones. Get back in the fight."
--Me

BShook

Post by BShook »

Does anyone have an AMC email address that I could send a note to?

Tim the Teacher

Post by Tim the Teacher »

I also go to the AMC Stonebriar in Frisco and have yet to see a 30.06 sign. Don't ask , don't tell........

M9FAN

Post by M9FAN »

DoubleActionCHL wrote:
rm9792 wrote:Is it possible they are intentionally posting non-compliant signs? They know those who know better will ignore it yet the hoplophobes will be happy as well? I dont agree with it as it seems to cave to the grabbers but its better than total compliance.
That's the rumored Taco Cabana position. Seems a bit wussy-fied to me. Take a stand... or not!
Preach on, brother! :thumbs2:

fisherchris

Post by fisherchris »

Tim the Teacher wrote:I also go to the AMC Stonebriar in Frisco and have yet to see a 30.06 sign. Don't ask , don't tell........
Stonbriar has the same small 8x10 30.06 sign as other locations in the lower corner of the box office glass at the far end of the windows. It is certainly not conspicuous since we stood in line, bought tickets, and walked right in to watch the movie and never came to a point that it was even in my line of sight. I only saw it afterward when I made a point to check and see if there was anything posted per other posters' experiences at other theaters.

nedmoore
Posts in topic: 3

Post by nedmoore »

This sounds just like Taco Cabana! So just keep carrying right?

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”