CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

CodeJockey
Posts in topic: 1

Re: ALERT: AMC Theaters have posted 30.06

Post by CodeJockey »

I just got this response to my letter:

Dear Mr. <CodeJockey>:

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your thoughts. Please be assured that we evaluate our policies periodically, and your feedback will be included in our next review. If you would like to speak to me regarding your concerns, you may contact me at <number ommitted>.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Director, Guest Services

http://www.amctheatres.com
Always watch your six!
NRA Life Member

LedJedi
Posts in topic: 6

Post by LedJedi »

CodeJockey wrote:I just got this response to my letter:

Dear Mr. <CodeJockey>:

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your thoughts. Please be assured that we evaluate our policies periodically, and your feedback will be included in our next review. If you would like to speak to me regarding your concerns, you may contact me at <number ommitted>.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Director, Guest Services

http://www.amctheatres.com
I just got the same.

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

+1. I just got the same canned response. Good thing I prefer to rent movies via my cable
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

oldboyshooter

Post by oldboyshooter »

I have been to the movie tavern at HWY 249 and did not see a 51% sign.

I have been to the one on Airtex also ( a while back) and remember no sign there either.

No way am I going into the AIRTEX location without my gun, and do not want to go to the HWY 249 without it either.

AMC is out for me also.

Are we sure that the MOVIE TAVERN is a 51% place (it is not a bar, or at least not like any bar I have seen).

Don't they have to post that also? I remember no sign at all.

DoubleActionCHL
Posts in topic: 15

Post by DoubleActionCHL »

oldboyshooter wrote:I have been to the movie tavern at HWY 249 and did not see a 51% sign.

I have been to the one on Airtex also ( a while back) and remember no sign there either.

No way am I going into the AIRTEX location without my gun, and do not want to go to the HWY 249 without it either.

AMC is out for me also.

Are we sure that the MOVIE TAVERN is a 51% place (it is not a bar, or at least not like any bar I have seen).

Don't they have to post that also? I remember no sign at all.
The 51% sign is behind the glass in the old ticket booth on the right as you walk toward the front door. And the place IS a bar. When you walk in the front, there is a HUGE full service bar in the lobby. Can't miss it! :cheers2:

http://www.doubleactionchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Houston, Texas

"Excuses are for tombstones. Get back in the fight."
--Me

Boma
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Boma »

I got the same "canned" response. It may make an impact?

wileyj

Post by wileyj »

Has anyone asked to look at the liquor license for the Movie Tavern? If I remember form this board, there is red or black printing specifying if it is a 51% location.
..wiley
Racing Miatas, Good cigars, Big guns
Houston, TX

elwood blooz
Posts in topic: 4

Post by elwood blooz »

I also received the same response. I'm going to call on Monday and see if I can get through to her. Her cell number was even listed at the bottom of the email, that surprised me a bit.

gregthehand
Posts in topic: 4

Post by gregthehand »

FYI. I went to the AMC in Houma, LA today and they had a ghostbusters sign with "No Weapons" beside it. Unfortunatley in Louisiana this is just as binding as a compliant 30.06 sign.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

I went to the Parks Mall in Arlington last night. There is a AMC theater located in the Mall. I entered the Mall through Dicks Sporting goods, I did not see a 30.06 sign anywhere. I did not see a 30.06 sign posted at the theater, but then I didn't go up to the window, too crowded. The ticket sales and entrance are inside the mall to this particular theater.

I wasn't seeing a movie so I didn't venture to close to actually verify. Could they post in a mall that appears to allow CHL carry? I won't be going to any AMC theaters because of their idiotic policy anyway.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

Velocity

Post by Velocity »

DoubleActionCHL wrote: The 51% sign is behind the glass in the old ticket booth on the right as you walk toward the front door. And the place IS a bar. When you walk in the front, there is a HUGE full service bar in the lobby. Can't miss it! :cheers2:
I haven't been to the Movie Tavern on 249 yet, nor have I been to the one on richey rd, but I have been to Alamo Drafthouse and another similar establishement on Highway 6 just south of 290. If Movie Tavern operates similar to the other places, I'd have a hard time believing they derive more than 51% of their profits from alcohol sales - add up the cost of food and tickets, and figure a lot of the times it's families in there not buying ANY alcohol, and the numbers just don't add up...

Chili's "Bar and Grill" has a bar in it too - doesn't make it a 51% establishment...
NRA Life Member
TSRA Member

DoubleActionCHL
Posts in topic: 15

Post by DoubleActionCHL »

Velocity wrote:
DoubleActionCHL wrote: The 51% sign is behind the glass in the old ticket booth on the right as you walk toward the front door. And the place IS a bar. When you walk in the front, there is a HUGE full service bar in the lobby. Can't miss it! :cheers2:
I haven't been to the Movie Tavern on 249 yet, nor have I been to the one on richey rd, but I have been to Alamo Drafthouse and another similar establishement on Highway 6 just south of 290. If Movie Tavern operates similar to the other places, I'd have a hard time believing they derive more than 51% of their profits from alcohol sales - add up the cost of food and tickets, and figure a lot of the times it's families in there not buying ANY alcohol, and the numbers just don't add up...

Chili's "Bar and Grill" has a bar in it too - doesn't make it a 51% establishment...
I didn't say it was a 51% because it has a bar (which it does). I said that because it has a sign. TABC makes the determination as to whether or not a business is a '51%'.

Personally, I don't care if it is or not. I went there once and won't be going back. The place was nasty.

http://www.doubleactionchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Houston, Texas

"Excuses are for tombstones. Get back in the fight."
--Me

barres

Post by barres »

DoubleActionCHL wrote:
Velocity wrote:

I didn't say it was a 51% because it has a bar (which it does). I said that because it has a sign. TABC makes the determination as to whether or not a business is a '51%'.

Personally, I don't care if it is or not. I went there once and won't be going back. The place was nasty.

Just because it has a sign, does not mean that the sign is valid. I don't have a horse in this race,as I had never even heard of a Movie Tavern before seeing it on this board, but some folks would probably appreciate someone following up on whether TABC considers these Movie Taverns as 51% businesses.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

NguyenVanDon

Post by NguyenVanDon »

Right2Carry wrote:I went to the Parks Mall in Arlington last night. There is a AMC theater located in the Mall. I entered the Mall through Dicks Sporting goods, I did not see a 30.06 sign anywhere. I did not see a 30.06 sign posted at the theater, but then I didn't go up to the window, too crowded. The ticket sales and entrance are inside the mall to this particular theater.

I wasn't seeing a movie so I didn't venture to close to actually verify. Could they post in a mall that appears to allow CHL carry? I won't be going to any AMC theaters because of their idiotic policy anyway.
I live like 15 minutes away from Parks Mall. The AMC at Parks Mall is not posted 30.06. I have checked and scanned the entire premise and did not even see a ghost buster sign either. So I went in ahead with my sidearm and watch Cloverfield.
TX CHL: 2/24/07 - Present

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”