ALERT: AMC Theaters have posted 30.06

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

DoubleActionCHL
Posts in topic: 15

Re: ALERT: AMC Theaters have posted 30.06

Post by DoubleActionCHL »

nitrogen wrote: "Oh, you're one of those gun people. I had someone complain about that the other day. It's corporate policy, there's not much I can do about it. Sorry"
If she said it like I'm reading it, it sounds a bit condescending.

Now, don't anybody go tellin' them they're non-compliant! :rules:

http://www.doubleactionchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Houston, Texas

"Excuses are for tombstones. Get back in the fight."
--Me

Stupid
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Stupid »

Dear Mrs. Bell:

I recently went to see Rambo at your Dunvile location.

I am a long time concealed handgun license holder and a long time patron of AMC. I was disappointed to see a no handguns sign at the entrance and elected to not use my tickets and attend the movie.

I am more disturbed by the corporate attitude which is to intentionally endanger the public safety!!! I certainly understand that you want to keep guns away from theater where family often get together; however, I hope you also understand that the only ones you will prevent from carrying within your theaters are the law abiding citizens who possess concealed handgun permits.

Criminals that choose to carry illegally will carry regardless of any signs you post. You are depriving the folks that in Texas have endured a DPS, FBI and fingerprint background check as well as medical records review that weeds out those with mental illness, from carry weapons for their personal protection - which may prevent some disaster if some madman decides to shoot up the theater.

I will not attend movies at any of your establishments nor will all my family and friends until either the signs come down or you post my attachment along with your sign - i send to you just to make a point.

Remember you are only preventing law abiding citizens from carrying, the thugs will carry anyway. It would be better if you just post a more effective "no murder is allowed on premise" sign.
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Posts in topic: 1

Post by 5111 »

nitrogen wrote:No voicemail or reply from Mrs. Bell. She must have liked you better than me :headscratch

I was in Northpark Center to check out the Apple Store today, and there is an AMC in the mall, so I went and did a little "Corporate Civil Disobedience." I bought a ticket for RAmbo at one of their automated ticket counters, and then walked up past the box office. I then saw their "sign" (which was nowhere near compliant) and stopped, walked up to the box office and asked for a refund.
"What's the problem, sir?"
"Well, I'll be legally trespassing if I continue"
???
"You don't allow legal concealed weapons license holders on your premises, so I need my money back; I can't go inside."
"Oh, you're one of those gun people. I had someone complain about that the other day. It's corporate policy, there's not much I can do about it. Sorry"

And I got my refund.
That is probably one of the best ways to make your point. Too bad it won't make it all the way up to the corporate office.

Photoman

Post by Photoman »

Lucky45 wrote:
M9FAN wrote:Needless to say, I walked right on past those signs and into the theater without thinking twice about it. Hope I was okay in doing so...
"rlol" Sound like you were insecure with your decision. Did you have anything planned to say to arresting officer?

I would say the same thing to this officer as any other that is arresting me. "I would like to talk to my lawyer before discussing this."

Having a "discussion" with an arresting police officer is something you NEVER want to do. Nothing good will come of it.

tbranch
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tbranch »

dac1842 wrote:I personally when I encounter a non compliant sign, have asked to speak to the manager or owner. I very politley acknowledge his right to post a sign and use the old arguement you are only keeping law abiding citizens from carry a weapon.
Dac,

Why would you bother to bring it to their attention? You're more likely to get a proper sign installed than to convince some corporate entity they are wrong about CHLs.

Their notice does not comply with the law and it is a defense to prosecution. I always take a quick look around the doors to a building before entering, but I'm not going to study the tiny signs to see if they are actually reduced copies of legally compliant signs. The intent of the law was to make it easy and quick for CHLs to determine if the owner has complied with 30.06 requirements. The burden of notice is on the owner, not on the CHL holder.

Tom

tbranch
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tbranch »

KC5AV wrote:I would simply say, "Oh, that sign is so small, I didn't notice it when I came in. If it were posted according to legal guidelines I'm sure I would have seen it. I didn't realize that they don't want me here, but I'll be more than happy to leave."
:iagree:

Tom

CHL/LEO

Post by CHL/LEO »

Having a "discussion" with an arresting police officer is something you NEVER want to do. Nothing good will come of it.
But having a "discussion" with an investigating police officer might be productive.

When I go to a call it's with the intention of investigating the situation, weighing the facts as best I can, and then determining how to apply the myriad of laws, regulations, and codes that are out there. And believe it or not, common sense applies too.

Unless the Code of Criminal Procedures states that I "shall arrest" for a particular infraction, I usually wait to see how things develop. You'd be surprised as to the number of people that talk themselves into jail when we'd really just like for them to go on their way.
"Conflict is inevitable; Combat is an option."

Life Member - NRA/TSRA/GOA

M9FAN
Posts in topic: 7

Post by M9FAN »

tbranch wrote:
dac1842 wrote:I personally when I encounter a non compliant sign, have asked to speak to the manager or owner. I very politley acknowledge his right to post a sign and use the old arguement you are only keeping law abiding citizens from carry a weapon.
Dac,

Why would you bother to bring it to their attention? You're more likely to get a proper sign installed than to convince some corporate entity they are wrong about CHLs.

Their notice does not comply with the law and it is a defense to prosecution. I always take a quick look around the doors to a building before entering, but I'm not going to study the tiny signs to see if they are actually reduced copies of legally compliant signs. The intent of the law was to make it easy and quick for CHLs to determine if the owner has complied with 30.06 requirements. The burden of notice is on the owner, not on the CHL holder.

Tom
:iagree:
"Upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander the Great

LedJedi
Posts in topic: 6

Post by LedJedi »

CHL/LEO wrote: Unless the Code of Criminal Procedures states that I "shall arrest" for a particular infraction, I usually wait to see how things develop. You'd be surprised as to the number of people that talk themselves into jail when we'd really just like for them to go on their way.
"I know i'm driving under the influence officer, but...."

sorry, that just came to mind. :)

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

This thread got me curious to see if brand spanking new AMC at FM 2499 and FM 407 in Flower Mound is posted, so I dropped by there yesterday morning when it was closed. From looking at and in the windows, I saw no gun-related signage whatsoever.

But that still does not make me think we need to run down there some evening and shell out $8.00 per head for the latest and greatest flick ...
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Photoman

Post by Photoman »

CHL/LEO wrote:
But having a "discussion" with an investigating police officer might be productive.

When I go to a call it's with the intention of investigating the situation, weighing the facts as best I can, and then determining how to apply the myriad of laws, regulations, and codes that are out there. And believe it or not, common sense applies too.

Unless the Code of Criminal Procedures states that I "shall arrest" for a particular infraction, I usually wait to see how things develop. You'd be surprised as to the number of people that talk themselves into jail when we'd really just like for them to go on their way.
My point exactly. The less I say, the better.

Wheelman

Post by Wheelman »

thats crappy! ive been going there for a long time as its fairly close to me and for a while they had a non compliant (gun buster), then nothing at all last time i checked, but that was a few months ago. Guess they just added. this. Oh well, guess ill be going to movie tavern from now on. :shock:
Springfield XD-9 9mm
FEG PA-63 9x18mm
RRA Elite CAR AR-15 5.56mm
Remington 870 Express 12ga.
Marlin Mdl 60 .22
Winchester Mdl 70 Featherweight .30-06

DoubleActionCHL
Posts in topic: 15

Post by DoubleActionCHL »

Wheelman wrote:thats crappy! ive been going there for a long time as its fairly close to me and for a while they had a non compliant (gun buster), then nothing at all last time i checked, but that was a few months ago. Guess they just added. this. Oh well, guess ill be going to movie tavern from now on. :shock:
I believe Movie Tavern is a 51% business. The one on I-45 north at Airtex(?) definitely is.

http://www.doubleactionchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Houston, Texas

"Excuses are for tombstones. Get back in the fight."
--Me

LedJedi
Posts in topic: 6

Post by LedJedi »

DoubleActionCHL wrote:
Wheelman wrote:thats crappy! ive been going there for a long time as its fairly close to me and for a while they had a non compliant (gun buster), then nothing at all last time i checked, but that was a few months ago. Guess they just added. this. Oh well, guess ill be going to movie tavern from now on. :shock:
I believe Movie Tavern is a 51% business. The one on I-45 north at Airtex(?) definitely is.

heck. that place looks pretty neat. I might actually be willing to temporarily disarm to catch a flick there if the neighborhood isn't bad.

Boma

Post by Boma »

THe neighborhood is bad. sorry haha. I lived near the greenpoint area for 23 years. That's why its called gunspoint. But hey we need more good people there.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”