CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 3

Best "no guns" sign so far...

Post by NcongruNt »

:lol:

Seen at Amy's Ice Cream on Guadalupe St. in Austin.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

HoustonCH73
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Best "no guns" sign so far...

Post by HoustonCH73 »

This Amys Ice Cream? http://consumerist.com/consumer/amy.s-ice-cream/

other than my "gun" hobby is my consumer watch hobby. I encourage people to visit while carrying (legally) and charge their scoop on visa. ;)

Topic author
NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

HoustonCH73 wrote:This Amys Ice Cream? http://consumerist.com/consumer/amy.s-ice-cream/

other than my "gun" hobby is my consumer watch hobby. I encourage people to visit while carrying (legally) and charge their scoop on visa. ;)
I already carry there. I think the sign is more there for the humor of wordplay rather than an attempt to post notice of a "no gun" policy.

As far as using a credit card, I won't do that for several reasons. First, you can't tip your server with a card there. Secondly, I'm not going to go and intentionally cause a small local business a significant loss in revenue on my purchase just because of a previous store policy that they've already rectified. I have more issue with the CC processing companies charging considerably higher rates to small businesses, than I do with those same businesses who want to limit losses associated with providing its customers the convenience of using a credit card.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

grim-bob

Post by grim-bob »

NcongruNt wrote:As far as using a credit card, I won't do that for several reasons. First, you can't tip your server with a card there.
I always assumed that meant the mgmt didn't want their employees accepting tips. They have the ability to add that section to their CC machines typically.
Josh

Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
Benjamin Franklin

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

They could do like the gun show folks do, add 3% to your scoop when you use a credit card...

Topic author
NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

grim-bob wrote:
NcongruNt wrote:As far as using a credit card, I won't do that for several reasons. First, you can't tip your server with a card there.
I always assumed that meant the mgmt didn't want their employees accepting tips. They have the ability to add that section to their CC machines typically.
Nope. They have tip jars. The only reason people work there is for the tips. I've talked to some of the employees, who want a tip line on the CC transactions. They encounter customers who want to tip on CC transactions as well, and can only refer them to the feedback cards. It happened so much to the point where management asked employees to stop referring people to the cards in reference to tipping on credit cards. I don't know what the sticking point is with management, really. Perhaps the processing company they go through charges even more for processing tips.
NRA Member
TSRA Member

fratermus

Post by fratermus »

The Mexican restaurant off Lake Tawakoni used to have a sign that said

"Please unload weapons and remove ski mask before entering premesis."

:-)

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”