CDNN sports hit by CITI Bank

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
lrb111
Posts in topic: 3

CDNN sports hit by CITI Bank

Post by lrb111 »

Someone at Citi Bank hates the second amendment.
CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY REJECTS FIREARMS INDUSTRY

REFUSES TO PROCESS TRANSACTIONS . . . Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp. are refusing to process any credit card transactions between federally licensed firearms retailers, distributors and manufacturers -- a move which will severely limit available inventory of firearms and ammunition to military, law enforcement and law-abiding Americans.

The first company to be affected by this decision appears to be firearms distributor CDNN Sports Inc.

"We were contacted recently by First Data/Citi Merchant Services by a June Rivera-Mantilla stating that we were terminated and funds were being seized for selling firearms in a non-face-to-face transaction," said Charlie Crawford, president of CDNN Sports Inc. "Although perfectly legal, we were also informed that no transactions would be processed in the future, even for non-firearms. I find this very frightening."

To voice your concern to Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp., please contact June Rivera-Mantilla at 631-683-7734 or her supervisor Robert Tenenbaum at 631-683-6570.

To change to an NSSF-affiliated credit card processing program, contact Payment Alliance International at 1-866-371-2273 (ext. 1131).
There are three places to look at this that I know of.
http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1949910/posts
http://www.nssf.org/news/fromBP.cfm?BPseq=704
http://www.nssf.org/share/images/letter.jpg
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CDNN sports hit by CITI Bank

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

Who the HELL do they think they are

Telling a person how they can or can't spend their own money

Time for a new bank
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

Is this for real? :headscratch
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

This sounds bogus, but I decided to do a little checking. I did see this on the NSSF website. I have sent emails to NSSF and CDNN to ask them if it's true.
NRA Endowment Member

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

http://www.nssf.org/news/fromBP.cfm?BPseq=704

I've been following this in the Yahoo Gunsmithing group. Some say it's a hoax. Some say it's real but was resolved years ago. One member there claims to have called CDNN and confirmed it.

But unless someone has fabricated the above site, it looks real.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Kalrog »

The dates in that letter http://www.nssf.org/share/images/letter.jpg are from the end of December of last year...

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I just spoke to someone at CDNN. He could not comment beyond confirming that this termination letter is true. He also authorized me to post this information.

Chas.

dihappy

Post by dihappy »

The NSSF reports that Citicorp’s Merchant Services Division is refusing to process gun-related customer credit-card sales. This applies both to legal firearms transactions conducted through licensed FFLs as well as ordinary sales of firearms accessories. The first company to be affected by this decision appears to be firearms distributor CDNN Sports, a large retail operation based in Texas. Citi Merchant Services and First Data notified CDNN that its merchant services account would be terminated and funds seized. (Citicorp Merchant Services employs First Data Merchant Services Corporation to handle credit card transactions.)

Charlie Crawford, president of CDNN Sports Inc., explained: “We were contacted recently by First Data/Citi Merchant Services by a June Rivera-Mantilla stating that we were terminated and funds were being seized for selling firearms in a non-face-to-face transaction. Although perfectly legal, we were also informed that no transactions would be processed in the future, even for non-firearms.�

If you have a Citigroup credit card, or use Citibank for your banking services, you may want to consider shifting your accounts to another financial services provider — and be sure you tell the Citibank representatives why you are making the shift. If gun owners act in solidarity, other credit card companies may think twice about following Citigroup’s lead in refusing to handle gun transactions. To voice your concern to Citi Merchant Services and First Data Corp. directly, you can contact June Rivera-Mantilla at 631-683-7734 or her supervisor Robert Tenenbaum at 631-683-6570.

If you run a firearms-related business and wish to shift to an NSSF-affiliated credit card processing program, contact Payment Alliance International at 1-866-371-2273 (ext. 1131).

TX_TLC

Post by TX_TLC »

I have a good friend that works for CDNN I will have to ask him.

I wish they had a store front here in Abilene...but they don't. That sucks impo. I think I might have to change CC processors at my store and I can't wait to give my reasoning.
TX_TLC

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

Now wait a second.

I googled this and found that Citibank REVERSED their decision on this back in 2000.
I you SURE that it is not some stupid email that keeps floating around?

I call HOAX until it can be verified by Citibank. (Which someone said that Citi 'denied the policy', which can be true if they settled the issue 8 years ago.)

'SAF Boycott of Citibank Successful 2003-05-2000 [LINK]'

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

"funds being seized"???

By whom and under what authority could this ever be possible???

For lawful, legal transactions, and CitiBank is seizing peoples money that is transacted at a private business, or by private citizens???

If this turns out to be true, I just added a new resolution to my stack of stuff this year...I will refinance my truck note with someone else other than CitiFinancial...

I think CitiBank could really screw up and go the way Bank Of America did by issueing credit cards and bank accounts openly to illegal aliens...That would complete my reasonings for dealing elsewhere...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

frankie_the_yankee
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

stevie_d_64 wrote:"funds being seized"???

By whom and under what authority could this ever be possible???

For lawful, legal transactions, and CitiBank is seizing peoples money that is transacted at a private business, or by private citizens???
This is the part of it that doesn't pass the smell test.

I also have a dim recollection of this issue surfacing years ago and being resolved.

Something doesn't seem right about this whole thing to me. I hold a Citibank card and I'm holding off on dumping it until I am convinced that this is a real and current issue.
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

I'm finding lots of articles about this, but they all point back to that NSSF page as the source. So we have no independent NEWS confirmation of it. We do have Charles speaking with CDNN though.

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

I just sent CMS / FDMS an email and we will see if/how they respond.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”