Equipment: G29 in a C.T.A.C. holster, DoubleTap 180 gr Gold Dots

Trying to get the wife into this, too.
*SPEED, SURPRISE & VIOLENCE OF ACTION*
Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Welcome to TexasCHLforum. Yeah, I know I already sent a PM, but this is your public welcome. ;-)

Military guy with a screen name ShootNMove? A sniper perhaps? :headscratch

Regards,
Chas.

ShootNMove
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ShootNMove »

Nope, not a sniper, but a small arms instructor/advanced security reaction force member. I'm also on my ship's Force Protection training team, so I get to teach people about ROE and Deadly force. Having this job has opened my eyes and that is why I applied for my CHL and wish to go into LE when I get out of the Navy.

I lived in Hawaii for 3 years where you have to jump through hoops just to buy a handgun. When I got back to my native Texas, I had my first pistol within a week. It's all been downhill since. I'm about to buy my 4th and 5th pistols as soon as my tax return gets here (6 months combat pay :grin: ) and I'll teach my wife to shoot as soon as I can get something milder than 10mm.

Anyway, I look to you all to learn and I hope I can make decent contribution.
*SPEED, SURPRISE & VIOLENCE OF ACTION*
Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 23

Post by flintknapper »

ShootNMove wrote:Nope, not a sniper, but a small arms instructor/advanced security reaction force member. I'm also on my ship's Force Protection training team, so I get to teach people about ROE and Deadly force. Having this job has opened my eyes and that is why I applied for my CHL and wish to go into LE when I get out of the Navy.

I lived in Hawaii for 3 years where you have to jump through hoops just to buy a handgun. When I got back to my native Texas, I had my first pistol within a week. It's all been downhill since. I'm about to buy my 4th and 5th pistols as soon as my tax return gets here (6 months combat pay :grin: ) and I'll teach my wife to shoot as soon as I can get something milder than 10mm.

Welcome young man.

Let me be the first to say: Thank You, for your service...and to all who have gone into harms way. My hat is off to you Sir!

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stevie_d_64 »

ShootNMove wrote:Nope, not a sniper, but a small arms instructor/advanced security reaction force member. I'm also on my ship's Force Protection training team, so I get to teach people about ROE and Deadly force. Having this job has opened my eyes and that is why I applied for my CHL and wish to go into LE when I get out of the Navy.

Welcome...

GM ? or other rating???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Welcome shoot. My dad was WWll & Korea Combat Vet. I hold all you guys in high regard. It is because you and your buddies are awake in the heat & rain that I & my wife can sleep safe in cool & dry. My hat is off to you, my hand extended, & my prayers lifted up & our flag proclaims your character. May we on the home front do our job of supporting you as well as you do your job of protecting us. :patriot:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Robert Immel
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Robert Immel »

I am:
56 years old

Male

Oil company geologist

Married with two adult children and one 11 day old grandson

CHL status: My wife and I completed our CHL class in December and we are waiting for our licenses.

Texas State Representative House District #134

My wife and I only began shooting in September, 2005. We started by taking a Handgun Familiarization class at Top Gun of Texas and have been shooting there almost weekly ever since. She shoots a Sig P226 9mm and I practice with a Springfield XD 40 cal. The people at Top Gun have been very friendly and helpful to us newbies. We are also members of the Galveston Rifle and Pistol Club although we have yet to shoot there.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Welcome Robert & wife. Glad to see you join here as well as the shooting club. My wife shoots also & my Mother. Your wife is in good company. Have a great day. Both the ladies in my life shoot a Sig. 232. My son shoots the XD you chose. He is DI at Lackland AFB & an excellent small arms marksman. You both did your homework well. :thumbsup:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

dws1117
Posts in topic: 53

Post by dws1117 »

Welcome to the forum, Robert. You sure sound like your a blessed man. After our baby is born and my wife has had time to recover, I hope to get her to the range more often.

KevinK

Post by KevinK »

I am

Male
54 years old
Registered Nurse
Catholic Deacon
Viet Nam USAF Vet
Married 33 years
2 Daughters 17 & 23
CHL since 2002

Hobbies: Motorcycles, Hunting, fishing

Carry: Springfield XD40, Kel-Tec P-11

Was pleasantly surprised to find this forum (thanks DaveT!)

cajun_gunner
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cajun_gunner »

Hello,

I am a male
29yrs
Foreman for pipeline construction companies,
Married since Feb. '98
Father since Jan. 05'
Lake Charles, LA
Sent off Fla CCW aplication 1 week ago.
current handguns: Ruger P345, Taurus PT111 9mm, and a Kimber ultra carry on order.
I haven't found a Louisiana CCW forum, so please don't hold my LA residency against me ;-) . I do go to Beaumont often, and my parents live in SW Houston. Does that make me a Texan by proxy? :)

I was raised around firearms all my life, and have always had a handgun in my vehicle. Just became interested in concealed carry recently after having to pull my weapon for the first time(hopefully the last time also).

dws1117
Posts in topic: 53

Post by dws1117 »

Welcome KevinK and cajun_gunner.
Does that make me a Texan by proxy?
You're either a Texan or your not. Just the way it is. I was born in Arkansas, but been here since I was 1.5 years old. Some would still consider me a foreigner. It's always nice to have people from other states join us.

txbell1

Intro

Post by txbell1 »

Hello,
I didn't see any female intro's but here goes. I have just started as a shooter and found out that I really love it. Trying to find a gun that would be good to qualify with for my CHL was a real challenge. However after doing some research I chose a PPKS 380. I love my gun! Easy to shoot and very accurate.

I'm Female (bet you couldn't guess that huh!)
60 years of age
I work as a IT-telcom consultant as a QA engineer/Senior Analyst

Trying to get my Daughter involved as well. She works at a Grocery store and I worry about her when she leaves work. The parking lots seem like a prime place for abductions. I also have given her several books by Paxton Quigley, for example "Staying'Alive Armed and Female in an Unsafe World".

Looking forward to any advise and guidence y'all can give! :)

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Crossfire »

txbell1,

Welcome to the site! I am also female and a CHL instructor. There are not a whole lot of women on this forum, so I look forward to your input.

Your little Walther is an excellent choice for a carry gun. I hope you enjoy it and practice with it often!

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 23

Re: Intro

Post by flintknapper »

txbell1 wrote:Hello,
I didn't see any female intro's but here goes. I have just started as a shooter and found out that I really love it. Trying to find a gun that would be good to qualify with for my CHL was a real challenge. However after doing some research I chose a PPKS 380. I love my gun! Easy to shoot and very accurate.

I'm Female (bet you couldn't guess that huh!)
60 years of age
I work as a IT-telcom consultant as a QA engineer/Senior Analyst

Trying to get my Daughter involved as well. She works at a Grocery store and I worry about her when she leaves work. The parking lots seem like a prime place for abductions. I also have given her several books by Paxton Quigley, for example "Staying'Alive Armed and Female in an Unsafe World".

Looking forward to any advise and guidence y'all can give! :)

Welcome to the forum.

We hope to see more female participation here.
I can not think of any other group, that is better served by arming themselves.

The books you have given your daughter are both excellent.

A prime example of your concern over parking lot abductions is the one that happened in Tyler, TX. about a year ago.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... cted_x.htm

I'm not trying to play the "fear" card here, its just a reality these days... that "bad things happen". Unfortunately, the police can't be everywhere.

Good for you Mom!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”