Kangaroo Holster

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

AWMP
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AWMP »

was curious if this was a good holster or not, I have a friend that is wanting to try it, saw the holster at GTs in Austin today

Broge5
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Broge5 »

I sure like my Kangaroo. I have to were dress shirt and slacks everyday. It's the only way I have found to keep deep cover. CCW disappears.

I call it my Man-bra or Bro. Definitely better with undershirt under it, but I wear an undershirt everyday anyway.

Topic author
JLaw
Posts in topic: 7

Post by JLaw »

AWMP wrote:was curious if this was a good holster or not, I have a friend that is wanting to try it, saw the holster at GTs in Austin today
The Kangaroo, in my opinion, is a "good enough" holster for it's intended purpose of deep concealment. I still have the same holster, still wear it every Sunday. If I can't carry on the belt this is the only other alternative I have, so I use it. If you don't pocket carry or wear a coat/vest to conceal when you dress up, then go ahead and give this a try.

JLaw

AWMP

Post by AWMP »

Best pistol to carry in this holster? Glock 26?

Topic author
JLaw

Post by JLaw »

AWMP wrote:Best pistol to carry in this holster? Glock 26?
Sure, why not? I've carried a S&W 642, Taurus 85, and a S&W 908 9mm in mine with success. A Glock 26 should do just as well. Really any smallish pistol will do well in this holster, a good friend of mine has hidden his Glock 19 in his Kangaroo a time or two!

JLaw

fenster

Post by fenster »

dukalmighty wrote:is it just me or does that thing look like a man bra :???:
kinda feels like one too. for the big guys like me, anyway.

I use mine to carry an xd40sc while mountain biking: sport T-shirt, kangaroo holster, and a vest to cover up. very secure. I forget it's there even while bouncing down some rocks/roots. only downer is the lack of sweat protection. I have to strip and wipe down the XD after each ride while carrying.

jbenat
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jbenat »

AWMP wrote:Best pistol to carry in this holster? Glock 26?
Almost any compact or sub compact will carry well in the Kangaroo. I carry my S & W, 442 or my S & W, MP 9c in mine. Works well with a lose fitting shirt. Remember to buy a size larger than your shirt size. I wear a large shirt but bought a X-large Kangaroo and it fits a little tight.
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

sailormanCGA72

Post by sailormanCGA72 »

I've had a kangaroo holster for a few months now and wear it almost every day. The only problem I have with it is that my Walther PPK will sweat on a typical day down here in the valley. I contacted the maker about it, asking why the pouch is not more like the Smart Carry. He said that it was tried and just didn't work out. The weapon getting wet is my only complaint about the holster. I think to get the greatest benefit and comfort it should be used with a t-shirt and the weapon should be corrosion resistant.
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Bill

Post by Bill »

I tried to modify my wife's bra's but could not get a good fit. I think I will stay with my infidel. :lol:
retired CHL Instructor

Topic author
JLaw

Post by JLaw »

Bill wrote:I tried to modify my wife's bra's but could not get a good fit. I think I will stay with my infidel. :lol:
:smilelol5: :smilelol5: :nono:

Hope you didn't get in too much trouble...

JLaw

DoubleActionCHL

Post by DoubleActionCHL »

I'm wondering about accessibility in a pinch. I'm lucky that I don't have to wear the dress shirt and slacks, so I can't really identify. When I do wear dress up, I'm usually wearing a suit or a sport jacket, so I can carry on my hip. This rig just looks tough to get to. I'd also be concerned about covering innocents when you draw, as with a shoulder or cross-over holster.

What circumstances do you find yourself in that you need something like this?

http://www.doubleactionchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Houston, Texas

"Excuses are for tombstones. Get back in the fight."
--Me

jbenat
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jbenat »

Doubleaction;
The Kangaroo is certainly not a fast draw holster but it works very well as a concealment holster while wearing just a shirt, tucked or not tucked. I wear a t shirt or wife beater under my shirt when wearing it just because I find it more comfortabe. Snaps on a western style shirt make the pistol a little easier to access or leaving the top couple buttons unbuttoned on a regular shirt helps also (and looks macho?). I've heard of people sewing buttons on the outside of their shirts to make it look buttoned while leaving a space to reach inside for a faster draw. I haven't done that though. :roll:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

sailormanCGA72

Post by sailormanCGA72 »

This deep cover holster is certainly a compromise between speed and accessibility. I can wear this or the smart carry to work because I'm a tucked shirt kind of guy. So it's a case of wearing this holster or not carrying when I'm at work.

With snap-front shirts, it's not too difficult to draw quickly. And I don't see a particular problem with covering innocents as you draw. Just practice keeping the muzzle down until you've cleared all the clothing.

In an ideal world, I would lose enough weight that I could use an IWB tuckable, but I'm not there yet. :sad:
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

DoubleActionCHL

Post by DoubleActionCHL »

sailormanCGA72 wrote:And I don't see a particular problem with covering innocents as you draw. Just practice keeping the muzzle down until you've cleared all the clothing.
Ideally, with a shoulder or cross-over holster, you want to draw your weapon, drop it to point at the ground, sweep across in line with your target and raise to ready. The reality is that many people, in a stressful situation, forget this little move and sweep across, covering innocents. This presents an obviously dangerous situation, as we don't want to point a loaded gun at anyone or anything but the attacker.

http://www.doubleactionchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Houston, Texas

"Excuses are for tombstones. Get back in the fight."
--Me

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”