fried pork rinds

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

fried pork rinds

Post by powerboatr »

My wife picked some blueberry/habanero flavored rinds this past week along with some korean bbq kimshi flavored ones

the blueberry ones are awesome, but you can only eat about 5 before your eyes are watering and your on fire :drool: :drool: :drool:

korean kimshi ones are out of this world good

i had never heard of such flavors, leave to her to find some different ones

we needed a thread with just nothing but food and laughs
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

johncanfield
Posts in topic: 1

Re: fried pork rinds

Post by johncanfield »

If you are on a low carb diet, pork rinds are your friend!
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

We make our own and then we turn the meat to pork belly burnt ends. I would have took a picture of the Chicharrones

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:22 pm We make our own and then we turn the meat to pork belly burnt ends. I would have took a picture of the Chicharrones
we will be over for dinner
yummm yumm they look excellent

my wife usually gets them at the mexican market, they fry the whole side of the pig and bring them out in a clear garbage bag....it lasts about two days and they are gone .
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

We by the pork belly with skin on. Season both sides. Score the back side to it doesn’t shrink up while smoking. When it it’s 195 degrees internal. I take them off the smoker and fry the skin. The the meat and and fat goes back on the smoker for burnt ends. This is after they are done I like a little rib candy.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:55 pm We by the pork belly with skin on. Season both sides. Score the back side to it doesn’t shrink up while smoking. When it it’s 195 degrees internal. I take them off the smoker and fry the skin. The the meat and and fat goes back on the smoker for burnt ends. This is after they are done I like a little rib candy.
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

RPBrown wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:26 am
carlson1 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:55 pm We by the pork belly with skin on. Season both sides. Score the back side to it doesn’t shrink up while smoking. When it it’s 195 degrees internal. I take them off the smoker and fry the skin. The the meat and and fat goes back on the smoker for burnt ends. This is after they are done I like a little rib candy.
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
yep DITTO :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Return to “Off-Topic”