Ugh, monarch rounds = no thanks

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

glock19springtx
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ugh, monarch rounds = no thanks

Post by glock19springtx »

Russell wrote:Went shootin' today, decided to get the absolute cheapest rounds I could get at Academy because, well, you don't need expensive rounds to target practice.

I usually get CCI Blazer for the XD-9, and she loves 'em. Never had a jam, missfire, anything. Yeah, the rounds are dirty and I have to clean her afterwards, but the price savings is worthit.

Monarch's were about 50 cents cheaper this time so I decided to try them instead, and ended up giving a full and 3/4 full box away at the range, as I got 10 rounds in and the 11th jammed, 12th jammed, and 13th round misfired. I wasn't very happy.

So I do advise against Monarch for future ammo purchases. Couldn't even call them "ok" quality.
I have fired thousands of rounds of Monarch without problems in my G-19. I really like it and the price is right. :grin:

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 4

Post by txinvestigator »

I have a case of Magtech .45 that got submerged in water for a while, and I got it at rock bottom price. In a box I get anywhere from 2-8 that won't fire.

Great practice.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

tboesche

Post by tboesche »

I just bought two boxes of 9mm. Green box brass case. Iwill be shooting them out of my CZ-75b on Thursday. I'll let you know how they work out.
"Water's, wet, The sky is blue. And old Satan Claws, He's out there, and he's just getting stronger." Joe Halenbeck
"So what do we do about it?" Jimmie Dix
"Be prepared, Junior, That's my motto, Be Prepared". Joe Halenbeck

vallen

Post by vallen »

The Brassed Case Monarch is OK (Serbian). Shoots just fine in my Sigma, KT PF9 and my 995 Carbine.
I've had problems with the Steel Cased Stuff.

JasonH

Post by JasonH »

I buy their .357 Magnum brass case stuff for my revolver. I've never had one not fire.

The only problem with them is they don't burn as clean as some other ammos but it's nothing a bit of Hoppe's #9 can't fix in a few minutes.

I've never tried their stuff through a semi.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”