Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

striker55
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by striker55 »

I can't stand how the news starts predicting the outcome when some people haven't even voted. Save all the predictions and report the winner when it's all done. I think the news influences voters.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 191

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

striker55 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:00 pm I can't stand how the news starts predicting the outcome when some people haven't even voted. Save all the predictions and report the winner when it's all done. I think the news influences voters.
Yes it absolutely does. People who have waited to the last minute will figure there is no point in voting if the winner has already been chosen. Since Republicans tend to vote on election day, the early calls affect them more than the leftist loons.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Flightmare »

I am hoping that the title of this thread gets changed to "Today in Trump's FIRST term as President"....so that we can create a new thread for his 2nd term.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

ELB
Posts in topic: 86

Post by ELB »

USAF 1982-2005

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Syntyr »

Found on Facebook...
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1539

Re: Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Post by philip964 »

Flightmare wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:01 pm I am hoping that the title of this thread gets changed to "Today in Trump's FIRST term as President"....so that we can create a new thread for his 2nd term.
Done

https://news.yahoo.com/why-a-wisconsin- ... 30932.html

Trump demands a recount in Wisconsin.

clarionite
Posts in topic: 5

Post by clarionite »

philip964 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:27 pm
Flightmare wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:01 pm I am hoping that the title of this thread gets changed to "Today in Trump's FIRST term as President"....so that we can create a new thread for his 2nd term.
Done

https://news.yahoo.com/why-a-wisconsin- ... 30932.html

Trump demands a recount in Wisconsin.
There needs to be a federal law passed that election laws can't be changed in a state within x number of days of an election. And another for registering voters x number of days before an election. I've never heard of being able to register and vote on election day. Every place I've ever lived would force you to register a certain number of days before the election. I was surprised in TX in 2016 that I could vote with a provisional ballot. I was registered in Kerr county, but had recently moved to Kendall. I was told I could, so I voted early to make sure. But I was prepared to drive to Kerrville to vote. There's something fishy about having 100K or more new voters on an election day that break 100% for any party. It's a statistical impossibility.

And I have no issue with drive up voting. I do have an issue with only doing it in a county that leans one way very hard. I do understand that trying to prevent those votes looks like suppression. But allowing only counties that lean one way to have a different type of voting reeks of partisanship. We should play by the rules set up by the state legislatures when the election started. Not make them up as we go along.

I also have no problem counting mail in ballots post marked before the end of an election. But there should be a very hard date after, and careful checking of the stamp for when it was mailed. It's not like the election was a surprise to anyone. We all had more than ample time to get our ballots in. Personally, I took my mother's ballot (who is in a nursing home and can't leave to vote due to lockdowns) to the post office and had it round stamped. I was unaware of round stamping before this election. Round stamping means they don't put the ballot in the sorting pile. It goes directly into the box for the recipient. I did this a week before the election to make sure it was there in time. Enforcing the rules isn't disenfranchising anyone, It's making sure things are on the up and up.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.vox.com/2020/11/4/21550120/ ... ania-biden

Trump trying to steal the election as only vox can write.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

In Detroit.
Attachments
99A2F8AF-24DF-44B4-9450-16669F56278A.jpeg

Rafe
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:49 am In Detroit.
Nice. I want to know what the voter born in 1823 has been drinking. I can't say that I'd want to live 177 years, but if I were still lucid enough to cast a ballot for a presidential election, 101 might be good...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 172803002/

Trump is a fighter. 10,000 non residents voted in Nevada.

JDstar
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JDstar »

philip964 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:17 pm https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 172803002/

Trump is a fighter. 10,000 non residents voted in Nevada.
"All of the recent Biden claimed States will be legally challenged by us for Voter Fraud and State Election Fraud," Trump tweeted, claiming "plenty of proof." But as with his prior claims of widespread voter fraud, he provided no evidence.

Allegation's without evidence won't get far in court.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Rafe »

A contrast in styles of activism: Republicans versus Democrats:

Trump supporters pray outside of Clark County Election Department in Nevada

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... artment-in
Supporters of President Trump knelt and prayed outside the Clark County Election Department Thursday in Nevada while vote counts continued overnight.
Other demonstrators knelt outside the election building, wearing garb and hats supporting the president and speaking individual prayers, hoping the president can close the gap in a tight race.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

jason812
Posts in topic: 37

Post by jason812 »

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... democrats/

“If all this wasn’t enough, in Antrim County, ballots were counted for Democrats that were meant for Republicans, causing a 6,000 vote swing against our candidates,” she said during a Friday press conference alongside Republican National Committee (RNC) chairwoman Ronna McDaniel. Local election officials “identified” and “reviewed” the issue on Wednesday.

“The county clerk came forward and said tabulating software glitched and caused a miscalculation of the votes. Since then, we have now discovered that 47 counties used this same software in the same capacity,” she continued.
Maybe we need a separate voter fraud/inconsistencies thread
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Not much in the media about Trump getting more votes than Obama.

Obama got 65 to 69 million.

Trumps at 70 million so far.

Return to “Off-Topic”