Protests - the next level?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

philip964
Posts in topic: 155

Re: Protests - the next level?

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/car-injures-2-pr ... 55235.html

Woman arrested after two BLM protestors injured after they were hit by her car. Doubt she drove on the sidewalk.

Seems to me something is wrong. Notice her back window is smashed in.

Sounds like new laws need to be passed.

May not have been an innocent bystander.

https://abc7.com/yorba-linda-protest-br ... t/6585266/

Says was a member of counter protestor group.

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 12

Post by chasfm11 »

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:48 am The part I don't grasp is the leadership of the cities and States permitting this stuff, go back and read about past rioting and looting, the State Police or the National Guard was called up given order to stop the violence, yes rioters and looters were shot and killed and that's when the violence ended! These "protesters" have a right to peacefully protest but they are destroying businesses, attacking innocent people on the street and at their homes, seems that's not going to work out well for mayors and governors! So why are they allowing it?
Call me a conspiracy theorist but I think this is a two pronged plot.
1. BLM is not about racial justice. I would send you to their website to read "what we believe" but they have taken a lot of that down. They are about the overthrow of the U.S government as it stands today. I think that BLM, like Al Sharpton before them, is using fear and extortion to destabilize the country. The "woke" mayors might initially be trying to gain political points but we've seen the protestors turn against them too. For me, that is a sure sign that the politics in this are not D and R or even C and L/P. I don't think that they give a rip about President Trump Their target is his supporters. The BLM stuff started way before 2016 and they have managed to exploit a couple deaths in a way that they couldn't exploit the first few deaths like Trayvon Martin that they tried to us. I do believe that there are some people with legitimate concerns but they are and will continue to be over-showed by those with bigger plans.
2. The other part is the second shoe of the mask mandates. "They" (different from BLM) have scared the public out of its mind over Covid. I hear all of the time that people are willing to do just about anything, including attack their neighbors, to make the pandemic go away. Those behind the rioting would like to do the same thing so that people are so scared that they will accept anything to make the rioting stop. This is a larger audience than Trump supporters. There is a large swath of the public, I believe, that is so fed up with politics that they aren't going to get evolved or vote. They just want all the politics stuff to go away so they can go on with their lives. Like the mask attackers, they will apply pressure and maybe even accept Marshall law in order to quell the violence. When people get scared enough, they will grasp at straws.

The reason this might not work and even backfire is that there are more people who are starting to see through all of this. They all might not like our President but they may get to the point where they hate the other side more. We are about the find out how possible that is.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/texa ... tter-mask/

Young woman says she was fired by Whataburger for wearing BLM mask. Attorney and mom at her side.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 52

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:22 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/texa ... tter-mask/

Young woman says she was fired by Whataburger for wearing BLM mask. Attorney and mom at her side.
Good for Whataburger. BLM is a terrorist group and we all know it. How about if she had a mask that said ISIS? Not a bit of difference.

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:19 pm
philip964 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:22 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/texa ... tter-mask/

Good for Whataburger. BLM is a terrorist group and we all know it. How about if she had a mask that said ISIS? Not a bit of difference.
Completely true... and message aside, they have a uniform, including masks. They wouldn't allow a blue nike tee shirt. And they said they accepted her resignation and paid her for the 2 weeks notice... so she is obviously now trying to backtrack for cash.

03Lightningrocks

flechero wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:45 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:19 pm

Completely true... and message aside, they have a uniform, including masks. They wouldn't allow a blue nike tee shirt. And they said they accepted her resignation and paid her for the 2 weeks notice... so she is obviously now trying to backtrack for cash.
Yep. I have seen their Whataburger masks. I tried to buy one for my daughter. She likes Whataburger stuff.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... uburb.html

BLM rioters smash windows in homes in Milwaukee suburb after Black Officer kills Black teen and is not charged.

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:46 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... uburb.html

BLM rioters smash windows in homes in Milwaukee suburb after Black Officer kills Black teen and is not charged.
I find myself wondering what the laws are in Texas if something like this occurs. I would have a hard time not firing on someone who is attacking me in my home.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 23

Post by crazy2medic »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:21 pm
philip964 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:46 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... uburb.html

I find myself wondering what the laws are in Texas if something like this occurs. I would have a hard time not firing on someone who is attacking me in my home.
If a group of people are smashing windows, would you not assume they are trying to get to you to hurt or kill you? Kinda like being trapped in a mob on the street, when they break your car window you'd assume they were attempting to reach you to inflict grave bodily harm!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

seph
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seph »

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:33 pm

If a group of people are smashing windows, would you not assume they are trying to get to you to hurt or kill you? Kinda like being trapped in a mob on the street, when they break your car window you'd assume they were attempting to reach you to inflict grave bodily harm!
They throw rocks into my house, I think it's fair for me to throw lead balls back. It's like a game of catch.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

03Lightningrocks

seph wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:11 pm

They throw rocks into my house, I think it's fair for me to throw lead balls back. It's like a game of catch.
Exactly :iagree:

But I still wonder what the legal ramifications would be.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Pawpaw »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:48 pm
seph wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:11 pm

Exactly :iagree:

But I still wonder what the legal ramifications would be.
IANAL, but...
Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY.
A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

oljames3
Posts in topic: 18

Post by oljames3 »

US-Texas_Law_Shield has a video on defending property in Texas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TlTnQ0XNTQ

As I understand it, if you are inside your house and someone is breaking doors/windows, your response is defending yourself, not the property.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

03Lightningrocks

oljames3 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:33 pm US-Texas_Law_Shield has a video on defending property in Texas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TlTnQ0XNTQ

As I understand it, if you are inside your house and someone is breaking doors/windows, your response is defending yourself, not the property.
I watched the video and as you say, it is mostly about theft. Someone throwing rocks or bricks through my window is not necessarily theft. I see it as me being under attack.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 23

Post by crazy2medic »

How do you know when it's gone from vandalism to an attempt to get at you? I'm not fond of the idea they come through the broke window and kill me
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Off-Topic”