Protests - the next level?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

srothstein
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Protests - the next level?

Post by srothstein »

philip964 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:36 pm https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/cop ... -minority/

Protestors in PA demand that if the attacker is a minority, police should not be permitted to defend themselves.
I think the original article was written as a condemnation of the protests by putting their apparent desires in wording. The desire was never stated by protesters and is just a conclusion based on the incidents provoking riots. I would say they also don't like citizen self-defense either.

And that says everything any reasonable person would need to know about the leftist movements.
Steve Rothstein

philip964
Posts in topic: 155

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 12

Post by chasfm11 »

srothstein wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:27 pm
philip964 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:36 pm https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/cop ... -minority/

Protestors in PA demand that if the attacker is a minority, police should not be permitted to defend themselves.
I think the original article was written as a condemnation of the protests by putting their apparent desires in wording. The desire was never stated by protesters and is just a conclusion based on the incidents provoking riots. I would say they also don't like citizen self-defense either.

And that says everything any reasonable person would need to know about the leftist movements.
The protestors might not be in favor of citizen defense but Lancaster County, where the city of Lancaster is located, had 10% concealed handgun licenses when I applied for my non-res permit there. I suspect that the number hasn't dropped since. I plan to renew mine next month and will ask. I might need an armed guard to get to the court house to apply since I cannot carry in that building.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

philip964

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:59 pm https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/roc ... -it-quits/

Entire Rochester Police Command calls it quits. Mayor doesn't know who is left to keep the peaceful riots tonight peaceful.
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/2-dead-14-wou ... 00566.html

2 dead and 14 wounded at a party shooting in Rochester says acting police chief. Doesn’t take long for violence to ingulf a City with fewer police.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2020/09/18/arizona-s ... ake-tweet/

If your a college student journalist and you report the truth you will be canned.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 23

Post by crazy2medic »

philip964 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:09 pm https://nypost.com/2020/09/18/arizona-s ... ake-tweet/

If your a college student journalist and you report the truth you will be canned.
Also not noted in the story is the fact the police had tased him I believe twice because he was resisting arrest, attempting to reach a knife in his car and that is when the officers shot him!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

C-dub
Posts in topic: 11

Post by C-dub »

crazy2medic wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:22 pm
philip964 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:09 pm https://nypost.com/2020/09/18/arizona-s ... ake-tweet/

Also not noted in the story is the fact the police had tased him I believe twice because he was resisting arrest, attempting to reach a knife in his car and that is when the officers shot him!
I thought the whole going for a knife thing had been debunked. He already had it and dropped it when shot.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I haven't followed the story that closely but if he had a knife and was refusing to comply with police commands then he was justifiably shot! Interesting that he dropped the knife after being shot! Goes back to Do As The Nice Police Officer Tells You!
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Rafe
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Rafe »

C-dub wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:41 pm I thought the whole going for a knife thing had been debunked. He already had it and dropped it when shot.
"Watch out! I have a karambit and don't have any idea how to use it!"
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

rtschl
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rtschl »

Proof that Soros group is funding rioting. Today in Louisville, KY, after the announcement of the indictment, a U-Haul loaded with riot gear and supplies is unloaded for "protests".

A U-Haul employee has leaked who rented the U-Haul and she belongs to a Soros funded group:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... ingbuttons

Here's the U-Haul in question:
U-haul in Louisville, KY and immediately after announcement of indictment of one officer, a U-Haul starts unloading riot supplies:
Ron
NRA Member

C-dub
Posts in topic: 11

Post by C-dub »

Is this the next next level? It's gonna get messy out there. We got the Taylor thing, the Ginsburg thing, and all the other things were already going on out there. I can't even imagine what it will be like when Trump wins again.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

The part I don't grasp is the leadership of the cities and States permitting this stuff, go back and read about past rioting and looting, the State Police or the National Guard was called up given order to stop the violence, yes rioters and looters were shot and killed and that's when the violence ended! These "protesters" have a right to peacefully protest but they are destroying businesses, attacking innocent people on the street and at their homes, seems that's not going to work out well for mayors and governors! So why are they allowing it?

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 52

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:48 am The part I don't grasp is the leadership of the cities and States permitting this stuff, go back and read about past rioting and looting, the State Police or the National Guard was called up given order to stop the violence, yes rioters and looters were shot and killed and that's when the violence ended! These "protesters" have a right to peacefully protest but they are destroying businesses, attacking innocent people on the street and at their homes, seems that's not going to work out well for mayors and governors! So why are they allowing it?
I have been having some of the same thoughts. I really believe some of these leftist mayors and governors that are allowing the rioting believe they are going to score political points. I also believe many of them are suffering from an extreme case of Trump derangement syndrome.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Maybe so maybe TDS is the motivator but this doesn't damage Trump in the least, it does damage the local economy, damages their voters and is a sure path for the opposition to move into their office and run things

Return to “Off-Topic”