Hearing aid suggestions for my father.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ET-Ret
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hearing aid suggestions for my father.

Post by ET-Ret »

Everyone situtaion is different. I have a good set of hearing aids but with that said i do not like them
there are tone problems and with a lot of amplying I still do not hear everyone voice that I would like to. I can go back and pay fee to get adjustments
but i think some of this is farming. When I go in the room where my wife is watching TV she has it up so loud it hurts. Don' wear them where sound
is loud ( no gun Range) . We used to laugh at a coworker who had a $5000.00 set of hearing aid and went out on the work room floor and turned them off. Some of the sales co can give you a hearing test or so they say over the computer. I think the best way is to go to a sit down test and even that is not a 100% This is where i am its good but not perfect. In my case I have BCBS Fed ins and they will pay 100% up to $2500.00 but not the test to make adjustments later. So annualy i can be out another $100-200. dollars. At this time they will pay every 3 years which could change at renewal of ins. So the op should look at ins or medicare for some help. and look at someone who will take ins if its is aviable. I wear mine to special occasions and not every day.

Topic author
Zombified
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Hearing aid suggestions for my father.

Post by Zombified »

His current provider is out of state so it's complicated every time I need service. There are two local companies that service his brand of hearing aid but one wants a really high fee to re-evaluate his hearing and the other doesn't consistently answer the phone. Costco might be my next best option. His condition makes things more complicated since he doesn't really communicate very well.

Return to “Off-Topic”