Protests - the next level?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Protests - the next level?

Post by C-dub »

Wasn't handling it very well?

Looks like he handled it well enough.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Grayling813 »

howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by howdy »

Court documents in Kenosha shooting

https://www.dailywire.com/news/kenosha- ... shot-first
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 9

Post by RoyGBiv »

strogg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:46 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:32 pm
strogg wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:44 pm
AndyC wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:20 pm Just out of curiosity, I did a little digging:

Gaige P Grosskreutz - Milwaukee, WI - 40 miles from Kenosha (Bicep blowout guy)
Anthony Huber - Silver Lake, Wi - 20 miles from Kenosha (Skateboard guy)
Joseph Rosenbaum - Kenosha, WI (Headshot guy)

Kyle Rittenhouse - Antioch, IL - 21 miles from Kenosha

I'm not sure what the relevance is regarding distance traveled - but apparently it matters to those on the Left, so there you have it for perspective.
I think they're trying to defeat the self defense argument by saying the kid intended to incite trouble. Traveling 20 miles across state lines with a rifle may give that impression to some people. It's a whole lotta nothing at this point, but unfortunately, when you add up a whole lotta nothing, some people see a valid argument rather than an empty basket.

Regardless, this case is not as clear cut as it may seem. As far as I know, there's no video evidence that shows how the altercations first started. We are only assuming that it started when the protester fired his first shot. We don't know what happened before that. We don't know for sure who showed a use of force first. I believe it's for that reason the kid is being charged. If he can prove that the protesters were the initial forceful aggressors, then the case will die in court. We will see.
There is clear video evidence showing the kid running away, a gunshot (not his) and the guy following him throwing something at him ....
I'm not doubting that part. But did the kid use force to provoke the protester before the start of the video? That's what I'm getting at. Time in this universe didn't start when the video started. Things may have transpired before that. If the kid was the initial aggressor, then self defense is out the window. I am in no way condoning the guilt of the kid. In all honesty, I hope he didn't start the altercation. But I can't say he's not guilty of the accused crimes until I am certain of the whole story.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Grayling813 »

philip964
Posts in topic: 155

Post by philip964 »

Boxerrider
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Boxerrider »

philip964 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:56 am https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch ... of-looting

NPR - in defense of rioting
Osterweil utilizes many types of logical fallicies in that interview. Am I to conclude that she is OK with looters taking her books without paying and protestors burning the publisher's facilities?

strogg
Posts in topic: 13

Post by strogg »

AndyC wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:50 pm
C-dub wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:37 pm Wasn't handling it very well?

Looks like he handled it well enough.
Agreed - he wasn't waving it around, had his finger visibly off the trigger in every photo I saw and was pretty controlled when firing.
Maybe he just wasn't "operator" enough for the guy? :confused5

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/sports/20 ... -shooting/

Astros don’t play Friday night to protest a convicted criminal who fought with police was tased and then reached into a car to get his knife was shot by police and was permanently injured.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 18

Post by oljames3 »

Google images of "blake knife in hand" and you will see stills from the video showing him holding what appears to be a curved blade as he walks to the car.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 23

Post by crazy2medic »

There is clear video evidence showing the kid running away, a gunshot (not his) and the guy following him throwing something at him

A Flaming something !
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

srothstein
Posts in topic: 17

Post by srothstein »

crazy2medic wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:47 pm There is clear video evidence showing the kid running away, a gunshot (not his) and the guy following him throwing something at him

A Flaming something !
There have been more videos released that show the object thrown better. The guy through something, but it wasn't flaming. It was a plastic bag and the reflections of it fluttering made it look like a fire. I do not know what was inside the plastic bag and have not found any sources saying what it was. Clearly there was some type of weight in the bag to get it through the air. This does not disprove it was a liquid with a lit fuse in it, but a plastic bag won't burst and spread the fuel like a Molotov Cocktail.

And, IMO, it does not lesson the self-defense factor either. If someone is attacking me with a weapon, I get to defend myself. If it doesn't work the first time, I do not have to give him time to get a second chance to make it better.
Steve Rothstein

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.wispolitics.com/wp-content/ ... 020-PS.pdf

Kenosha Police association releases vital details on Jacob Blake shooting.

“Here are the actual and undisputed facts:
• The officers were dispatched to the location due to a complaint that Mr. Blake was attempting to steal the caller’s keys/vehicle.
• Officers were aware of Mr. Blake’s open warrant for felony sexual assault (3rd degree) before they arrived on scene.

• Mr. Blake was not breaking up a fight between two females when officers arrived on scene.
• The silver SUV seen in the widely circulated video was not Mr. Blake’s vehicle.
• Mr. Blake was not unarmed. He was armed with a knife. The officers did not see the knife initially. The officers first saw him holding the knife while they were on the passenger side of the vehicle. The “main” video circulating on the internet shows Mr. Blake with the knife in his left hand when he rounds the front of the car. The officers issued repeated commands for Mr. Blake to drop the knife. He did not comply.
• The officers initially tried to speak with Mr. Blake, but he was uncooperative.
• The officers then began issuing verbal commands to Mr. Blake, but he was non-complaint.
• The officers next went “hands-on” with Mr. Blake, so as to gain compliance and control.
• Mr. Blake actively resisted the officers’ attempt to gain compliance.
• The officers then disengaged and drew their tasers, issuing commands to Mr. Blake that he would be tased if he did not comply.
• Based on his non-compliance, one officer tased Mr. Blake. The taser did not incapacitate Mr. Blake.
• The officers once more went “hands-on” with Mr. Blake; again, trying to gain control of the escalating situation.
• Mr. Blake forcefully fought with the officers, including putting one of the officers in a headlock.
• A second taser (from a different officer than had deployed the initial taser) was then deployed on Mr. Blake. It did not appear to have any impact on him.
• Based on the inability to gain compliance and control after using verbal, physical and less- lethal means, the officers drew their firearms.
• Mr. Blake continued to ignore the officers’ commands, even with the threat of lethal force now present. “

Return to “Off-Topic”