New knife

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

strogg
Posts in topic: 7

Re: New knife

Post by strogg »

AndyC wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:58 pm Happy Day!

:cheers2: :woohoo
Thanks again for the show and tell. It was well worth the money.

Sidro
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Sidro »

My knife was last seen by DHL in OKC last friday and turned over to 3rd party carrier for final delivery. It has not made the 160 mile trip to my house. no further tracking info available for me.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

Andy,

Kukhuri House should be paying you commissions (or at least a free knife) for all the business you've sent their way!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

strogg

Post by strogg »

That makes me feel lucky. On Monday, it was in Kathmandu, Tuesday in Dubai. Wednesday in Leipzig, Thursday in NYC, and Friday on my doorstep after making a brief stop in Cincinnati. Total of 4 days in transit. DHL handled the delivery all the way to the last mile. @Sidro, you should try calling up DHL to see what's going on.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

Very nice Strogg! What handle type is that?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Sidro
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Sidro »

Well it made it, seems it was passed to usps last friday and it took them 7 days to move it 160 miles. Feels good in hand and pretty good looking knife, thanks AndyC for the heads up on these.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Sidro wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:18 am Well it made it, seems it was passed to usps last friday and it took them 7 days to move it 160 miles. Feels good in hand and pretty good looking knife, thanks AndyC for the heads up on these.
I've had similar results from the USPS on a few recent orders from Amazon in the last couple months. It's no wonder some want mail in ballots for everyone.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

strogg

Post by strogg »

C-dub wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:43 am
Sidro wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:18 am Well it made it, seems it was passed to usps last friday and it took them 7 days to move it 160 miles. Feels good in hand and pretty good looking knife, thanks AndyC for the heads up on these.
I've had similar results from the USPS on a few recent orders from Amazon in the last couple months. It's no wonder some want mail in ballots for everyone.
I'm glad you got it, Sidro. I don't understand why DHL didn't ultimately deliver it, but whatever. Maybe you just live in a rural area outside their delivery zone. Anyhow, I did notice as of late, USPS has been dropping the ball like crazy. FedEx does their part by moving the priority/express mail through their system, but USPS will invariably screw it up upon handling the parcel. UPS isn't much better either with frequent late deliveries. At this point, DHL and FedEx are the only carriers I still trust with package handling and timely delivery

To answer your question, C-dub, I got the horn handle. It feels really nice in the hand. It is definitely as slippery as you'd imagine a horn or stag handle to be, but the flared pommel keeps the knife in my hand very well.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

strogg wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:46 am
To answer your question, C-dub, I got the horn handle. It feels really nice in the hand. It is definitely as slippery as you'd imagine a horn or stag handle to be, but the flared pommel keeps the knife in my hand very well.
That’s what I was wondering. If I do order one I’ve selected that Micarta handle that should be less slippery and more water resistant.

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 2

Post by n5wmk »

Another thanks to AndyC for showing/recommending these knives. Really nice craftsmanship on mine!

Mine arrived on August 7th, after DHL either lost it temporarily or mis-delivered it. Tracking showed it was delivered to my house on August 5th, but no delivery person showed up on my cameras. I filed a tracking search with DHL. They promised me a phone call on Friday. No phone call, but the knife was in my mailbox that afternoon. Nothing on the box to indicate it was handled by USPS. Finally, a week after the promised call, I did get a call from DHL. I explained that it showed up in my mailbox. DHL rep said they don't pass off to USPS, and they aren't supposed to put packages in mailboxes. So either the driver wasn't following rules, or it was delivered to someone else in my neighborhood and they were nice enough to bring it to my house.

Horn handle on mine as well. And I like the little biography of the craftsman included with all the other paperwork.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Return to “Off-Topic”