Protests - the next level?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 23

Re: Protests - the next level?

Post by crazy2medic »

Give em 3 days they'll eat whatever you give them!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

philip964
Posts in topic: 155

Post by philip964 »

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking- ... hbourhoods

This seems to make the Seattle situation much more serious.

Apparently the police have been resigning in record numbers.

They were at 60% strength before this started.

Businesses are being shook down inside the CHAZ.

KC5AV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KC5AV »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:01 pm
parabelum wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:50 am
philip964 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:23 am https://mynorthwest.com/1934076/seattle ... mous-zone/

Antifi sets up a separate country in the six block area in Seattle know as Capital Hill. It is now know as the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone.

Probably won't see this on the MSM tonight.
"rlol"

That’s funny. I’d love to see how they plan on getting food, utilities, medical services etc. in their little Marxist “country”.
The food they brought with them was stolen by the homeless people.

They are wanting help, but it has to be vegan, non gmo.
I thought for sure that was parody account. Nope.
Last edited by KC5AV on Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA lifetime member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Some guy named RAZ may be the leader of CHAZ.

There is a Reddit sub Reddit now on this.

They are planting crops in the park.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Paladin »

All lives matter, and everyone knows I am a strong supporter of justice, but to put the BLM protests in perspective:
Attachments
FBI-UCR.jpg
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/entertain ... to-lady-a/

Lady Antebellum changing their name to Lady A to avoid association with slavery.

Antebellum is from the Latin "before the war".

https://www.click2houston.com/news/nati ... ked-cases/

Walmart to no longer keep muticultural hair products in locked cases.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:39 pm https://www.click2houston.com/entertain ... to-lady-a/

Lady Antebellum changing their name to Lady A to avoid association with slavery.

How long until we need to rename "cotton" since slaves were used to pick cotton? Same goes for any other crops produced in the pre-Civil War south (tobacco, rice, etc).

Rafe
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Rafe »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:10 pm How long until we need to rename "cotton" since slaves were used to pick cotton? Same goes for any other crops produced in the pre-Civil War south (tobacco, rice, etc).
I wonder if having "Charles C" on the ballot would confuse NRA board member voting...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 8

Post by powerboatr »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:39 pm https://www.click2houston.com/entertain ... to-lady-a/

OM goodness this is getting out of hand. one more reason to stop listening to them. nascar died yesterday, live pd, cops...wholly cowburgers. will cotton be renamed fluffed and ginned plant based fibers?
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-53004638

Baden-Powell statue to be removed for its own protection.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 17

Post by srothstein »

Paladin wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:00 pm All lives matter, and everyone knows I am a strong supporter of justice, but to put the BLM protests in perspective:
As a technical correction, that may or may not make a significant difference in the statistics (but will change it some), BLM is not protesting the number of Blacks killed by Whites, They are protesting the number of Blacks killed by Blues, that is blacks killed by the police. They tend to see police as all one race, such as ignoring the fact that of the officers involved in the George Floyd case, one officer was White, one was Hispanic, one was Asian, and one was Black.

And as much as I hate to admit it, there is at least some statistical basis for their complaint. While police kill many more white people each year, they do kill Blacks at a rate far larger than the proportion of Blacks in the population. Of course, to do a proper analysis, we would have to have quite a bit more information, such as how many Whites and Blacks are contacted by police, how many are arrested, how many resist arrest, and maybe the charges for which they are initially stopped and later arrested. I do not believe that the police are systemically racist, but I have little doubt that the criminal justice system overall (including the laws passed, the enforcement of the laws, and the bail set and trials for breaking them) is systemically classist, discriminating against the poor. Historically, it has been almost impossible to measure class (by economic status) in the US without measuring race also. This has been changing over the past 2 decades, but it is slow change.

So, the real question is if I have a system that discriminates against the poor, and blacks are disproportionately represented amongst the poor, am I discriminating against Blacks also? I think we may need to look at reforming some aspects of the criminal justice system, starting with repealing a bunch of laws. Defunding the police is definitely not the answer though.
Steve Rothstein

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

srothstein wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:17 pm
Paladin wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:00 pm All lives matter, and everyone knows I am a strong supporter of justice, but to put the BLM protests in perspective:
As a technical correction, that may or may not make a significant difference in the statistics (but will change it some), BLM is not protesting the number of Blacks killed by Whites, They are protesting the number of Blacks killed by Blues, that is blacks killed by the police. They tend to see police as all one race, such as ignoring the fact that of the officers involved in the George Floyd case, one officer was White, one was Hispanic, one was Asian, and one was Black.

And as much as I hate to admit it, there is at least some statistical basis for their complaint. While police kill many more white people each year, they do kill Blacks at a rate far larger than the proportion of Blacks in the population. Of course, to do a proper analysis, we would have to have quite a bit more information, such as how many Whites and Blacks are contacted by police, how many are arrested, how many resist arrest, and maybe the charges for which they are initially stopped and later arrested. I do not believe that the police are systemically racist, but I have little doubt that the criminal justice system overall (including the laws passed, the enforcement of the laws, and the bail set and trials for breaking them) is systemically classist, discriminating against the poor. Historically, it has been almost impossible to measure class (by economic status) in the US without measuring race also. This has been changing over the past 2 decades, but it is slow change.

So, the real question is if I have a system that discriminates against the poor, and blacks are disproportionately represented amongst the poor, am I discriminating against Blacks also? I think we may need to look at reforming some aspects of the criminal justice system, starting with repealing a bunch of laws. Defunding the police is definitely not the answer though.
BLM is pretty specific about what they are about:
whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence
The chart shows that most of the acts of violence against blacks are not due to whites. It is not due to the state or vigilantes. The violence is overwhelmingly from other blacks. And that whites are victims of black lethal violence about 12 TIMES more often than blacks are victims of whites.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/06/10/ ... restrooms/

College apologizes for allowing Police to use restrooms after protest in Boston.

I find it interesting how police are under attack to the point that colleges feel pressured for issuing apologies for common decency toward police.

Tonight’s national news showed police handcuffing black teenagers for jaywalking. Then a black teenager who was riding in the car with his white grandmother who was driving was stopped by police after leaving church. The young teenager was required to leave the car with his hands up and then ordered to kneel. Then later it was explained it was a misunderstanding and they could leave. No apologies or explanation.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Return to “Off-Topic”