Protests - the next level?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Paladin
Posts in topic: 40

Re: Protests - the next level?

Post by Paladin »

Mike S wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:06 am
Syntyr wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:25 pm
Mike S wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:10 pm

Did he say where? There seems to be Texas Children's Hospitals in Houston, Dallas, & San Antonio. I'm not seeing any news articles other than the usual medical related ones. I'm surprised that damage to a children's hospital wouldn't have been on anyone's news cycle in the past 24 hours, given the Twitter posts were from yesterday (during daylight hours, so plenty of time for something to pop up other than on a Re-Tweeted post).
Houston. The media has been willfully ignoring. They continue to portray the protests as all peaceful. They are not. There is other damage as well.
This did happen in Houston, but NOT at theTexas Children's Hospital (nor a hospital at all). It's in the downtown area of Walker and Austin Streets, NOT in the Medical Center. While the rabid criminal behavior is worth condemning (ESPECIALLY terrorizing a child), I'd caution against believing everything on social media. Disinformation campaigns are most successful when they take on a life of their own, & there's lots of actors who would love nothing more than to see our Republic fall from the inside.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local ... 6eea9e594c
Looking at Google Maps, that is correct. This was downtown at Walker and Austin St. Thanks for the info!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Well, even if the attack wasn't at a Children's Hospital, it was still against a man who had a child with him. :mad5

philip964
Posts in topic: 155

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/york-times-opini ... 51627.html

Opinion Editor resigns At NYTimes after writing an opinion that soldiers need to stop rioting.

Must speak the same. Required.

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 12

Post by chasfm11 »

From the Times article
For some Times staffers who opposed publishing the essay, Bennet's resignation was a positive sign, indicating that the paper takes their concerns seriously and is committed to applying more care and fact-checking to the op-ed process.
So the inmates run the asylum.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... by-police/

Texas man brandishes chainsaw at protestors. He has been arrested.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Flightmare wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:21 pm
Syntyr wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:25 pm Houston. The media has been willfully ignoring. They continue to portray the protests as all peaceful. They are not. There is other damage as well.
While many of the events (especially in urban areas) have resulted in damage to people and property, not all of the protests have resulted in violence. I abhor people who commit looting, rioting, and assault under the guise of a "peaceful protest". However, I fully support and encourage everyone's right to legitimately protest whatever cause they feel strongly against, as long as they do so in a peaceful manner. Looters and rioters should be arrested, forced to repair the damage done (by manual labor) and make other reparations for the damage they have done. Just my 2 cents.
And I am 100 pct in agreement there. I have posted many times want to protest and make some changes? You are good to go! Heck I may even join you. But when it comes to looting and rioting that’s my line. I have even commented several times that the majority of the knuckleheads doing the looting seem to be of the Antifa bent. One video I liked was a skater boy using his skateboard to break doors and windows. He was all down for the cause until big protestor cam up behind him and took his skateboard away. Then said something to hm. Skater boy walked away with a stupid downcast look on his face.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Paladin wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:33 am
Mike S wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:06 am
Syntyr wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:25 pm
Mike S wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:10 pm

Did he say where? There seems to be Texas Children's Hospitals in Houston, Dallas, & San Antonio. I'm not seeing any news articles other than the usual medical related ones. I'm surprised that damage to a children's hospital wouldn't have been on anyone's news cycle in the past 24 hours, given the Twitter posts were from yesterday (during daylight hours, so plenty of time for something to pop up other than on a Re-Tweeted post).
Houston. The media has been willfully ignoring. They continue to portray the protests as all peaceful. They are not. There is other damage as well.
This did happen in Houston, but NOT at theTexas Children's Hospital (nor a hospital at all). It's in the downtown area of Walker and Austin Streets, NOT in the Medical Center. While the rabid criminal behavior is worth condemning (ESPECIALLY terrorizing a child), I'd caution against believing everything on social media. Disinformation campaigns are most successful when they take on a life of their own, & there's lots of actors who would love nothing more than to see our Republic fall from the inside.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local ... 6eea9e594c
Looking at Google Maps, that is correct. This was downtown at Walker and Austin St. Thanks for the info!
:iagree: as well. Thanks for the correction.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:46 am Well, even if the attack wasn't at a Children's Hospital, it was still against a man who had a child with him. :mad5
It was awful! Rioting and the destruction of cars and office buildings is only slightly better than attacking a children's hospital. I'm honestly not sure that the mob's behavior would have been different if it was a children's hospital.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The Duran’s Alex Christoforou and Editor-in-Chief Alexander Mercouris discuss the a regime change operation that has appeared to fail, for the time being, and how professional agitators were brought in with the hope of toppling the Trump White House.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Rafe »

Syntyr wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:50 pm :iagree: as well. Thanks for the correction.
Yep; I'd heard something briefly on the local network news at 5:00 p.m. yesterday, but couldn't find any actual source. It's there today: https://www.khou.com/article/news/local ... 6eea9e594c.
a Texas Children’s Hospital spokesperson wrote: The location in this video is not Texas Children’s Hospital. We have not experienced any damage to our hospital as a result of the protests against the death of George Floyd and the injustices our communities of color continue to experience. Texas Children’s was founded to serve all children — regardless of their race, religion, creed or ability to pay. These are the principles that guide us each and every day.
I volunteer every year in a fundraiser for Texas Children's, so that video had me Googling for at least 20 minutes yesterday trying to verify or disprove it.

Doesn't change the behavior of the (forum rules won't let me say it) in that video...which KHOU agrees was at the corner of Walker and Austin.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaki ... s-weekend/

Protests in Europe this last weekend.

So something bad happens in Minneapolis to an unknown at the time local citizen there. Riots occur in Minneapolis. Ok, understandable, he lived in Minneapolis.

Then riots happen in other parts of the US, less understandable.

But then riots occur in Europe. I don't get that at all.
Last edited by philip964 on Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eyedoc
Posts in topic: 18

Post by eyedoc »

Syntyr wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:49 pm
Flightmare wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:21 pm
Syntyr wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:25 pm Houston. The media has been willfully ignoring. They continue to portray the protests as all peaceful. They are not. There is other damage as well.
While many of the events (especially in urban areas) have resulted in damage to people and property, not all of the protests have resulted in violence. I abhor people who commit looting, rioting, and assault under the guise of a "peaceful protest". However, I fully support and encourage everyone's right to legitimately protest whatever cause they feel strongly against, as long as they do so in a peaceful manner. Looters and rioters should be arrested, forced to repair the damage done (by manual labor) and make other reparations for the damage they have done. Just my 2 cents.
And I am 100 pct in agreement there. I have posted many times want to protest and make some changes? You are good to go! Heck I may even join you. But when it comes to looting and rioting that’s my line. I have even commented several times that the majority of the knuckleheads doing the looting seem to be of the Antifa bent. One video I liked was a skater boy using his skateboard to break doors and windows. He was all down for the cause until big protestor cam up behind him and took his skateboard away. Then said something to hm. Skater boy walked away with a stupid downcast look on his face.
I don't think anyone with a skate board rode it there. They use them for both weapons and shields.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.startribune.com/manufacture ... 571104922/

Minneapolis manufacture whose factory was burnt to the ground will not rebuild in Minneapolis.

1000 businesses were destroyed.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:42 pm https://www.startribune.com/manufacture ... 571104922/

Minneapolis manufacture whose factory was burnt to the ground will not rebuild in Minneapolis.

1000 businesses were destroyed.
The city's first survey of property damage shows that nearly 1,000 commercial properties in Minneapolis were damaged during the riots, including 52 businesses that were completely destroyed and 30 other locations that sustained severe damage.

Owners and insurance experts estimate the costs of the damage could exceed $500 million. That would make the Twin Cities riots the second-costliest civil disturbance in U.S. history, trailing only those in Los Angeles in 1992, which were also sparked by racial tensions with police and had $1.4 billion in damages in today's dollars.
Wow!!!

What an incredible failure on the part of the city leaders in their duty to to protect their city. This strongly re-enforces the point that ultimately it is up to us to protect ourselves, our families, our property, and our businesses.

Return to “Off-Topic”