RDS v. Iron Sights: Not just for old blind guys

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Re: RDS v. Iron Sights: Not just for old blind guys

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Scott B. wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:08 am The last 6 to 8 months, all the 320s I've sold to officers have been optic ready. The last week or so just about all I've done is mount the optics and tall sights on some of those same guns.

Have you gotten any feed back on how the LEO'S like the P320's?

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Scott B. »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:40 pm Have you gotten any feed back on how the LEO'S like the P320's?
Very popular. It's basically a binary choice these days, either Glock or Sig P320 and I see a lot of Glock to Sig converts. Both are great platforms so the officers are well served by whichever route they choose.

In this part of Texas, there really is no other competition. S&W is done as an LE choice to the point where I don't even stock them anymore (and I like the M&P). There's other brands carried by individual officers but not enough to be statistically significant.

Edit: As to specific feedback? It's the modularity and the accuracy that they like. I can't tell you the number of officers who have told me how much better their qualification scores were after adopting the 320. Grip choices being a huge factor for modularity. Small or large hands, there's a $36 grip for that. Don't like the classic P320 grip? Try an X grip for $45. How about that new Wilson Combat Grip, go for it. Coming off patrol and need something smaller for plain clothes? You can do that with a smaller capacity grip or even go w/ a shorter barrel. And you still have the same serial number.

On the red dot side. Sig's catch point was the Romeo1 optic (battery life sucked for EDC). The Trijicon RMR type 2 was just better. The Romeo1Pro and Romeo2 cut or eliminate that quality difference, IMHO, but opinions vary. Sig, smartly, recently starting making their slides with both the Deltapoint/Romeo1Pro mounting holes AND RMR mounting holes.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rafe »

Just great info. Thanks, Scott. :thumbs2:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Scott B. »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:48 pm Thanks for the feed back ScottB. I've had the Sig p320 compact basic model for about a year and its been a great pistol. More accurate than i can be. So far no malfunctions after 500 rounds. Its been my EDC ever since. Do you have any info on the beretta 92xcompact? Been looking into that to purchase.
I love Beretta shotguns but have never been a big fan of 92 series pistols because of the slide mounted safety.

With that aside, they're very well made and always have great actions. The 92X is a smart move for them and the 92X LTT in particular impressed me. If you like the 92 platform, then the 92X you'll like no matter what size you get.

The one that might get me in trouble is the 92X Performance and 92X Performance with the LTT treatment. That slide mounted safety and the 92X features is a winner, but it's not cheap. Really sweet gun though. Even sweeter if they'd do that same configuration and delete the rail.

Not a great red dot platform :-)
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Take Down Sicko
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Thank you ScottB. That is very helpful info.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”