Cockpit view Angels & Birds together over NYC

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Cockpit view Angels & Birds together over NYC

Post by ELB »

AndyC wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 8:21 pm That camera-work inside the cockpit was awesome.
Yes it was. I would like to see how they did that.
USAF 1982-2005

67N20
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 67N20 »

Looks like the Houston area Blue Angels (no Thunderbirds) will start at 12:30 near the Woodlands snd end up around 1pm near Ellington Field.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:47 pm
67N20 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:43 am Blue Angels/Thunderbirds scheduled for DFW/New c Orleans/Houston this Wednesday. No flight schedule or times yet.
Around 11:00 tomorrow, is what I read. Here’s a map of their flyover route:

F06BD740-C598-46B7-AE15-909F831ECA4C.jpeg
Updated info from Alliance Airshow folks on Blue Angels flyover tomorrow: https://www.allianceairshow.com/Portals ... 8613666185

Updated map:

Flight path description (from CBS 11 Doug Dunbar's Facebook page...can’t find the source he is quoting himself):
“Dallas hospital district, (the first 360 circle on right of map) rooftop of anything high up would be a great place to view. Same for Fort Worth hospital district (circle on left of map) Path also begins at Waypoint 2 (WP2 - upper right) at Mckinney regional hospital.

Waypoint 11 should be Methodist Charleton in Desoto.

Waypoint 14 is UT Southwestern.

On the route from there to over top DFW airport, anywhere along 114 looking East will be good spot, right after passing DFW airport, path takes them then directly overhead Baylor Grapevine.
Then that turn west at waypoint 15, should be right around 114 and Dove road in Southlake. West over 35w a few miles south of intersection w 170...then will cross 35w back to the East just north of 820. Mall parking lot 35W just north of 820 will be good option for the section. Then fly over Harris Health in Euless, then southbound to Medical city Arlington it appears. Then westbound turn to over Kennedale, Everman, into Forth Worth hospital district for the next 360. Same here, anywhere high up that we can get.

Final northbound turn and over Meacham airport, then turn to the south and overhead Joint Reserve base Fort Worth, then south and out. Do not expect them to land, all have been missions to the destination, then refuel mid air and on to the next stop”
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Video of the flight over Baylor Grapevine, which took all of 40 seconds...
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

iratollah

Post by iratollah »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:27 pm Video of the flight over Baylor Grapevine, which took all of 40 seconds...
Yeah, didn't that 40 seconds make you feel sooooo much better about the last two months? :anamatedbanana :roll:
Over before it felt like it started. Sort of like my first date at a drive-in movie.
it's socially unacceptable to be ahead of your time.
L'Olam Lo - Never Again

The Annoyed Man

iratollah wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:19 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:27 pm Video of the flight over Baylor Grapevine, which took all of 40 seconds...
Yeah, didn't that 40 seconds make you feel sooooo much better about the last two months? :anamatedbanana :roll:
Over before it felt like it started. Sort of like my first date at a drive-in movie.
:lol:

Insult to injury..... I live in NRH. I drove the 8.5 miles through heavy traffic (everyone had the same idea) from my house to a parking structure in Grapevine to view that 40 seconds. Upon getting home, I learned from my son's BIL that I could have driven the 1 mile from my house to the Birdville High School stadium parking lot and gotten the exact same view, right over head, for about as long. :grumble
:totap:

#TINVOWOOT

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

The Blue Angels flew right over our heads yesterday. Me and my coworkers had a great view of the sky from the 7th floor roof of our building. It took less than 30 seconds for them to fly from the Galeria to Sugarland.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

I'm gonna get in trouble for this but that is so bad @$$
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Off-Topic”