GA: "Jogger" chased and murdered

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 74

Re: GA: "Jogger" chased and murdered

Post by philip964 »

Biden steps in.

Wants justice for black jogger.

https://www.thejournal.ie/ahead-arbery- ... 8-May2020/

oljames3
Posts in topic: 42

Post by oljames3 »

philip964 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:25 am Biden steps in.

Wants justice for black jogger.

https://www.thejournal.ie/ahead-arbery- ... 8-May2020/
This, the media coverage, is all we really have right now. The news reports seem to be biased toward the same type of reporting we saw in the Zimmerman and Ferguson incidents. Andrew Branca discussed this media bias in his blog. Unfortunately, that blog is only free for threes days and is now pay-walled. You can decide for yourself if you want to see it. I've joined at the Silver level because it is of value to me.

The gist of what Andrew covered is:
Hey folks, In this week’s News/Q&A show we focus mostly on the suddenly developing story of Ahmaud Arbery out of Georgia, which appears to be the next faux “black man killed by white people for reasons of racial malice” story being developed by the mainstream media, now that their COVID hysteria is winding down.
https://lawofselfdefense.com/blog/
https://www.revolt.tv/news/2020/4/28/21 ... ot-jogging

This incident occurred in February. As of May 5, no one has been arrested. Reportedly, there is some video of the incident. https://hollywoodunlocked.com/shocking- ... white-men/

This same report reveals that one of the men involved is a retired District Attorney investigator. It goes on to say that the prosecutor believes that the two "white men" acted lawfully. Then a few paragraphs later, in boldface, without clarifying which prosecutor said what,
“I am of the opinion that the case should be presented to the grand jury of Glynn County for consideration of criminal charges against those involved in the death of Mr. Arbery,” Durden said in a statement Tuesday.
It is not solely the usual sloppy reporting that we are seeing, but a clear pattern of bias.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Live and FREE on Facebook LIVE at 1pm Central. Andrew Branca discusses the VIDEO of the Ahmaud Arbery incident. https://www.facebook.com/LawofSelfDefense/

This will be available on Facebook for a few days and on https://lawofselfdefense.com/blog/ FREE for 3 days if you join and the FREE Bronze level.
In today's After Action Analysis Show, broadcast LIVE at 2PM ET right here on the Law of Self Defense Facebook page (http://facebook.com/lawofselfdefense) we will share with you that very video, the facts of the case as presented by each side's narratives, and explore the legal principles likely to be most decisive in this case, including Georgia laws on citizens arrest.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Killadocg23 »

Saw the proclaimed video. Jogger looked like he tried to run on other side of truck when it was stopped. And was confronted by these crazies who had a gun and then he tried to hit the gun out the guys hands and they started tussling. They should have called the cops plain and simple and should be charged accordingly for taking the law into their own hands.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Boston Globe newspaper referred to it as a lynching.

I haven’t watched the video. Did at any point the 2 men in the pick up point their guns at the man who was killed before he swatted at the shotgun?

Pointing a gun at someone you want to talk to in Texas will get you shot a lot of times.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Killadocg23 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:37 pm Saw the proclaimed video. Jogger looked like he tried to run on other side of truck when it was stopped. And was confronted by these crazies who had a gun and then he tried to hit the gun out the guys hands and they started tussling. They should have called the cops plain and simple and should be charged accordingly for taking the law into their own hands.
We take the law into our own hands each time we use force or deadly force to defend ourselves.

The question is whether or not the use of force in the GA incident was lawful. I don't find it prudent, but my opinion has no impact under GA law. GA law is significantly different from Texas law in terms of burglary and citizen arrest.

But don't get lost in the weeds. The issue before us right now is the obvious media bias and baseless slander. We do not have enough evidence to discuss tactics.

Go to https://www.facebook.com/LawofSelfDefense/ and listen to attorney Andrew Branca.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

It made the national network news tonight.

Only story not about Coronavirus.

Showed the video. Clearly he grabs the other man’s shotgun.

Didn’t see him point it at the jogger.

Video guy wasn’t holding video still at all.

Apparently the son who appeared to be riding in the back of the pick up truck, is a former police officer and worked for the local DA who recused himself as well as the next DA.

Better to call 911 and let police do police work, especially when it wasn’t you who may or may not have been burglared.

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Killadocg23 »

philip964 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:54 pm It made the national network news tonight.

Apparently the son who appeared to be riding in the back of the pick up truck, is a former police officer and worked for the local DA who recused himself as well as the next DA.

Better to call 911 and let police do police work, especially when it wasn’t you who may or may not have been burglared.
philip964 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:54 pm It made the national network news tonight.

If you look at the video, the guy literally runs on the other side of the truck to get away. If I am trying to run away and oops somebody surprised me with a shotgun and I literally had milliseconds to react idk what I would have done. Probably lunged for the gun too. It’s all messed up. Regardless the guy was jogging even if you suspect him of criminal activity(which he wasn’t doing) why chase after him? Why be confrontational when you know you have a loaded weapon? They should have followed closely and call the cops. They did this because they “suspected him of doing something “. Come on now.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Killadocg23 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:09 pm Regardless the guy was jogging even if you suspect him of criminal activity(which he wasn’t doing) why chase after him? Why be confrontational when you know you have a loaded weapon? They should have followed closely and call the cops. They did this because they “suspected him of doing something “. Come on now.
Please go to https://www.facebook.com/LawofSelfDefense/ and listen to attorney Andrew Branca. There are issues of reported burglaries and other things that are not being reported by the biased medai.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

One is police report and an article in 2013 where the jogger is arrested for trying to bring a gun into a high school sporting event.
Attachments
AF50484B-38E4-4E6B-A8C8-5B87FEE47EEC.jpeg
9D5419A8-864F-40C4-B75E-40E3B2E389A3.jpeg

jayinsat
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jayinsat »

philip964 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:00 am One is police report and an article in 2013 where the jogger is arrested for trying to bring a gun into a high school sporting event.
How would this incident have any bearing on what these two men did in this situation? Did they have knowledge of this at the time they decided to chase down this jogger? Even if he was peeking in a window during his run, why do they think it is okay to chase him down with their shotgun instead of call the authorities? I learned in my CHL class that my license does not give me authority to enforce the law. I agree that this was a modern day lynching. They saw what the believed was a criminal and chased him down, shot and killed him, as he tried to protect himself from two armed men.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 50

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

jayinsat wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:57 pm
philip964 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:00 am One is police report and an article in 2013 where the jogger is arrested for trying to bring a gun into a high school sporting event.
How would this incident have any bearing on what these two men did in this situation? Did they have knowledge of this at the time they decided to chase down this jogger? Even if he was peeking in a window during his run, why do they think it is okay to chase him down with their shotgun instead of call the authorities? I learned in my CHL class that my license does not give me authority to enforce the law. I agree that this was a modern day lynching. They saw what the believed was a criminal and chased him down, shot and killed him, as he tried to protect himself from two armed men.
The issue I have with it all is that they did not see him committing any crime. They just decided it looked like the black guy that did commit a crime. I think the guy that did this figures he has some kind of extra privileged due to his history with the DA. I hope they hang these two. They are horrible representatives of the RKBA.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Re: GA: Jogger chased and murdered

Post by Paladin »

srothstein wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:03 am ...
This whole story and crime or not will depend on who is telling the truth. Did the two white men who stopped the black jogger actually see him at the construction site stealing anything? Did they recognize him from other break-ins? Did he start to fight with them when they stopped him? If all three of those are yesses, then the shooting was justified, IMO. Depending which ones are not true the shooting become a gray area. If all three are not true, then the shooting becomes a murder, and in Texas maybe a capital murder committed during a kidnapping.

My answers are of course based on my interpretation of Texas law. I am not familiar enough with Georgia law to have an answer for where the case really occurred.
:iagree:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

jayinsat wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:57 pm
One attachment is the police report from the murder.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”