Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 120

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19) from China: Its going to be bad.

Post by Grayling813 »

Rafe wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:24 pm Governor Abbott declares statewide disaster over coronavirus outbreak; covers all 254 Texas counties.

https://abc13.com/health/live-update-on ... 9/5999764/
Tarrant County also declared county disaster.

My church cancelled all activities where people gather. Online streaming of services on Sundays for couple of weeks.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Are you evacuating due to COVID-19? If not, then no.

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n5wmk »

I'm surprised that we're not hearing anything about COVID-19 hitting all the homeless/tent encampments along the sidewalks in several cities, to include Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, etc. Given that the severity of the virus is harder hitting to those with underlying conditions - weak immune system, heavy smokers, poor nutrition - you would think this would be decimating to those folks. Unless it is happening, and main stream media isn't talking about it.

I'm also wondering how hard it's hitting North Korea. We're hearing about South Korea, but NK has a lot more free travel with China than SK. I doubt that NK has quality medical care. Remembering the NK soldier that defected running across the DMZ in Nov 2018 - while recovering from his 5 gunshot wounds, he was found to be heavily infested with parasites. My prediction it may take a year or two (if ever) before we learn how hard he general NK population is hit by COVID-19, but I'm guessing it's hitting them hard.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 571

Post by philip964 »

More cases being reported in Europe now than in China at its worst.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Flightmare »

n5wmk wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:20 pm I'm surprised that we're not hearing anything about COVID-19 hitting all the homeless/tent encampments along the sidewalks in several cities, to include Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, etc. Given that the severity of the virus is harder hitting to those with underlying conditions - weak immune system, heavy smokers, poor nutrition - you would think this would be decimating to those folks. Unless it is happening, and main stream media isn't talking about it.

I'm also wondering how hard it's hitting North Korea. We're hearing about South Korea, but NK has a lot more free travel with China than SK. I doubt that NK has quality medical care. Remembering the NK soldier that defected running across the DMZ in Nov 2018 - while recovering from his 5 gunshot wounds, he was found to be heavily infested with parasites. My prediction it may take a year or two (if ever) before we learn how hard he general NK population is hit by COVID-19, but I'm guessing it's hitting them hard.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/jason-ran ... s-homeless
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 5

Post by NotRPB »

3 humorous things showing great intelligence levels of some people

Florida: Guy gets Texted "in Flight" on an airplane from New York that he tested positive for the virus. If he suspected enough to get tested why is he on a plane?

Austin: Apparently, A Liberal fearless leader of University of Texas' Austin and his family is self-isolating because after part of New York went into isolation they decided to visit New York. His wife has flu-like symptoms but tested negative "FOR FLU" (I never had a desire to visit New York)

A "random" Texas County where I reside:
At this point in time where the advice is avoid large gatherings and almost all public gatherings are being cancelled, only to be seen online or heard on conference calls ...The County where I live just E-mailed me: "Come to a large open meeting to hear about what you can do to protect yourself from Corona Virus all public officials will discuss plans regarding the virus. This is an open meeting; that is being conducted by the ______ and the Health Department." ...SERIOUSLY? I heard we should stay at least 6 feet away from others ... I'm thinkin' I'll stay home that day & be ahead of the curve. Not sure what I'd learn I don't already know... I perceive the risk exceeds rewards.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 205

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

NotRPB wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:22 am 3 humorous things showing great intelligence levels of some people

Florida: Guy gets Texted "in Flight" on an airplane from New York that he tested positive for the virus. If he suspected enough to get tested why is he on a plane?

Austin: Apparently, A Liberal fearless leader of University of Texas' Austin and his family is self-isolating because after part of New York went into isolation they decided to visit New York. His wife has flu-like symptoms but tested negative "FOR FLU" (I never had a desire to visit New York)

A "random" Texas County where I reside:
At this point in time where the advice is avoid large gatherings and almost all public gatherings are being cancelled, only to be seen online or heard on conference calls ...The County where I live just E-mailed me: "Come to a large open meeting to hear about what you can do to protect yourself from Corona Virus all public officials will discuss plans regarding the virus. This is an open meeting; that is being conducted by the ______ and the Health Department." ...SERIOUSLY? I heard we should stay at least 6 feet away from others ... I'm thinkin' I'll stay home that day & be ahead of the curve. Not sure what I'd learn I don't already know... I perceive the risk exceeds rewards.
Yeah, those are just a few of the examples one could likely find. I am amazed by the one calling for a large meeting. What is even funnier is people all crowding into their local Sams,Walmarts and grocery stores so they can horde food or paper products. They are all greatly increasing their risk of contracting the virus but I guess scoring 30 packs of 18 count toilet paper is worth the risk. These same clowns will try to stay home from work claiming fear of getting the virus.

I was in Walgreens last night. Folks were staying away from each other in obvious ways. At the check out where folks are normally lined up right on top of you, everyone was maintaining space between each other. Including me. I admit I could not help but be concerned using the key pad for entering my credit card authorization.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 30

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:25 pm
Rafe wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:24 pm Governor Abbott declares statewide disaster over coronavirus outbreak; covers all 254 Texas counties.

https://abc13.com/health/live-update-on ... 9/5999764/
Tarrant County also declared county disaster.

My church cancelled all activities where people gather. Online streaming of services on Sundays for couple of weeks.
My church did the same. I’m up to play with the worship team tomorrow, but it’ll be weird because we’ll be playing to an empty room, and the services will be live-streamed. Our Lifegroup also canceled our weekly meetings until sometime in April.

(EDITED TO CORRECT A COUPLE OF TYPOS.)
Last edited by The Annoyed Man on Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

iratollah
Posts in topic: 11

Post by iratollah »

Nevermind, image link didn't work, couldn't delete
it's socially unacceptable to be ahead of your time.
L'Olam Lo - Never Again

K-Texas
Banned
Posts in topic: 10

Post by K-Texas »

Kind of makes you wonder about the CIA becoming a political tool rather than doing the job it was chartered for. The Obamination Admin sat by and watched China build a man-made island in the South China Sea that has but one single purpose: A Strategic Military base that might possibly be used to affect the flow of commerce, or worse, while the Philippines and Vietnam both claim that it was built in disputed territorial waters that they both claim.

If you're a longtime reader of Tom Clancy novels, you might remember that in one of them he wrote about a scenario where Ebola was weaponized. I think we need to be asking if China would stoop so low, while we know how little value they place on the lives of the impoverished in their own country. They are beyond Mao-ism and never followed Marxism. All of the wealth they create stays under the control of the party, whatever you choose to call it, while abject poverty is still rampant.

How many Americans are aware that China is one of the largest, if not the largest contributor to the DNC? During the Clinton Admin, a Chinese American who was head of the Atomic Energy Commission, allowed secrets to be passed to China where we now know they're nuclear warhead technology got advanced by 20 years. Who is even looking into the advancement of their military and space weapon technology over the past 25 years? One reason Ho-Larry Clinton is simply NOT going away. She is the Manchurian Candidate and I firmly believe from recent articles I've read that she will not endorse a demo-commie candidate until she is chosen/negotiated as their running mate. Six months into office, if a demo-commie wins, upon his death, Ho-Larry takes the oath of office as the POTUS while she screams the man she succeeded was murdered by the vast right-wing conspiracy. You can be sure that if she's added to the ticket of the demo-commie nominee, it will change the nature of the entire process. Look at what she's already gotten away with: National Security Breaches as Secretary of State while we don't as yet have a clear body-count for those who've attempted to be whistle blowers. Jeffrey Epstein might have been as dangerous to her as kryptonite was to Superman, while every liberal arm of the mainstream media will defend her against us oppressive conservatives and Fox News, so long as it remains the only entity who will defy the Ministry Of Propaganda.

Look at the recent timeline. President Trump places meaningful tariffs on China and we get a totally baseless impeachment campaign just before the primaries. That didn't work, so now we have Corona just months before the general election. Coincidence or conspiracy theory? One thing that would certainly help would be to bar foreign powers from making contributions to Americans running from national office. To include the American companies they now control. We already know what a mess the CIA is/was when Trump took office. So if COVID-19 was, as some suggest, weaponized; a very inept CIA either missed it, or turned a blind-eye to it.

Maybe it is time to start seriously considering TEXIT. If Trump is defeated in November, it certainly will be! ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

03Lightningrocks

I don't believe China intentionally released this thing but I 100% know they had an escape from their Wuhan facility. One would have to be deaf, blind and dumb not to realize it.

K-Texas
Banned
Posts in topic: 10

Post by K-Texas »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:31 pm I don't believe China intentionally released this thing but I 100% know they had an escape from their Wuhan facility. One would have to be deaf, blind and dumb not to realize it.
One thing's for sure, their party of choice in the USA is certainly politicizing it for their own gain! And of course, the Ministry of Propoganda belongs to them! ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

03Lightningrocks

K-Texas wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:11 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:31 pm I don't believe China intentionally released this thing but I 100% know they had an escape from their Wuhan facility. One would have to be deaf, blind and dumb not to realize it.
One thing's for sure, their party of choice in the USA is certainly politicizing it for their own gain! And of course, the Ministry of Propoganda belongs to them! ;-)
:iagree: :iagree:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 30

Post by The Annoyed Man »

K-Texas wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:22 pmLook at the recent timeline. President Trump places meaningful tariffs on China and we get a totally baseless impeachment campaign just before the primaries. That didn't work, so now we have Corona just months before the general election. Coincidence or conspiracy theory? One thing that would certainly help would be to bar foreign powers from making contributions to Americans running from national office. To include the American companies they now control. We already know what a mess the CIA is/was when Trump took office. So if COVID-19 was, as some suggest, weaponized; a very inept CIA either missed it, or turned a blind-eye to it.

Maybe it is time to start seriously considering TEXIT. If Trump is defeated in November, it certainly will be! ;-)
Speaking of timelines.... have you noticed that the dem's impeachment distraction neatly overlaps the Wuhan virus timeline? In the middle of their attempt to nail Trump's hide to the barn door, Trump suspended travel to China, and they screamed RAYCISS!!!!. Meanwhile, he’s also trying to deal with his own defense. Then when Russia Russia Russia Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine turns into a nothing burger, the dems jumped on him for "ignoring" the coronavirus when THEY were not only guilty of the same, and doing their level best to distract him, but jumping on him for acting!

Being a democrat is an expression of mental illness.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”