Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 120

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19) from China: Its going to be bad.

Post by Grayling813 »

NCAA Men’s and Women’s basketball tournaments to be played without fans in attendance.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... nt-go-fans

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 205

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:30 pm NCAA Men’s and Women’s basketball tournaments to be played without fans in attendance.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... nt-go-fans
Yep, like I said many times in this thread. Extreme Over Reaction.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 571

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... crd1155806

200 deaths in Italy in 24 hrs.

From Teresa M.Quirk on Facebook:
“I am writing to you from Bergamo, Italy, at the heart of the coronavirus crisis. The news media in the US has not captured the severity of what is happening here. I am writing this post because each of you, today, not the government, not the school district, not the mayor, each individual citizen has the chance, today to take actions that will deter the Italian situation from becoming your own country’s reality. The only way to stop this virus is to limit contagion. And the only way to limit contagion is for millions of people to change their behavior today.

If you are in Europe or the US you are weeks away from where we are today in Italy.

I can hear you now. “It’s just a flu. It only affects old people with preconditions”

There are 2 reasons why Coronavirus has brought Italy to it’s knees. First it is a flu is devastating when people get really sick they need weeks of ICU – and, second, because of how fast and effectively it spreads. There is 2 week incubation period and many who have it never show symptoms.

When Prime Minister Conte announced last night that the entire country, 60 million people, would go on lock down, the line that struck me most was “there is no more time.” Because to be clear, this national lock down, is a hail mary. What he means is that if the numbers of contagion do not start to go down, the system, Italy, will collapse.

Why? Today the ICUs in Lombardy are at capacity – more than capacity. They have begun to put ICU units in the hallways. If the numbers do not go down, the growth rate of contagion tells us that there will be thousands of people who in a matter of a week? two weeks? who will need care. What will happen when there are 100, or a 1000 people who need the hospital and only a few ICU places left?

On Monday a doctor wrote in the paper that they have begun to have to decide who lives and who dies when the patients show up in the emergency room, like what is done in war. This will only get worse.

There are a finite number of drs, nurses, medical staff and they are getting the virus. They have also been working non-stop, non-stop for days and days. What happens when the drs, nurses and medical staff are simply not able to care for the patients, when they are not there?

And finally for those who say that this is just something that happens to old people, starting yesterday the hospitals are reporting that younger and younger patients – 40, 45, 18, are coming in for treatment.

You have a chance to make a difference and stop the spread in your country. Push for the entire office to work at home today, cancel birthday parties, and other gatherings, stay home as much as you can. If you have a fever, any fever, stay home. Push for school closures, now. Anything you can do to stop the spread, because it is spreading in your communities – there is a two week incubation period – and if you do these things now you can buy your medical system time.

And for those who say it is not possible to close the schools, and do all these other things, locking down Italy was beyond anyone’s imagination a week ago.

Soon you will not have a choice, so do what you can now.

Please share.”

03Lightningrocks

Holy Crap!

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:35 pm https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... crd1155806

“I am writing to you from Bergamo, Italy, at the heart of the coronavirus crisis. The news media in the US has not captured the severity of what is happening here. I am writing this post because each of you, today, not the government, not the school district, not the mayor, each individual citizen has the chance, today to take actions that will deter the Italian situation from becoming your own country’s reality. The only way to stop this virus is to limit contagion. And the only way to limit contagion is for millions of people to change their behavior today.

If you are in Europe or the US you are weeks away from where we are today in Italy.

I can hear you now. “It’s just a flu. It only affects old people with preconditions”

There are 2 reasons why Coronavirus has brought Italy to it’s knees. First it is a flu is devastating when people get really sick they need weeks of ICU – and, second, because of how fast and effectively it spreads. There is 2 week incubation period and many who have it never show symptoms.

When Prime Minister Conte announced last night that the entire country, 60 million people, would go on lock down, the line that struck me most was “there is no more time.” Because to be clear, this national lock down, is a hail mary. What he means is that if the numbers of contagion do not start to go down, the system, Italy, will collapse.

Why? Today the ICUs in Lombardy are at capacity – more than capacity. They have begun to put ICU units in the hallways. If the numbers do not go down, the growth rate of contagion tells us that there will be thousands of people who in a matter of a week? two weeks? who will need care. What will happen when there are 100, or a 1000 people who need the hospital and only a few ICU places left?

On Monday a doctor wrote in the paper that they have begun to have to decide who lives and who dies when the patients show up in the emergency room, like what is done in war. This will only get worse.

There are a finite number of drs, nurses, medical staff and they are getting the virus. They have also been working non-stop, non-stop for days and days. What happens when the drs, nurses and medical staff are simply not able to care for the patients, when they are not there?

And finally for those who say that this is just something that happens to old people, starting yesterday the hospitals are reporting that younger and younger patients – 40, 45, 18, are coming in for treatment.

You have a chance to make a difference and stop the spread in your country. Push for the entire office to work at home today, cancel birthday parties, and other gatherings, stay home as much as you can. If you have a fever, any fever, stay home. Push for school closures, now. Anything you can do to stop the spread, because it is spreading in your communities – there is a two week incubation period – and if you do these things now you can buy your medical system time.

And for those who say it is not possible to close the schools, and do all these other things, locking down Italy was beyond anyone’s imagination a week ago.

Please share.”
That part of it got my attention. The media is still saying only old goats are at risk of death.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://apple.news/Awlc8GL_5SNShyeuiCNsCPA

Trump stops air travel to Europe for 30 days.

jason812
Posts in topic: 33

Post by jason812 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:20 pm

That part of it got my attention. The media is still saying only old goats are at risk of death.
Just said coming in for treatment, not croaking.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://deadline.com/2020/03/tom-hanks- ... 202880431/

Tom Hanks and wife Rita test positive for Covid-19. Caught it in Australia.

Australia is listed as having 128 cases.

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:00 pm https://deadline.com/2020/03/tom-hanks- ... 202880431/

Tom Hanks and wife Rita test positive for Covid-19. Caught it in Australia.

Australia is listed as having 128 cases.
Do you have a news release app attached to your butt? That story just came out and like Johnny on the spot, you are posting it. LOL... you must not have a job. :biggrinjester:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... in-the-air

Can survive up to 3 hours in the air. So much for masks not being necessary.

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:23 pm https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... in-the-air

Can survive up to 3 hours in the air. So much for masks not being necessary.
I kept picturing all those Chinese wearing masks and wondered about how it was not helpful. I figured they had a whole lot of dumb people or maybe we were being guided in the wrong direction.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Grayling813 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:35 pm https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... crd1155806

Please share.”
I always go to anonymous people on Facebook and NBC News for my 100% factual news.

03Lightningrocks

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:39 pm

Please share.”
I always go to anonymous people on Facebook and NBC News for my 100% factual news.
:lol::

03Lightningrocks

Utah Jazz Center Rudy Gobert has tested positive for the Coronavirus

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... oronavirus

Rafe
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Rafe »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:43 pm Utah Jazz Center Rudy Gobert has tested positive for the Coronavirus

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... oronavirus
The NBA suspends the season until further notice; not just fans at the games, suspends the games themselves. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/288 ... oronavirus
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Return to “Off-Topic”