Nobody but Ilhan Abdullahi Omar

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 13

Re: Nobody but Ilhan Abdullahi Omar

Post by bblhd672 »

Beiruty wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:38 pm A modern day Christian Templar (and Freemason) or he claims to be one.
And that has what to do with this thread about the legislator from Minnesota?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 12

Post by RoyGBiv »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:43 pm And meanwhile, Jewish Millennials Launch A ‘Liberation Movement’ From The DemocRat Party :thumbs2:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44392/je ... osh-hammer
I need this t-shirt.... Searching.

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Beiruty »

bblhd672 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:55 pm
Beiruty wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:38 pm A modern day Christian Templar (and Freemason) or he claims to be one.
Maybe this is more relevant to the original post.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/21/us/p ... trump.html
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 33

Post by mojo84 »

Not to minimize the seriousness of the dispute between the Jews and Muslims. It appears to me what we have is an ancient ongoing feud similar to the Hatfields and McCoys feud. Whatever the other one does, one will find it offensive and use it to justify offending the other.

At some point, both sides are going to have to agree to take the high road and accept that both have a right to exist and that it's time to get past the disagreement that erupted centuries ago. Otherwise, there will never be peace in the Middle East and the feud will continue to spread. I suspect as typical with most feuds, both sides have done their share of offending and both have endured their share of offense.

Hopefully, both sides will come to an agreement to move on and get past the grudges.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

mojo84 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:13 pm Not to minimize the seriousness of the dispute between the Jews and Muslims. It appears to me what we have is an ancient ongoing feud similar to the Hatfields and McCoys feud. Whatever the other one does, one will find it offensive and use it to justify offending the other.

At some point, both sides are going to have to agree to take the high road and accept that both have a right to exist and that it's time to get past the disagreement that erupted centuries ago. Otherwise, there will never be peace in the Middle East and the feud will continue to spread. I suspect as typical with most feuds, both sides have done their share of offending and both have endured their share of offense.

Hopefully, both sides will come to an agreement to move on and get past the grudges.
Last I checked, Jews were just fine with Muslims' right to exist.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:18 pm
mojo84 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:13 pm Not to minimize the seriousness of the dispute between the Jews and Muslims. It appears to me what we have is an ancient ongoing feud similar to the Hatfields and McCoys feud. Whatever the other one does, one will find it offensive and use it to justify offending the other.

Last I checked, Jews were just fine with Muslims' right to exist.
Like I said, "both sides".
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 12

Post by RoyGBiv »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:18 pmLast I checked, Jews were just fine with Muslims' right to exist.
My favorite quote about this :
If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more ‎violence. If the Jews put ‎down their weapons ‎today, there would be no ‎more Israel'
― Benjamin Netanyahu
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Bitter Clinger »

One must be careful not to fall into the trap of moral equivalency with respect to the Arab / Israeli conflict. Study the history.

Anyway, it is always the fault of the woman (tongue in cheek). First Sarai (Sarah) invited Abram (Abraham) to sleep with her handmaiden, Hagai (Hagar). Then after Sarah gave birth to Isaac, Sarah became jealous and had Hagai and her son by Abram, Ismael tossed out in the desert. Ismael became the forefather of the Arabs, Isaac the fore father of the Jews - so effectively half brothers. Of course Abram had just as much culpability as Sarah in all this. So we have been a huge dysfunctional family since forever. At least Abraham smashed those idols and brought us ALL monotheism.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Oh, and BTW, let's get back on track here (although you will see in the nest post that I have already derailed myself again):

Ms. Omar is a naturalized citizen whose Somali refugee family settled in the U.S. when she was a teenager. Tens of thousands of Somali refugees relocated to the U.S.—some 25,000 in the Minneapolis area—to escape the starvation, famine and civil war that turned Somalia into a lawless, failed state in the early 1990s.

For a name worthy of recognition and remembrance, especially among Somali refugees, consider Lawrence Freedman. In 1992, the year after Ms. Omar’s family left Somalia, the U.S. sent troops there as part of a joint United Nations humanitarian effort. The U.S. intervention, Operation Restore Hope, began with the landing of U.S. troops near Mogadishu on Dec. 9.

Freedman was a U.S. Army veteran who earned two Bronze Stars in Vietnam. He was an original member of the Green Berets, reached the rank of sergeant major, and eventually became an instructor. He retired from the Army in 1990 and joined the Central Intelligence Agency. In 1992 the U.S. sent Freedman as part of an advance team to prepare the way for American troops in Somalia. On Dec. 23, two weeks after the troops had arrived, Freedman became the first American killed as part of the relief effort in Somalia.

Any American casualty is noteworthy, but Freedman’s sacrifice stands out because he was Jewish.

Thousands of Somali refugees who now live in Ms. Omar’s district had their freedom and security paid for with the blood of American soldiers—22 of them, including Freedman, a JEW.
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Beiruty wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:02 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:55 pm
Maybe this is more relevant to the original post.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/21/us/p ... trump.html
Syria lost the Golan Heights to Israel in the '67 war. The Israelis turned that barren high ground, laden with Arab anti-personnel mines into a lush farming region where wonderful diary products and excellent wines, wines that rival those from the Bekka valley, are produced. It is not up for annexation by Hezbolah terrorists thank you very much.

The Golan Heights is a territory in Israel’s northeast corner, on the Syrian border. It’s rural, mountainous and mostly empty. Fewer than 50,000 people live there — less than 1 percent of Israel’s population of 8.7 million. Half of the Golan’s residents are Jewish Israelis who live mostly in small agricultural communities. The other half are from a religious group called the Druze, who are mostly citizens of Syria - that is correct, citizens of Syria live in Israel, and they do NOT want to go back to living under a ruthless, godless dictator! In addition to its stunning landscapes, the Golan holds strategic value for Israel as a high ground that overlooks the country’s north. If Israel were not in the Golan then Iran would be on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. Check a map.

After the Six-Day War in 1967, Israel took control of five territories. In the ensuing 52 years, it’s withdrawn from two — the Gaza Strip and the Sinai Peninsula, both in the south — with the goal of making peace. How did that turn out? Not so good. Gaza is a terrorist hot bed and Sinai, which is a beautiful desert with wonderful potential, sits idle and abandoned, with only an occasional terrorist incursion to break the monotony.

This thread contains all kinds of information regarding the geography and politics of the Middle east. One is entitle to their opinion, but one is not entitled to their own facts.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:18 pm Oh, and BTW, let's get back on track here (although you will see in the nest post that I have already derailed myself again):

Ms. Omar is a naturalized citizen whose Somali refugee family settled in the U.S. when she was a teenager. Tens of thousands of Somali refugees relocated to the U.S.—some 25,000 in the Minneapolis area—to escape the starvation, famine and civil war that turned Somalia into a lawless, failed state in the early 1990s.

For a name worthy of recognition and remembrance, especially among Somali refugees, consider Lawrence Freedman. In 1992, the year after Ms. Omar’s family left Somalia, the U.S. sent troops there as part of a joint United Nations humanitarian effort. The U.S. intervention, Operation Restore Hope, began with the landing of U.S. troops near Mogadishu on Dec. 9.

Freedman was a U.S. Army veteran who earned two Bronze Stars in Vietnam. He was an original member of the Green Berets, reached the rank of sergeant major, and eventually became an instructor. He retired from the Army in 1990 and joined the Central Intelligence Agency. In 1992 the U.S. sent Freedman as part of an advance team to prepare the way for American troops in Somalia. On Dec. 23, two weeks after the troops had arrived, Freedman became the first American killed as part of the relief effort in Somalia.

Any American casualty is noteworthy, but Freedman’s sacrifice stands out because he was Jewish.

Thousands of Somali refugees who now live in Ms. Omar’s district had their freedom and security paid for with the blood of American soldiers—22 of them, including Freedman, a JEW.
This post prompted me to look to see if any Muslims have supported Jews and Israel since you pointed out a Jew that supported Muslims.

I found this interesting. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_s ... _of_Israel

I know it's Wikipedia. However, that what I found after a brief search.

Again, it's going to take both sides to chose peace and drop the grudges and pointing out how the other is wrong.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Bitter, Isreal state has to either give the Arabs land back and recognize the right of Palestinians or there is no peace.
If you think this will never happen in our lifetime, then give the Palestinian under occupation the same rights of all other Isaeli citizens
Beiruty,

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Apartheid states do not last.
Beiruty,

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Is this accurate?
The Arabs living in East Jerusalem and the Druze in the Golan Heights, occupied by Israel in the Six-Day War of 1967 and later annexed, were offered Israeli citizenship, but most have refused, not wanting to recognize Israel's claim to sovereignty. They became permanent residents instead.[19] They have the right to apply for citizenship, are entitled to municipal services and have municipal voting rights.
How about this?
According to Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics, the Arab population in 2013 was estimated at 1,658,000, representing 21% of the country's population.[2] The majority of these identify themselves as Arab or Palestinian by nationality and Israeli by citizenship.[9][10][11] Arab citizens of Israel mostly live in Arab-majority towns and cities; with eight of Israel's ten poorest cities being Arab. The vast majority attend separate schools to Jewish Israelis, and Arab political parties have never joined a government coalition.[12][13] Many have family ties to Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip as well as to Palestinian refugees in Jordan, Syria and Lebanon.[14] Galilee Bedouins, Negev Bedouins and the Druze tend to identify more as Israelis than other Arab citizens of Israel.[15][16][17][18]
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_cit ... _groupings

Is the segregation in Israel forced or is it by choice?

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

See the wall of seperation, the never ending Palestinian homes demolition and the expansion of settlements on Arabs land
Beiruty,

Return to “Off-Topic”