Post your 1911 beauties!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

badkarma56
Posts in topic: 1

Post by badkarma56 »

ScubaSigGuy wrote:These things keep multiplying... Somebody should have warned me how much like company. :grin:

Very nice collection, Scuba...is that an EMP that I spy in your photo? Assuming that it is, I'm curious about your range experiences with the weapon. I've become very intrigued by this "short action" 1911 design and have been kickin' around the thought of getting one.

It might be high-time for me to drink a little of JMB's Kool-aid if the EMP lives up to it's promise... ;-)
Online CHL App Completed: 25JUN07
CHL App Packet Received from DPS: 29JUN07
CHL Class: 7JUL07
CHL App Sent to DPS: 9JUL07
DPS Received CHL App: 12JUL07
DPS "Processing App": 25JUL07
DPS "App Completed": 15AUG07
CHL In-Hand: 17AUG07

KinnyLee
Posts in topic: 54

Post by KinnyLee »

That Springfield Pro is so pretty.

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 27

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

badkarma56 wrote:
ScubaSigGuy wrote:These things keep multiplying... Somebody should have warned me how much like company. :grin:

Very nice collection, Scuba...is that an EMP that I spy in your photo? Assuming that it is, I'm curious about your range experiences with the weapon. I've become very intrigued by this "short action" 1911 design and have been kickin' around the thought of getting one.

It might be high-time for me to drink a little of JMB's Kool-aid if the EMP lives up to it's promise... ;-)
I am a huge fan of the EMP. It is very accurate for a 3" pistol. As much as I love my .45's I am much more accurate in rapid fire with the EMP. It had a few initial hiccups, but a quick trip back to Springfield, and over 2,500 rds later it is still perfect. I plan on purchasing another one as soon as I can find one. They are pretty scarce right now.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Reysc
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Reysc »

ScubaSigGuy wrote:
badkarma56 wrote:

I am a huge fan of the EMP. It is very accurate for a 3" pistol. As much as I love my .45's I am much more accurate in rapid fire with the EMP. It had a few initial hiccups, but a quick trip back to Springfield, and over 2,500 rds later it is still perfect. I plan on purchasing another one as soon as I can find one. They are pretty scarce right now.

Maybe it's about time to rename you Scuba1911Guy??

Here's miy little one..The grip belongs to HV now :smile:
ReySC

longtooth
Posts in topic: 72

Post by longtooth »

Scuba1911Guy :?: :?: :?: :cool:
I like it. I like it. :grin:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Impax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Impax »

Freshly sanded with 2000 grit sandpaper and polished with mother's mag polish

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

Reysc wrote:Maybe it's about time to rename you Scuba1911Guy??
That's a thought. Had I only known that I was going to become addicted to 1911's.

Hmmm. Those grips look familiar.

I just wanted to be like Rey :grin: .
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

longtooth wrote:Scuba1911Guy :?: :?: :?: :cool:
I like it. I like it. :grin:
If my logon doesn't work later I'll know what to try. :lol:
S.S.G.

NRA MEMBER

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 63

Post by HighVelocity »

Ahh yes, such beautiful hardware. Since I changed ISP's, none of my old pics work so I guess I'll just have to repost them. :lol:

Here's my 5" carry rig. Springfield lightweight loaded in 2-tone with an XS tritium front sight, Yost/Bonitz rear sight, Wilson Combat fitted barrel bushing, Wilson Combat 30lpi checkered MSH with lanyard loop, Davidsons "Horned Lizard" grips, Milt Sparks holster, Gary Brommeland mag pouch and Wilson 47DBC (black armortuff coating and compact steel bases) loaded with Winchester Ranger RA45T ammo.

I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

9mmGuy
Posts in topic: 12

Post by 9mmGuy »

ScubaSigGuy wrote:These things keep multiplying... Somebody should have warned me how much they like company. :grin:

Holy Moly! :shock: man i gotta ask, coming from some one that is VERY envious. how do you afford a collection like that!! Thats gotta be over 5k, maybe more, worth of pistols!!
Luck favors the Prepared
G19c, G26, KT P11, Mossberg Mav 88, 10/22

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

9mmGuy wrote:
ScubaSigGuy wrote:These things keep multiplying... Somebody should have warned me how much they like company. :grin:

Holy Moly! :shock: man i gotta ask, coming from some one that is VERY envious. how do you afford a collection like that!! Thats gotta be over 5k, maybe more, worth of pistols!!
+1 :smile: Scuba1911Guy is first class all the way.From his taste on cigars to wines and everything in between.. Now, having said that here's a pic of my BELOVED ROCK ISLAND ARMORY 45 acp. IMHO, best value for the money. I will have to ask HV to test drive my baby abd see if I can get an endorsement.. :smile:

ReySC

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

HighVelocity wrote:Ahh yes, such beautiful hardware. Since I changed ISP's, none of my old pics work so I guess I'll just have to repost them. :lol:

Here's my 5" carry rig. Springfield lightweight loaded in 2-tone with an XS tritium front sight, Yost/Bonitz rear sight, Wilson Combat fitted barrel bushing, Wilson Combat 30lpi checkered MSH with lanyard loop, Davidsons "Horned Lizard" grips, Milt Sparks holster, Gary Brommeland mag pouch and Wilson 47DBC (black armortuff coating and compact steel bases) loaded with Winchester Ranger RA45T ammo.
That is one sharp setup! Great looking grips.

You need to work on the grouping a little :rolll
S.S.G.

NRA MEMBER

carlson1
Posts in topic: 31

Post by carlson1 »

Colt Gold Cup

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

carlson1 wrote:Colt Gold Cup
That's a beauty Carl!! Hope you keep it for a loong time!
ReySC

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Skiprr »

ScubaSigGuy wrote:
HighVelocity wrote:Ahh yes, such beautiful hardware. Since I changed ISP's, none of my old pics work so I guess I'll just have to repost them.
That is one sharp setup! Great looking grips.

You need to work on the grouping a little :rolll
Yeah; HV has to be at around seven yards to put five rounds through the same hole. And out at 25 yards, you sometimes can't even cover his five-shot groups with a nickel. But he's still young. He has more time to practice. :grin:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”