Finally! Grand Opening!! New Indoor Range in Hou on 10/6/7!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

barres
Posts in topic: 1

Post by barres »

My In-Laws are in your area, so I'll have to try to stop by one of these days. Are you going to be a range only or will you stock an inventory of supplies/accessories/firearms? If firearms, what lines do you see carrying?
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

Velocity
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Finally! Grand Opening!! New Indoor Range in Hou on 10/6

Post by Velocity »

Mac Truck wrote:We are open officially at 10am on Saturday 10/6/07!!

EVERYONE is invited! Come one, come all! Introduce yourselves by your handle on here if you see me!
Good to hear the opening is this weekend! Got a wedding to go to on Saturday, but will try and make it by opening day.

What are your hours on Sunday?

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

I have never shot at a rental range (there aren't any within a hundred miles of here), so I can't comment on your prices. I do have a question, though: why charge per multiple shooters in one lane, since they can only shoot one at a time?

I would think that charging a set fee per lane per hour more accurately reflects the service you're providing. If six friends show up and shoot ten minutes apiece, the cost to you is the same: one lane for one hour.

Like I said, I have no experience with pay ranges, but if my wife and I went to one, it would irritate me to be charged more for two people shooting, when the round count was the same. Just my thoughts, take them for what they're worth.

Kevin

Topic author
Mac Truck
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Mac Truck »

REVISED RANGE RULES:

1. $4 off for LEO/Military for lane rental
2. YOU CAN shoot aluminum now, but just promise us that you will do your best to pick up your own casings when you are finished.
3. The price no longer is "per hour", it is a flat rate for any amount of time.
4. Charging per shooter is just the way it is. As far as I know, we are one of the only ranges in the area that even offer a discount for the second shooter. Its usually "per person".
5. Rapid fire all you want. The faster you shoot, the faster you'll come buy ammo! :grin:
Shiloh Indoor Shooting Range NOW OPEN!
12703 Shiloh Church Rd Houston,TX 77066
(281)520-1038 EVERYONE welcome!
http://www.shilohshooting.com
Reasonably priced ammo, great target selection!

NguyenVanDon
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NguyenVanDon »

Mac Truck wrote:REVISED RANGE RULES:

1. $4 off for LEO/Military for lane rental
2. YOU CAN shoot aluminum now, but just promise us that you will do your best to pick up your own casings when you are finished.
3. The price no longer is "per hour", it is a flat rate for any amount of time.
4. Charging per shooter is just the way it is. As far as I know, we are one of the only ranges in the area that even offer a discount for the second shooter. Its usually "per person".
5. Rapid fire all you want. The faster you shoot, the faster you'll come buy ammo! :grin:
What happen if I rent out 2 lanes and I bring out 5-6 friends with me? You said 1 lane with only 2 people. Having more than 2 people in a lane would be a problem?

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

Mac Truck wrote: YOU CAN shoot aluminum now, but just promise us that you will do your best to pick up your own casings when you are finished.
That is very reasonable.....thank you for making that change.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

RedRaider

Post by RedRaider »

Just curious, what hours will you be open from?

Bill

Post by Bill »

KBCraig wrote:I have never shot at a rental range (there aren't any within a hundred miles of here), so I can't comment on your prices. I do have a question, though: why charge per multiple shooters in one lane, since they can only shoot one at a time?

I would think that charging a set fee per lane per hour more accurately reflects the service you're providing. If six friends show up and shoot ten minutes apiece, the cost to you is the same: one lane for one hour.

Like I said, I have no experience with pay ranges, but if my wife and I went to one, it would irritate me to be charged more for two people shooting, when the round count was the same. Just my thoughts, take them for what they're worth.

Kevin
I agree with you Kevin, I take my wife and she shoots 50 rounds in 10-15 minutes, but pays almost as much as me, so I end up with 25 bucks to shoot, plus ammo, ouch :sad: I usually do not spend over 1 hour, i would like to see at least family members with you no charge, now if your buddy and you share a lane different story
retired CHL Instructor

Bill

Post by Bill »

Mac Truck wrote:
HEMIzygote wrote:Holy cow!! $16 bucks/hr and $26/hr for two people?

I guess thats average for Houston?

I went shooting yesterday at an indoor range (Lubbock TX) and paid $8 bucks total and was there for 3 hours. The outdoor range here is $4.25/hr.

Hey Man, at least we're not charging full price for the 2nd shooter. Show me a range in Houston that even offers a discount for the second person!

The only reason for not allowing Aluminum is that it is bear to seperate from the brass, and the steel can be done by using a simple magnet. I don't see why it wouldn't be feasible to shoot aluminum here as long as you agree to pick up your own casings?? I'll run it past the powers that be, but we're easy going folks.
Memorial Oaks does it 15plus 10.

Wife and I don't shoot their much for that reason, they are also not that busy, which might have something to do with their pricing
retired CHL Instructor

mdek

Post by mdek »

One quick question: do you allow shooters under 21 years old? I'm 21 myself, but I'd like to come by with a friend who is 20. All local ranges I've been to are fine with this except for top gun, so I thought I'd ask before making the drive.

Topic author
Mac Truck
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Mac Truck »

Bill wrote:
Mac Truck wrote:

I went shooting yesterday at an indoor range (Lubbock TX) and paid $8 bucks total and was there for 3 hours. The outdoor range here is $4.25/hr.

Hey Man, at least we're not charging full price for the 2nd shooter. Show me a range in Houston that even offers a discount for the second person!

The only reason for not allowing Aluminum is that it is bear to seperate from the brass, and the steel can be done by using a simple magnet. I don't see why it wouldn't be feasible to shoot aluminum here as long as you agree to pick up your own casings?? I'll run it past the powers that be, but we're easy going folks.

Wife and I don't shoot their much for that reason, they are also not that busy, which might have something to do with their pricing
Well, Bill.... :lol: :lol: have you looked into the price of building an indoor range from scratch and paying the electric bill on the lights, a/c, and filtration system lately?

Top Gun charges full price for all shooters if I'm not mistaken. I know 59Range is cheaper, and they're great guys over there. More power to 'em. Memorial Oaks is a very clean establishment with extremely friendly folks that own it. It is also located on a parcel of land that happens to have very high property tax/value. As much as I'd love to just invite everyone over to my backyard and shoot ourselves deaf, we are in business to try to be profitable. We have a TON of money invested into this place that we need to show a return on as soon as humanly possible. We have some perks that we are very proud of as well, such as offering competitively priced ammo. ITS NOT THE CHEAPEST, but it won't make your sphincter pucker at the sound of cash register, either.

Besides that, now that we are done with the downstairs lanes, we need some revenue to come in to help fund the 3-D Shoothouse upstairs!! (looking like it will be frangibles only up there due to the weight of the steel needed to bulletproof the walls.)

Look at this way, for $1 more than Memorial Oaks, you get a free Diet Dr. Pepper and cheaper ammo if you are forced to buy it here. :lol: :lol:
Shiloh Indoor Shooting Range NOW OPEN!
12703 Shiloh Church Rd Houston,TX 77066
(281)520-1038 EVERYONE welcome!
http://www.shilohshooting.com
Reasonably priced ammo, great target selection!

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

You have built it. I will come. :grin:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

308nato

Post by 308nato »

Glad to here you are finally able to open see you Sat morning.

Bill

Post by Bill »

Mac Truck wrote:
Bill wrote:
Mac Truck wrote:

Well, Bill.... :lol: :lol: have you looked into the price of building an indoor range from scratch and paying the electric bill on the lights, a/c, and filtration system lately?

Top Gun charges full price for all shooters if I'm not mistaken. I know 59Range is cheaper, and they're great guys over there. More power to 'em. Memorial Oaks is a very clean establishment with extremely friendly folks that own it. It is also located on a parcel of land that happens to have very high property tax/value. As much as I'd love to just invite everyone over to my backyard and shoot ourselves deaf, we are in business to try to be profitable. We have a TON of money invested into this place that we need to show a return on as soon as humanly possible. We have some perks that we are very proud of as well, such as offering competitively priced ammo. ITS NOT THE CHEAPEST, but it won't make your sphincter pucker at the sound of cash register, either.

Besides that, now that we are done with the downstairs lanes, we need some revenue to come in to help fund the 3-D Shoothouse upstairs!! (looking like it will be frangibles only up there due to the weight of the steel needed to bulletproof the walls.)

Look at this way, for $1 more than Memorial Oaks, you get a free Diet Dr. Pepper and cheaper ammo if you are forced to buy it here. :lol: :lol:
you have every right to charge what you think you need to be profitable, but sometimes you make more by charging less, not always, but Walmart, Costco, Sams, Lowes, Target, post some pretty descent profits :smile: I will still come by for the DP
retired CHL Instructor

T3hK1w1

Post by T3hK1w1 »

This is the first weekend in a month I have been home to Houston, I guess I will have to take the Makarov over there tommorrow :grin:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”