Do you ride a motorcycle, what kind and how do you carry

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TexasFlash
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Do you ride a motorcycle, what kind and how do you carry

Post by TexasFlash »

I ride a 2009 Harley Ultra Classic, always owb. Since open carry became legal, I've carried that way with no problems (it's been nice being able to tuck my shirt in for a change while on the bike). Most of my riding has been on the great farm and ranch roads around the hill country and there have been no problems at all. I did have a sheriff pull out behind me once while OC (he was on my gun side, side of the road) and followed me from Medina to Bandera; probably just a coincidence...I pulled off and he kept on.
Ride safe and carry on!
Dave
:txflag:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Mid-90's BMW R1100 these days, after trading in my Kawi 1200. Gave up >60hp but no regrets.
I usually carry in the tank bag, but occasionally get the urge to play Sonny Crockett and wear a shoulder rig.
Never did like carrying IWB on the bike and I don't OC intentionally.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

I had a Kawasaki Vulcan 750 for several years until I sold it due to divorce. This was about the same time I got my then CHL. I never did get to carry while riding my bike. (Didn't want to have off body in saddle bags or anything) Would like to get another bike, but age and health (also lack of money :biggrinjester: ) are stopping me. Maybe at some point, hmmm....
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

1970 FL - Right back pocket, Sig P238. No it doesn't make my.. me sore.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 »

I have seen may comments similar to "Carry will be the same as everywhere else". That sums up my conclusion. I've put considerable thought and time into deciding on my carry method and selecting gear. I have selected the method that works best for me in almost all situations ... including riding.

However, SWMBO says I cannot wear my pistol at 3 o'clock when driving her car, lest I mar the leather sets. So I easily detach the Safariland ALS holster from its Quick Lock System mount and safely and conveniently stow the holstered pistol without manipulating it or removing my belt.

Same pistol, carried the same way 99.9% of the time. One method of handling the gun. I hope y'all can arrive at a system that works as well for you as mine does for me.

Be safe, carry, and ride.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

talltex

Post by talltex »

Either Kawasaki Concours or Triumph Trophy 1200 and rarely carry on short 1-2 hour rides out in the country on nice backroads with some tight curves and some long sweepers to really lean into at speed. On longer day trip stuff usually in shoulder rig or OWB in cool weather with a jacket. Warm weather in tee shirt and jeans just put it in side case.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Return to “Off-Topic”