After you got your PIN, how long did it take?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
exi
Posts in topic: 4

Post by exi »

Well, they've had a completed application for about 35 days; seeing as how most people have been saying they've been somewhat "fast" recently, hopefully I won't be staring at "Processing Application" much longer. :D

Topic author
exi
Posts in topic: 4

Post by exi »

Heh, that's a pleasant surprise - ~36 days it is for me. "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" :lol:

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Good deal there muh man...

I bet there's an envelope waiting for you Monday afternoon in yer mailbox...

There better be... :lol:

Let us know when you do actually get it...That will help us better know how long it takes for them to lick a stamp...

But wouldn't it be cool to get it tomorrow...Wishful thinkun', I know...

Bad Steve! Baaddd Steve!!!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

j1132s
Posts in topic: 1

Post by j1132s »

exi wrote:Heh, that's a pleasant surprise - ~36 days it is for me. "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" :lol:
Wow, congrats! I think mine took about ~50 days from time I sent in the application and time I got the CHL in the mail box.

John
Posts in topic: 8

Mailed today

Post by John »

I mailed my renewal application today, so we'll see how long it takes. As a control test, I mail my Utah "new" application today as well. Any bets on which one comes in first? :P
JohnC

John

Re: Mailed today

Post by John »

John wrote:I mailed my renewal application today, so we'll see how long it takes. As a control test, I mail my Utah "new" application today as well. Any bets on which one comes in first? :P
OK... Renewal Application Packet for TX and New APP for UTAH mailed on November 18. Nov. 25, the UT charge shows up on my credit card so i know they got it. December 5 and the Texas Online system still shows "Application Packet Mailed to Applicant". Do that ever update the online status to "Application Recieved"?
JohnC

John

Post by John »

John wrote:
John wrote:I mailed my renewal application today, so we'll see how long it takes. As a control test, I mail my Utah "new" application today as well. Any bets on which one comes in first? :P
OK... Renewal Application Packet for TX and New APP for UTAH mailed on November 18. Nov. 25, the UT charge shows up on my credit card so i know they got it. December 5 and the Texas Online system still shows "Application Packet Mailed to Applicant". Do that ever update the online status to "Application Recieved"?
Probably should have started a new thread, but I received my Utah permit in the mail today. That's twenty calendars days for UTAH and still no acknowledgement on the Texas web site they've received my packet. :?
JohnC

brewer90

Post by brewer90 »

They received my packet on 10/12 and my status still shows processing application. I guess I'll be giving them a call on Monday since that is T+60.

Well I called this morning and was told my application is still waiting for a background check to be returned. I live in Travis County so I guess that is where the backlog is. She said to call back in two weeks if the status has not changed. I'm disappointed since I'm seeing other apps get approved in the mid-40 day range and I'm guessing mine will extend into the 80s.
Last edited by brewer90 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

comsec

Latest DPS Throughput

Post by comsec »

Applied online on 11 SEP 05

Received packet & PIN on 25 SEP 05

DPS received application packet on 22 OCT 05

Application status changed to Processing Application on 11 NOV 05

Application Status changed to Application COmpleted - license issues or certificate active on 6 DEC 05

Received CHL by snail mail today - 9 DEC 05
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

49 days of eternal waiting from their custody of my paperwork to my custody of the CHL!

I wonder if they pull you fingerprint card when they get the packet, send to FBI, and then change processing status to Processing Application when they get the check back from the FBI?

This is a great site and source of information Charles, et al.

comsec

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

John wrote:
John wrote: December 5 and the Texas Online system still shows "Application Packet Mailed to Applicant". Do that ever update the online status to "Application Recieved"?

This is what I was wondering as well.

Mine still shows "Renewal application mailed". I used delivery confirmation, so I know they have it. But I still get the message above after nearly a month has gone by. Oh well, patience is a virtue.

John

Post by John »

John wrote:
Alright... according to the website, my renewal license was mailed today. So the complete packet was mailed on November 18 and the license was completed and mailed today, January 13, from the DPS. That's what 56 days? By the time i get it in the mail, it will be a full 60 from door to door.

----edit-----
Re-checked and the web site says "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" I guess this means it was mailed, but who knows.
JohnC

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KBCraig »

John wrote:Re-checked and the web site says "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" I guess this means it was mailed, but who knows.
Yes, who knows?

You're now in the twilight zone: you're licensed, but you don't have a license, so you can't legally carry (aside from car carry, if you want to go that route).

If you have a LEO encounter during this time, it wouldn't be a bad idea to let him know your status while handing over your DL. It will save him the trouble of asking if you're armed, and/or why you didn't present your CHL, because he's going to see that you've been issued a CHL just as soon as he runs your info.

Kevin

John

Post by John »

KBCraig wrote:
John wrote:Re-checked and the web site says "Application Completed - license issued or certificate active" I guess this means it was mailed, but who knows.
Yes, who knows?

You're now in the twilight zone: you're licensed, but you don't have a license, so you can't legally carry
oh no, i'm still good because it is a renewal. My old one is still valid :grin:
JohnC

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KBCraig »

ooops, nevermind. :grin:

bauerdj

Post by bauerdj »

What is the EARLIEST you can start the renewal process? Can I request the renewal packet 6 months ahead of expiration? If so do I loose time or does the effective date of the renewal date from the expiration of the previous license. Of course this will probably all change by the time I am due to renew - I still have four years to go![/list][/code]

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”