Bad guys know law says it's ok to carry in your vehicle.

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

LedJedi
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LedJedi »

oh man, i would be HOT!

There are lots of anti-theft storage options. I dont have one at the moment, but i do lock it in the glove box. I know they can get in there if they really want, but they can also get into a mobile gun safe if they really want. I just don't plan on making it any more convenient for them than I can.

Plenty of mobile gun safe options are out there though:

Google Search

drinks

Post by drinks »

Not that safe, but until I can find a console safe I like, I keep a Whataburger carton in my little wastebasket and when I really cannot take the puny plastic popgun with me, I put it in the carton and put it in the wastebasket. ;-)
NRA, TSRA, CCRKBA, SAF, JPFO, Def-Con, GOA and CBA.

dpatterson
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dpatterson »

Indy5000 wrote:I looked at these at the gun show a few months ago.
http://www.advancedpistolsafes.com
Indy... I have searched and searched for console safes like the ones you found. Thanks!!! I think I am going to get one of them for my Truck.

Daniel
If Guns kill people, my keyboard mispells words.....

Indy5000
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Indy5000 »

dpatterson,

I'm glad to help. I spoke to the vendor and he does all the work himself. He can even do some custom stuff if you know what you need. I plan to get one if I start traveling in my truck again.

rcyclist68

Post by rcyclist68 »

dpatterson wrote:Does anyone have or know about these?

http://015e4e8.netsolstores.com/console ... 42007.aspx
I have one in my F150. It is very well made and roomy. I have a small letter rack from an office supply store inside it. The rack holds two magazines, my XD45 compact, radar detector w/ room around it to spare. I did lose the use of my change holder molded on inside of console so I bought one that fits in rear cupholder and holds more change anyway.
Mailed packet 2/14/07
Return receipt returned 2/20/07
Received PIN 3/13/07
Received License 4/26/07
XD 45 Compact w/ C.T.A.C. holster

TEX

Post by TEX »

The Katy Cinemark is not posted, but the Katy Mills Mall Cinema is. Perhaps that Glock should have been on your hip my friend. Sorry to hear about your loss and even more sorry that a handgun may be floating around in Katy likely in the wrong hands. We frequent that theater and always try to park as front and center as we can. Never on the sides.

There are always 1 or 2 cops at the Katy Cinemark in the evenings, but I have NEVER seen them outside. If you find out that there have been a number of break-ins in that particular parking lot and the property owners were aware of it and took no steps to provide additional security measures, they may be liable. They will tell you they are not, but it is a bluff. Find out who their insurance company is and file claim with them yourself and include a letter stating that you will file a small claims suit if they don't cover the loss. You may or may not win, but most busness will take the cheaper way out and that would be to cover your loss.

A measure that I sometimes take when a place is posted and I am uneasy about a possible break-in in the parking lot, is to seperate the frame and slide assemblies and hide them in different areas of the vehicle, or take the slide with me. Only the frame is technically a firearm, so this is legal. Usually when someone breaks into a vehicle, they know they are under the clock. The first places they look for goodies is the glove box, center console, and then under the front seats. Many years ago I had a vehicle broken into. Icame out to find the window broken and the glove box open. Some tapes, change and sunglasses were taken. A pistol I had in a zipper pouch lying under a small blanket on the back seat was untouched. Go figure.

I don't think a change in the law about carrying in your vehicle had anything to do with this. Here in Texas, even before the CHL law, if randomly checked vehicles in a parking lot, probably near 25% would have had a firearm.

I am curious. Was there anything about your vehicle that would have led a theif to believe you had a firearm in it?

TEX
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”