Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by mojo84 »

dale blanker wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
Remember Watergate in '72? Well, here we go again... what did the president know and when did he know it? :banghead:
Gee I said that was 2 weeks ago and I thought I was kind of kidding... but after Flynn, now there's Sessions with a memory problem, Danafort with an answering problem, Ross with a bank association problem, Kushner with a meeting problem... drip, drip, drip...it looks like maybe we'll be seeing a tax return after all.
And what happened to the revised executive order on immigration/refugees?
Where were you when candidate Obama was exposed colluding with a Russian official?

All of this gotcha politics the left is focusing on does nothing to help the country. It only makes our country vulnerable. It's time to get past the pettiness and stop being petulant children that are putting party over country.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Liberty wrote:
Skiprr wrote:
Liberty wrote:I don't care about his barrage of attacks. I just care about his actions and accomplishments. 2nd amendment is the more important to me and many others. If he can't get the job done maybe we can find a real 2nd amendment President....
OMG, seriously?

Let's see, Donald Trump was sworn in on January 20. He still doesn't have his full cabinet. The dem's--and resultant lamestream media--antagonism against this President is like nothing ever seen before. He's worked harder in his first 42 days (and eight of those were Sundays) than Barack Obama did in his first year. The Dow is up over 10%, hitting all-time record highs multiple times since the election (checked your IRA?). He meets almost every morning with the people who can generate the most job and economic growth in this country, the CEOs of major corporations. He plans historic tax-cuts for wager-earners and U.S. corporations. He plans to reduce unnecessary federal regulation so that U.S. companies can become competitive again. He plans to put this economy on steroids. He plans to restore the United States Military to superpower status.

I spoke yesterday to an executive at a large oil & gas company who has been staunchly democrat for as long as I've known him. He has a signed letter from Bill Clinton on his office wall. He said, "I still distrust Trump. But he's pro-business, pro-economy. If he keeps that promise, I'll come around."

Yet, Liberty, you're most ticked off that he hasn't yet allowed you to carry in Post Offices and on ACOE land?

Both those issues are written into Federal law. The President of the United States has latitude, but the Executive branch cannot, with a swipe of a pen, rescind a law already on the books.

That's the job of Congress; why our Republic has checks-and-balances to separate powers.
As I understand it the ban by the Army Corp of Engineers and Post office are rules, that were made by the the Army and Post office itself. He can change those rules. He can determine what will be enforced. His AG can determine what will be prosecuted. We can like a lot of the things that he has done, but he still hasn't done a thing for us gunowners.
Like your executive friend, I distrust Trump a lifelong self-serving Democrat, but I will come around if actually improves the condition of the 2nd amendment. Until then I refuse to worship at the Trump altar. We can find Fault with Obama, and we can easily make the case that he was one of the most terrible President ever, but he at least gave us the National parks (OK he was reluctant). Just because he may be better than Hillary doesn't make him wonderful. Time will be his real test, but so far he has shown me nothing about his true desire to improve our rights.
If we are willing to give him a pass on these promises then we have lost our war on the second amendment. The day he actually takes action to support our rights is the day I'll be convinced that he is better than recent Republican Presidents. Fortunately, it looks like the Republicans in Congress have finally got the message. and have put forth the Hearing Protection Act and the Reciprocity Act. We have a short window where we have the power, our leaders need to move quickly while we still have control. I have a long memory and remember the Bush's support of gun control and things like the assault weapons ban. Maybe Trump will be better, I just hope he proves it.

Guess you missed the fact that on his first full day in office, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke issued an order Thursday reversing a last-minute action by the Obama administration to ban lead ammunition and fish tackle used on national wildlife refuges.

http://fxn.ws/2mMNwfF
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

mojo84 wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
Remember Watergate in '72? Well, here we go again... what did the president know and when did he know it? :banghead:
Gee I said that was 2 weeks ago and I thought I was kind of kidding... but after Flynn, now there's Sessions with a memory problem, Danafort with an answering problem, Ross with a bank association problem, Kushner with a meeting problem... drip, drip, drip...it looks like maybe we'll be seeing a tax return after all.
Where were you when candidate Obama was exposed colluding with a Russian official?

All of this gotcha politics the left is focusing on does nothing to help the country. It only makes our country vulnerable. It's time to get past the pettiness and stop being petulant children that are putting party over country.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Liberty
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Liberty »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Guess you missed the fact that on his first full day in office, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke issued an order Thursday reversing a last-minute action by the Obama administration to ban lead ammunition and fish tackle used on national wildlife refuges.

Not really, It's a nice thing he did but it was more about hunting and fishing than about the right to bear arms, the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting and fishing rights. It's about the right to protect ourselves.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Liberty wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote: Guess you missed the fact that on his first full day in office, Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke issued an order Thursday reversing a last-minute action by the Obama administration to ban lead ammunition and fish tackle used on national wildlife refuges.

Not really, It's a nice thing he did but it was more about hunting and fishing than about the right to bear arms, the 2nd Amendment is not about hunting and fishing rights. It's about the right to protect ourselves.
Of course. None the less the action provides clear movement and support of the direction that we all seek!
It starts with having an overall mission and strategy that acknowledges that the individual rights given to us by God and acknowledged in our Constitution will be upheld according to the rule of law. This action by Zinke is likely only the beginning.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

The Trump haters are going to fall in line with the subversive activities of the left lead by Obama and the country will pay dire consequences. All of this give me what I want and give it to me now attitude is childish and detrimental to our country.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... c-mansion/
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 27

Post by RoyGBiv »

Liberty wrote:

http://reason.com/blog/2017/03/01/trump ... ngering-to
Due process protections preserved for those getting Social Security benefits.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Liberty,
Do you really want the executive branch picking and choosing which laws they want to enforce and which ones they do not?

dhoobler
Posts in topic: 30

Post by dhoobler »

dale blanker wrote: Gee I said that was 2 weeks ago and I thought I was kind of kidding... but after Flynn, now there's Sessions with a memory problem, Danafort with an answering problem, Ross with a bank association problem, Kushner with a meeting problem... drip, drip, drip...it looks like maybe we'll be seeing a tax return after all.
Sessions has no memory problem. Claims that he lied about the Russians are taking him out of context. This author did a good job explaining it.
During questioning by Al Franken regarding a fake dossier, Franken asked Sessions if anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government. Sessions said that he had been called a surrogate, but he had not communicated with the Russians. This statement has been taken out of context to smear him because Franken was referring to the campaign’s communication with the Russians. Sessions had contact with a Russian ambassador twice, but it was when he was working in his capacity as a senator, not with the campaign. He is a member of the Armed Services Committee, so this is not unusual. His answer was truthful in the context of the question.
http://beltwaytimes.com/sessions-comments-context/

I do fully understand that facts wil in no way impead your debate.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Too many are determined to bring down the other side instead of doing what is best for the country. Our next civil war isn't going to be north against south, it's going to be left vs right. I'm comfortable with which side of the battle line I find myself.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

Liberty wrote:

To want everything on your single issue agenda within the first month is not realistic. Trump did not run just on 2nd Amendment issues he was going to fix. One month into the Trump administration there are less restrictions on the 2nd Amendment. Should Hearing Protection Act and National Reciprocity reach the President's desk he will most likely sign them both.

Please be positive and support the President and his administration. The swamp in DC is deep, wide and full of dangerous animals who are not going to give up the swamp quietly.

We stand at perhaps the last opportunity in our history to turn this country around without a great and bloody upheaval.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Liberty
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Liberty »

mojo84 wrote:Liberty,
Do you really want the executive branch picking and choosing which laws they want to enforce and which ones they do not?
As I understand it these are rules, and regulations, made by the the Post Office and Army Corp of Engineers, not by the legislative process. They can be removed by the same process and chain of command that created them.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It seems some want Trump to fail so they can say I told you so. Pretty sad adults think this way.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Flightmare »

Liberty wrote:
As I understand it these are rules, and regulations, made by the the Post Office and Army Corp of Engineers, not by the legislative process. They can be removed by the same process and chain of command that created them.
Even if this were simply a matter of issuing an executive order, the next POTUS could rescind such EOs when he/she took office. By passing legislation, it makes it more difficult to undo.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Liberty wrote:
I understand they are rules. I've already said he has other priorities that are more urgent than you being able to check your mail while carrying your gun.

My comment was directed to these comments of yours.
He can determine what will be enforced. His AG can determine what will be prosecuted.
If we do not have a country, it won't matter what the laws say about carrying a gun while checking the mail or fishing on a COE lake. There are bigger more urgent issues at hand at this very moment. That doesn't mean your issue isn't important. It just means it is not the main priority at the moment. It's typically the millenials that demonstrate such selfishness, impatience and entitlement.

Return to “Off-Topic”