Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by mojo84 »

Jusme wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
Jusme wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:
mojo84 wrote:I've been debating with some millennial malcontents on Twitter because they are upset he hasn't completed all of his campaign promises such as build the wall and thinks he is going to renege on them.

I am curious about Pres. Trump's decision to keep Comey. Any thoughts on that for me?
patience daniel son.... Trump has done more in these TWO DAYS than Obama did in his first YEAR.
It appears you misunderstood. That's what I'm telling the millennial malcontents.

Do you have any insight to the quesion I did ask?

The President of Mexico is doing everything but rushing the walls at the,White House to meet with Trump. Millenials expect everything, to happen instantly. There is more than just the last 8 years to overcome. Trump has not done, or said anything to give anyone the impression that he is not dedicated to fulfilling all of his campaign promises. The only ones to postulate that is the left wing media. If the people you are debating, are still getting their info from them, they are a lost cause, and will never catch up.
Yep, I hear what you are saying. I'm saying,the same things.

Do you have an opinion on Trump keeping Comey?
There is no rush to remove him. Comey has any and all info regarding HRC, Putin, and any other ongoing investigations. Comey, may have dropped the ball, or, more than likely had it taken from him, on the HRC server scandal, but he has not done or said anything in conflict with Trump's agenda. Trump can replace him at any time, and it may not be at the top of his to do list.
JMHO

In light of recent developments, anyone still think keeping some of the Obama leadership is a good idea? I am still remain befuddled about Trump keeping Comey. Has the sense of urgency increased?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

stroo
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stroo »

The Democrats are trying to subvert the President's ability to govern.

I have been told by sources I believe that both the State Department and the Justice Department, beyond the Acting AG, did things to subvert the President's immigration executive order.

Even before he was inaugurated, Intelligence officials from the Obama Administration leaked false stories about Trump dealing with the Russians. At the time it was that either Clapper or Brennan leaked. Both of them would have had the same information that put down Flynn. So either or both of them, the former Acting AG Yates and/or others still in the intelligence agencies could have leaked this.

Then there is the Democrat Senators actions to prevent the President's cabinet nominations from going forward.

There were a lot of last minute hiring of people by the Obama administration to nonpolitical jobs throughout the bureaucracy.

There are the demonstrations with blackshirts at their core that have been financed by Soros.

Taken in total, we are seeing an attempt to conduct a slow motion coup against the President.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Hope this is real news. Haven't done any research to verify it.

http://therightscoop.com/trumps-irs-jus ... e-mandate/

Gist- No more madatory reporting of healthcare coverage when filing tax return.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Skiprr »

Gorsuch hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee set this morning for March 20. I'll be tuning in for that.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1539

Post by philip964 »

Trump apparently gave an "eat the press" press conference today. Apparently it was very entertaining and lasted an hour and a half. Conservative radio so far has just loved it. The snips I have heard have all been pretty good.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Skiprr wrote:Gorsuch hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee set this morning for March 20. I'll be tuning in for that.
Dang, a full month before the ball can really start rolling?
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1539

Post by philip964 »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02 ... ebris.html

Trump overturns bill on coal mining debris.

Apparently coal miners will be able to dump coal mining debris into streams now.

Sorry doesn't on the surface sound like a good idea.

Anyone know more?

This is a Fox News story, not one from the Sierra Club.

Trump needs to be careful.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Liberty »

philip964 wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02 ... ebris.html

Trump overturns bill on coal mining debris.

Apparently coal miners will be able to dump coal mining debris into streams now.

Sorry doesn't on the surface sound like a good idea.

Anyone know more?

This is a Fox News story, not one from the Sierra Club.

Trump needs to be careful.
Politics is a lot about identity. Those who like him will never see him do harm. To everyone else there is evil in all he does.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I do not know much about it. I've seen a couple of comments saying the rule only went into effect in January. There are still many EPA and other laws, rules and regulations still in place.

I don't believe it's an open authorization to dump toxic material in and pollute the environment.

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 37

Post by 2farnorth »

mojo84 wrote: .....snip...' .

I don't believe it's an open authorization to dump toxic material in and pollute the environment.
You can be sure the msm will report it as a terrible atrocity :roll:
N5PNZ

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Trivia of the morning: Only because I was browsing around and looking at available domain names last night, I couldn't help but think about the POTUS news conference yesterday. So you know I had to check VeryFakeNews.com.

It was registered just before Christmas by a guy in Latvia. Go figure.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

philip964 wrote:This is a Fox News story, not one from the Sierra Club.
You are incorrect sir. This is an Associated Press story published on the Fox News website. Unfortunately, Fox News publishes many stories written by left leaning organizations/reporters like Associated Press and Reuters, so you always have to note where the story came from.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Regarding the reversal of the "Stream Protection Rule" (SPR) that the Obama administration pushed through on December 19, 2016, a small bit of Google gymnastics and much more reading seems to be required to get to the bottom of it (pun intended). Here's a link to a Google search that might be useful.

Of interest is that the SPR, when enacted on December 19, was to take effect in 30 days, as of January 19. Yep: one day before Donald Trump put his hand on the Bible and took the oath of office. And that (see below) it was overturned at record speed by bipartisan vote in both the House (with 71 cosponsors) and Senate two weeks before President Trump put his signature on it while coal miners and coal company executives visited the White House.

Doesn't quite jive with the implication of the AP headline "Trump Overturns Bill on Coal Mining Debris" does it? Never mind that it was never a "bill" and that Congress voted to overturn it. Ah, the New Journalism. :banghead:

From what I can tell, the Stream Protection Rule (SPR) in it's present form was drafted in July 2015; evidently some version of it has been floating around (another pun intended) in some form or other for many years, promoted by environmentalist groups. There was push-back even in Obama's administration: the Department of the Interior stated outright that it would cause job losses, and the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement said it would cost the coal industry over $52 million in new compliance costs. U.S. Rep. Morgan Griffith (R-Virginia) said that 78,000 mining jobs could be lost as a result of the SPR. West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania are (were) most affected by the SPR. Griffith said he and others in Congress would work to see the rule overturned.
U.S. Rep. Morgan Griffith (R-Virginia) wrote:I will continue to fight this rule with every tool available, including, but not limited to, filing a Congressional Review Act [CRA] resolution. This rule is so unpopular that there will probably be many in Congress who will wish to lead this CRA resolution, and I will either join with other members to file a resolution or I will file it myself.
The CRA lets Congress overturn rules issued by federal agencies. After a rule is finalized, Congress has a limited period of time to pass a joint resolution to prevent the law from taking effect. Evidently the CRA was last used in 2001.
[url=http://www.eenews.net/stories/1060047395]E&E News[/url] (Energy & Environmental) wrote:Industry has sharply criticized the science and justification for the rulemaking, arguing it is a drastic overreach of OSMRE [Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement] authority that encroaches on the jurisdiction of other federal laws.

Environmentalists say the rule does not go far enough, but coal mining states are nearly unified in blasting OSMRE's handling of the rulemaking.

Most states have withdrawn from cooperative agreements to work on the rule with OSMRE over complaints of being kept in the dark.

Congressional Republicans are already planning to strike down the new coal mining standards via the Congressional Review Act.
The SPR affects (affected) over 6,000 miles of streams and over 52,000 acres of forested area. It requires companies to restore streams, to replant native trees, to return mined areas to conditions as they were before mining took place, and to maintain a buffer zone that blocks coal mining within 100 feet of any stream.

The complete (and very long) text of the SPR can be found here: https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... ction-rule. That is, until/if the Federal Register takes it down.

But here's the deal. For all that the lamestream media tried to do to make it look as if shutting down the SPR was a POTUS executive order, that he acted unilaterally and without Congress...he did not.

The CRA to overturn the Stream Protection Rule was properly engaged and presented as House Joint Resolution 38 of the 115th Congress on January 30. It passed the House without amendment on February 1. It passed the Senate without amendment on February 2. It was presented to President Trump on February 6.

POTUS chose to sign the measure yesterday when he had coal miners and coal company executives--as well as some lawmakers from the most-affected states--at the White House.

Nowhere in the AP article, or in many of the lamestream articles that I looked it, was there ever any mention whatsoever that the CRA had bipartisan approval in both the House and Senate in the span of just three days, and that it did so two weeks before President Trump signed it. Instead, the media is spinning it as a heavy-handed, environmentally-destructive executive order that Trump somehow simply pulled out of his hat.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Great work Skippr. Just further evidence we cannot take the lamestream press at face value.

We also need to read everything with a critical eye and use a high level of discernment when forming opinions based upon news articles. There is a media driven coup in the works and the intel community is helping them.

I noticed an article today by the AP about a memo regarding using the National Guard to round up illegals and deport them. We should all apply some critical logic and discernment before jumping to any conclusions or accepting it on face value.

Return to “Off-Topic”