Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by Jusme »

vjallen75 wrote:
Mxrdad wrote:I agree with both of you. And I think its a safe bet that a career politician, that has never been in the business world, has no clue how to take him. Politicians are so used to taking their time, where the majority of business owners don't have that luxury and don't want to wait around. They want, and expect results. The ones opposing him may want to buckle up for this ride.

For the life of me, I do not understand why any American doesn't want to have a good solid vetting process. Why not give him a chance? He just might get a very good system in place that will cut down on the wait time in the future. Wouldn't that be a win-win?
From what I've read on Facebook (the best news source ever [sarcasm off]) people see it as racist because it's a "Muslim Ban." I really don't understand it either, even a friend of mine who happens to be Muslim is against being vetted. All people hear is that the media says it's bad so they assume it must be bad. I would feel much safer if people were checked out before they just came here as refugees. I am all for helping out others when we can, I am sure others here are as well, but you have to come the right way. There is a reason why people risk life and limb to get to the US, but do so legally and by being vetted.

A Muslim ban would include Indonesia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, and several other Muslim countries. This has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with countries known to sponsor terrorism, and their inability to vett the people leaving their country to come here. There were no cries from the left when Obama or even Carter did the same thing. This is just a "Trump lash"
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 3

Post by vjallen75 »

Jusme wrote:A Muslim ban would include Indonesia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, and several other Muslim countries. This has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with countries known to sponsor terrorism, and their inability to vett the people leaving their country to come here. There were no cries from the left when Obama or even Carter did the same thing. This is just a "Trump lash"
:iagree: A friend called it hate towards Islam, and it has nothing to do with their religion.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

thatguyoverthere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by thatguyoverthere »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01 ... works.html
“The seven countries named in the Executive Order are the same countries previously identified by the Obama administration as sources of terror,” Trump said in a statement on Sunday. “To be clear, this is not a Muslim ban, as the media is falsely reporting. This is not about religion -- this is about terror and keeping our country safe,” noting that there are at least 40 countries that are predominantly Muslim that “are not affected” by the order. (emphasis mine)
“It is deeply irresponsible to characterize this Executive Order as a ‘Muslim ban’ -- it is not,” Chairman of House Homeland Security Committee Michael McCaul, R-Texas, told Fox News. “The order puts a pause on refugee admissions and temporarily halts immigration from seven countries, each of which was already designated by the Obama administration as an area of terror concern.” (emphasis mine)
So why all the protests? My opinion, these protesters are either honestly misinformed or are intentionally disregarding the truth. And I'm heavily leaning towards one of those over the other.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

They are bussed in and paid. Saw somewhere Muslim Brotherhood is organizing the protests. Will see if I can locate the article.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Beiruty »

rotor wrote:
Beiruty wrote: Assad the father and the son, both are true Dictators of the 21st Century. Believe me you will never want to living under Assad Regime, unless you are one of their thugs and criminals.
You are correct but Assad is not trying to flee to our country. My point in bringing up that there are only 9 Jews left in Syria is that these people may not be that great to let in here. Bad enough we let Nazi's come in after WWII but these people have proven their anti-Semitic and anti-Christian behavior in the past, they actually are the present ISIS and do we really need a bunch of anti-Christian and anti-Jews coming in here? We have no legal obligation to bring them in. It is terrible seeing their children in the videos that the media portrays but is it a benefit to us to let them in? Aren't their children also doing the beheadings of Christians ( No Jews are left)? Perhaps Saudi Arabia will open their doors-ha. I personally support Trumps ban and it is one of the themes of his election.
Small History Lesson 101: after the declaration of the Sate of Israel, not a single Jew was forced to leave any Arab or Muslim Country. As a matter of fact, the State of Israel, was offering immediate Citizenship for any Jew worldwide with 0 time residency requirement in the disputed land of Palestine. In addition, hundreds thousands of Jews from the Arab countries were transported to the declared stated with all costs paid.

In addition, till date there are hundred thousands of Jews still living in Arab countries such as Morocco or elsewhere in the Arab and the Muslim world. I do still remember in the neighborhood where I grew up we had Jewish cemetery, and till date there are hundreds of Jewish Lebanese Citizens who never wanted to immigrate to declared state of Israel.

Today: Beirut's Maghen-Avraham Synagogue:

Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

What about all the other synagogues in Lebanon? How many Are there? How many Jews live in Lebanon? Are the Jews allowed to live anywhere in Lebanon or are they required to live in certain areas or districts? Are they free to come and go unfettered or without any vetting?

Some more interesting history. Lebanon has not conducted census since 1932. It also appears there is very little information maintained on their citizens and they really do not know who is there and who isn't.
Last edited by mojo84 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rotor
Posts in topic: 68

Post by rotor »

Beiruty wrote:
rotor wrote:
Beiruty wrote: Assad the father and the son, both are true Dictators of the 21st Century. Believe me you will never want to living under Assad Regime, unless you are one of their thugs and criminals.
You are correct but Assad is not trying to flee to our country. My point in bringing up that there are only 9 Jews left in Syria is that these people may not be that great to let in here. Bad enough we let Nazi's come in after WWII but these people have proven their anti-Semitic and anti-Christian behavior in the past, they actually are the present ISIS and do we really need a bunch of anti-Christian and anti-Jews coming in here? We have no legal obligation to bring them in. It is terrible seeing their children in the videos that the media portrays but is it a benefit to us to let them in? Aren't their children also doing the beheadings of Christians ( No Jews are left)? Perhaps Saudi Arabia will open their doors-ha. I personally support Trumps ban and it is one of the themes of his election.
Small History Lesson 101: after the declaration of the Sate of Israel, not a single Jew was forced to leave any Arab or Muslim Country. As a matter of fact, the State of Israel, was offering immediate Citizenship for any Jew worldwide with 0 time residency requirement in the disputed land of Palestine. In addition, hundreds thousands of Jews from the Arab countries were transported to the declared stated with all costs paid.

In addition, till date there are hundred thousands of Jews still living in Arab countries such as Morocco or elsewhere in the Arab and the Muslim world. I do still remember in the neighborhood where I grew up we had Jewish cemetery, and till date there are hundreds of Jewish Lebanese Citizens who never wanted to immigrate to declared state of Israel.

Today: Beirut's Maghen-Avraham Synagogue:

Countries like Syria actually refused to let Jews leave. No matter how it is portrayed, Jews and Christians are not really welcomed in Muslim countries. Specifically in Syria, I see no open welcome to Jews or Christians and in our lifetime I don't know that they were welcome in Syria. Perhaps in biblical times they got along but not in recent history. Therefore, I see no reason to let that population with those prejudices into our country and I would not have let ex-Nazi's in either.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 53

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Trump fires acting attorney general Sally Yates for refusing to defend executive order on immigration.
It's going to be a wild ride.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

parabelum
Posts in topic: 37

Post by parabelum »

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

What kind of moron couldn't see that coming? :banghead:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Mxrdad »

Pawpaw wrote:
What kind of moron couldn't see that coming? :banghead:
Left Wing Liberals?

I'm not sure if Sally Yates saw it coming, at least not this fast. Dunno. Chuck will be on MSM showing more alligator tears here shortly.
Just some guy's opinion.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 91

Post by TreyHouston »

Ya, not like he said this everyday on the campaign trail. I like, buried in the middle, 56% of Americans agree and 1/3 disagree....
What about Obamas ban on iraq for 6 months and his permanent ban on Cubans (signed 2 weeks ago). No outrage there?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

Mxrdad wrote:
Jusme wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:You know, there is a point where you realize that certain folks will never be pleased with you, regardless of what you do. So the logical thing is to just stop worrying about whether you upset them. I think Trump made this realization a long time ago.
He is not like other politicians, he said what he would do, despite criticism, and now he's doing it, because he knows that informed people aren't listening to MSM, or the screaming snowflakes.
I agree with both of you. And I think its a safe bet that a career politician, that has never been in the business world, has no clue how to take him. Politicians are so used to taking their time, where the majority of business owners don't have that luxury and don't want to wait around. They want, and expect results. The ones opposing him may want to buckle up for this ride.

For the life of me, I do not understand why any American doesn't want to have a good solid vetting process. Why not give him a chance? He just might get a very good system in place that will cut down on the wait time in the future. Wouldn't that be a win-win?
Yes, but in politics it's more important to be right than quick. We've seen a number of reversals and chaos in the first few days that gives the impression things are not being well thought and organzied. Learning by trial and error can have a much further reaching effect in politics.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

XinTX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by XinTX »

mojo84 wrote:I hear there's been a run on crayons, coloring books and play-doh.
And don't forget cocoa

“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

dale blanker wrote: Yes, but in politics it's more important to be right than quick. We've seen a number of reversals and chaos in the first few days that gives the impression things are not being well thought and organzied. Learning by trial and error can have a much further reaching effect in politics.
Can you give us some specific examples?

Return to “Off-Topic”