Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 16

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by Beiruty »

parabelum wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
rotor wrote:As we debate the poor people of Syria we have to also wonder why the Christian population has to be protected by Assad and the Jewish population has dropped to a believed number of only 9 people. Most of the Jews have left Syria years ago and I am sure the Christians would like out also. Why are there only 9 Jews in Syria? Perhaps because these wonderful people that we feel so sorry for would kill their Jewish and Christian neighbors if they could. This is not an anti-Muslim post but just speaks to the reality of how non-Muslims have been treated in some Muslim countries.
I have no problem with Trump's ban on certain populations.
Christians have always been protected by minority ruling Assad regime. less than 12% were ruling the other 78%.

Wonder why previous true fascist regime was working so hard to help the "rebels" overthrow one leader who has been protecting Syrian Christians....
Assad the father and the son, both are true Dictators of the 21st Century. Believe me you will never want to living under Assad Regime, unless you are one of their thugs and criminals.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

Just saw on Fox news that Trump has negotiated a cost reduction with Lockheed of $600 million dollars on the F-35, he is meeting with small business owners now to detail his plans for reducing taxes, reducing regulations, etc. He met with big business leaders over the weekend as well as union, and labor representatives.
Guess he doesn't need to play as much golf as other POTUS have done. :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Flightmare »

Jusme wrote:Just saw on Fox news that Trump has negotiated a cost reduction with Lockheed of $600 million dollars on the F-35, he is meeting with small business owners now to detail his plans for reducing taxes, reducing regulations, etc. He met with big business leaders over the weekend as well as union, and labor representatives.
Guess he doesn't need to play as much golf as other POTUS have done. :mrgreen:
Trump builds the golf courses. Obama just plays on them. That's the difference between an entrepreneur and an employee or customer. :patriot:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Beiruty »

Vol Texan wrote:One thing I wish would get changed: We need to have passport control to LEAVE this country, not just for entering.

I travel the world over, on a regular basis. I often have ~30 international trips per year. Some are great locations: Singapore, Thailand, Oman, Italy; and others remind you of every Jason Bourne movie you've ever seen: Kazakhstan, Russia, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Nigeria.

One thing that EVERY one of these countries has in common is that you need to check in with immigration and customs whether you're coming or going. That way, they make sure that a person who is in-country temporarily actually leaves when they are supposed to. If that person doesn't leave, at least they're on a list somewhere of people who've overstayed and are subject to removal (or worse).

The US has no idea who overstays their visa, because there is no mechanism for checking when someone leaves. I hope President Trump can implement this at all our international points of entry / exit.
No they do. All travelers on commercial vehicles (air and sea) (exiting US) manifesto are delivered to DHS. So if a name is not on the list, he is still in the ole USA.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

Beiruty wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:One thing I wish would get changed: We need to have passport control to LEAVE this country, not just for entering.

I travel the world over, on a regular basis. I often have ~30 international trips per year. Some are great locations: Singapore, Thailand, Oman, Italy; and others remind you of every Jason Bourne movie you've ever seen: Kazakhstan, Russia, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Nigeria.

One thing that EVERY one of these countries has in common is that you need to check in with immigration and customs whether you're coming or going. That way, they make sure that a person who is in-country temporarily actually leaves when they are supposed to. If that person doesn't leave, at least they're on a list somewhere of people who've overstayed and are subject to removal (or worse).

The US has no idea who overstays their visa, because there is no mechanism for checking when someone leaves. I hope President Trump can implement this at all our international points of entry / exit.
No they do. All travelers on commercial vehicles (air and sea) (exiting US) manifesto are delivered to DHS. So if a name is not on the list, he is still in the ole USA.
I disagree with the contention they know who has overstayed their visas. You can see for yourself straight from the heads of the departments in charge. It's time that we face up to the fact our government doesn't have as good of a handle on ilegal and illegal mmigration as we'd like to think.

https://homeland.house.gov/press/nation ... e-vetting/

Those that decry the need for a wall. Here is a video reminder of just how easy illegal immigration is. Just how good of a job has our government really done with illegal immigration. No visas needed.

http://projectveritas.com/2014/08/11/ja ... ico-to-us/
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1539

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-execut ... iness.html

Day 10 a new executive order to:
Remove two regulations for each new one added.

In addition:
Called Candaian PM Treudeaux to offer his condolences on their terrorist attack after the PM said he would accept everyone we were not accepting.

Supreme Court nominee tomorrow!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

philip964 wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-execut ... iness.html

In addition:
Called Candaian PM Treudeaux to offer his condolences on their terrorist attack after the PM said he would accept everyone we were not accepting.

Man, he still doesn't get the federal employee work ethic. I bet there are federal employee's head spinning trying to keep up.

Many are saying he is moving too quick and recklessly. The problem with that argument is these issues have been problems for years. He showed up ready to get things done.

I'll admit, I had serious reservations about him and so far, I'm glad I was wrong.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rotor
Posts in topic: 68

Post by rotor »

Beiruty wrote: Assad the father and the son, both are true Dictators of the 21st Century. Believe me you will never want to living under Assad Regime, unless you are one of their thugs and criminals.
You are correct but Assad is not trying to flee to our country. My point in bringing up that there are only 9 Jews left in Syria is that these people may not be that great to let in here. Bad enough we let Nazi's come in after WWII but these people have proven their anti-Semitic and anti-Christian behavior in the past, they actually are the present ISIS and do we really need a bunch of anti-Christian and anti-Jews coming in here? We have no legal obligation to bring them in. It is terrible seeing their children in the videos that the media portrays but is it a benefit to us to let them in? Aren't their children also doing the beheadings of Christians ( No Jews are left)? Perhaps Saudi Arabia will open their doors-ha. I personally support Trumps ban and it is one of the themes of his election.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

There are horrible leaders and deplorable conditions in countries all over the world. Many cultures, many religions.
Unfortunately, there just isn't a way to let everyone into the United States. Especially if they have no interest in assimilating into our culture. Come to America, leave your country and its ways behind.

Besides, I keep hearing how hated and despised the United States is - why would anyone want to come here?
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

mojo84 wrote:
philip964 wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-execut ... iness.html

In addition:

Man, he still doesn't get the federal employee work ethic. I bet there are federal employee's head spinning trying to keep up.

Many are saying he is moving too quick and recklessly. The problem with that argument is these issues have been problems for years. He showed up ready to get things done.

I'll admit, I had serious reservations about him and so far, I'm glad I was wrong.

He has the MSM head spinning also, they can't get started complaining about one thing long enough to run it into the ground, before he makes them have to jump on his next action. I'm really enjoying watching him do all of this and make the media chase their tails trying to keep up. Can't wait until the SCOTUS announcement tomorrow, they will have to move away from his travel ban, and start criticizing that. "rlol"

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

You know, there is a point where you realize that certain folks will never be pleased with you, regardless of what you do. So the logical thing is to just stop worrying about whether you upset them. I think Trump made this realization a long time ago.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:You know, there is a point where you realize that certain folks will never be pleased with you, regardless of what you do. So the logical thing is to just stop worrying about whether you upset them. I think Trump made this realization a long time ago.

He is not like other politicians, he said what he would do, despite criticism, and now he's doing it, because he knows that informed people aren't listening to MSM, or the screaming snowflakes.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I hear there's been a run on crayons, coloring books and play-doh. Trump #1 salesman of these items and Obama was #1 gun salesman.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Mxrdad »

Jusme wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:You know, there is a point where you realize that certain folks will never be pleased with you, regardless of what you do. So the logical thing is to just stop worrying about whether you upset them. I think Trump made this realization a long time ago.

He is not like other politicians, he said what he would do, despite criticism, and now he's doing it, because he knows that informed people aren't listening to MSM, or the screaming snowflakes.
I agree with both of you. And I think its a safe bet that a career politician, that has never been in the business world, has no clue how to take him. Politicians are so used to taking their time, where the majority of business owners don't have that luxury and don't want to wait around. They want, and expect results. The ones opposing him may want to buckle up for this ride.

For the life of me, I do not understand why any American doesn't want to have a good solid vetting process. Why not give him a chance? He just might get a very good system in place that will cut down on the wait time in the future. Wouldn't that be a win-win?
Just some guy's opinion.

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 3

Post by vjallen75 »

Mxrdad wrote:I agree with both of you. And I think its a safe bet that a career politician, that has never been in the business world, has no clue how to take him. Politicians are so used to taking their time, where the majority of business owners don't have that luxury and don't want to wait around. They want, and expect results. The ones opposing him may want to buckle up for this ride.

For the life of me, I do not understand why any American doesn't want to have a good solid vetting process. Why not give him a chance? He just might get a very good system in place that will cut down on the wait time in the future. Wouldn't that be a win-win?
From what I've read on Facebook (the best news source ever [sarcasm off]) people see it as racist because it's a "Muslim Ban." I really don't understand it either, even a friend of mine who happens to be Muslim is against being vetted. All people hear is that the media says it's bad so they assume it must be bad. I would feel much safer if people were checked out before they just came here as refugees. I am all for helping out others when we can, I am sure others here are as well, but you have to come the right way. There is a reason why people risk life and limb to get to the US, but do so legally and by being vetted.
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Return to “Off-Topic”