Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote:The press bias is pretty obvious.

A WAPO article comes to the conclusion that Trump didn't ban refugees where he was planning hotels.

Therefore he is protecting his personal business interests implying a conflict of interest.

Yeah Hotels in Yemen, Lybia, Syria Iraq and Iran, just what Trump wants to have.

Iran has retaliated by banning Americans. Yep that spoils all our summer plans.

Yeah a week at a Trump hotel in Somalia, was what my wife and I were counting on. Guess I'll have to see if I can get my tickets refunded. :biggrinjester:

Also putting a 20% tariff on goods from Mexico, will only make companies stay here. But the MSM has never been much on connecting the dots. :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Mxrdad »

philip964 wrote:The press bias is pretty obvious.

A WAPO article comes to the conclusion that Trump didn't ban refugees where he was planning hotels.

Therefore he is protecting his personal business interests implying a conflict of interest.

Yeah Hotels in Yemen, Lybia, Syria Iraq and Iran, just what Trump wants to have.

Iran has retaliated by banning Americans. Yep that spoils all our summer plans.
Sheeeeesh. More like Wacko WAPO. It takes some messed up people to lie like this day in and day out. And such blatant lies at that. Not an exaggeration, not a mistake, just bold face lies. I mean lies to the point where they have to sit around and dream up the new lies. With that strategy, they will never run out of em. :grumble
Just some guy's opinion.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Beiruty »

The stupidity that I see is that Iraq since the 2003 war and after the installed government. Iraq was supposedly a friend of USA. How come no one can travel from Iraq to US. What about those soldiers still there. What about Iraqi Government officials or bushmen working on the behalf of the Iraqi government. ? So, what if Iraq denied entry for any US citizen? What about the Kurdish territories? They are still part of country Iraq till date.

That is nothing compared that the whole measure is unconstitutional as there is a due process to be followed for each individual case.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

Beiruty wrote:The stupidity that I see is that Iraq since the 2003 war and after the installed government. Iraq was supposedly a friend of USA. How come no one can travel from Iraq to US. What about those soldiers still there. What about Iraqi Government officials or bushmen working on the behalf of the Iraqi government. ? So, what if Iraq denied entry for any US citizen? What about the Kurdish territories? They are still part of country Iraq till date.

That is nothing compared that the measure is unconstitutional as there is a due process to be followed for each individual case.
:iagree: Yes, the whole immigration thing seems to ignore history (where have the real threats come from?) and how (what exceptions if any) and logic (what harm might be caused). I fear that the president is so anxious to fulfill campaign promises that not enough thought is being given. There seems to be too much emphasis on speed and photo-ops.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

Propper vetting of immigrants is constitutional. Vetting and verifying is due process. We can't trust Obama's administration properly vetted immigrants. This is not an indictment of all people from these countries.

Don't believe the media. I suspect this effects far fewer than they portray. Liberals just love to have a cause to rally around. They are masters at overblowing issues.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 37

Post by parabelum »

This is a temporary moratorium, 4 months I believe, to ensure that proper vetting is put in place. To those who oppose, sorry, we won and you lost. Elections have consequences. We've got to get this train back on right track after that monster who allowed almost absolute invasion of this Nation.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

mojo84 wrote:Propper vetting of immigrants is constitutional. Vetting and verifying is due process. We can't trust Obama's administration properly vetted immigrants. This is not an indictment of all people from these countries.

Don't believe the media. I suspect this effects far fewer than they portray. Liberals just love to have a cause to rally around. They are masters at overblowing issues.
I was in your boat until people with green cards were detained or denied entry at airports.
Properly vetting process under any administration is valid and legal. We are living in in the land of law, not favoritism. One cannot get a permanent residency in US so easily, it takes more than 2-yrs.
Beiruty,

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I'm aware of all of that. I'm also aware the EO puts a temporary hold on immigration and non-citizen immigrants returning. These folks may or may not have been vetted properly. He isn't permanently denying entry. Just allowing time to show "favoritism" to those that do not want to do harm to our country. Aren't green cards conditional.

He is going to make some decisions we do not agree with 100%. However, he is doing what he thinks best to protect our country. Those that supported him so vigorously dying the campaign shouldn't be surprised. He said he would do such as this.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 37

Post by parabelum »

If you're not familiar with what prior generations of immigrants had to go through to come and stay here, look up Ellis Island. Look at Irish, German and Slavic migrants.

We need order here. This is from generation zero legal immigrant.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

As for those who have valid VISAs and GC, now they got reprieve from a Federal Judge.
Beiruty,

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I think people are very familiar with the history of immigration in our country. I also know Obama's position on immigration and that he has a history of disregarding laws.

Trump is trying to make sure the laws are followed going forward. That's what this is all about. Think about how many have over stayed their visas and such.

For the record, I am 100% for legal immigration for those that want to come legally and contribute to society.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 58

Post by anygunanywhere »

Aliens with current green cards and visas who were not properly vetted should be denied reentry as well. Just because an alien managed to gain entry under Bozo's regime does not mean they will pass the proper vetting process.

No alien has a right to immigrate here.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Found this article that some may find of interest. Notice the date, who was president at the time and countries listed. Also, notice the comment about the 9/11 terrorist hijackers.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2016/ ... t-nations/
the bottom line is that 527,127 foreign nationals with expired visas are still inside the U.S., according to the figures which were released this week by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Of those 3,614 are from countries with documented ties to terrorism. Here’s the breakdown as per the DHS stats: 1,435 from Pakistan, 681 from Iraq, 564 from Iran, 440 from Syria, 219 from Yemen, 219 from Afghanistan and 56 from Libya.

rotor
Posts in topic: 68

Post by rotor »

As we debate the poor people of Syria we have to also wonder why the Christian population has to be protected by Assad and the Jewish population has dropped to a believed number of only 9 people. Most of the Jews have left Syria years ago and I am sure the Christians would like out also. Why are there only 9 Jews in Syria? Perhaps because these wonderful people that we feel so sorry for would kill their Jewish and Christian neighbors if they could. This is not an anti-Muslim post but just speaks to the reality of how non-Muslims have been treated in some Muslim countries.
I have no problem with Trump's ban on certain populations.

remanifest
Posts in topic: 2

Post by remanifest »

The President's actions are constitutional, elucidated by this article: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ries-legal
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Return to “Off-Topic”