"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TK_421
Posts in topic: 13

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by TK_421 »

KurtFTW wrote:
TK_421 wrote:Hi all, quick question that I don't think merits its own separate post.

Current status as of 12/10:
Citizenship: no documentation received, notice sent
Passport photo holder (out of state): under review
Background check: under review
LTC: print pending

I was born in Mexico but became a citizen over 10 years ago. Didn't even think to send in those documents with everything else when first applying so I sent in both my naturalization certificate and passport on Sunday 12/11. I haven't received the email saying those documents were received yet but when I sent in my LTC class forms I got that email almost immediately.

Also, I only scanned the front of the certificate and ID/photo pages of my passport. Is it really necessary to scan the backs of those as well?
I was reading through the Government Code for your answer(s).

Sec. 411.172. ELIGIBILITY. (a) A person is eligible for a license to carry a handgun if the person:
(1) is a legal resident of this state for the six-month period preceding the date of application under this subchapter or is otherwise eligible for a license under Section 411.173(a)

Sec. 411.174. APPLICATION. (a) An applicant for a license to carry a handgun must submit to the director's designee described by Section 411.176:
(4) proof of residency in this state;

(b) An applicant must provide on the application a statement of the applicant's:
(3) residence and business addresses for the preceding five years;

Based on that, I would say you have met the requirements. As far as taking a copy of the back of the passport. If it's the book type passport then I do not see why it would be necessary to send in a copy of the back of the photo page. If it's the card type, then I would have just to be on the safe side, but still I do not see that it would have been necessary.

Thanks for your reply. It's a book type passport so I figured it would be a moot point to copy the outside of it. Here's hoping my status gets updated soon and I don't go back to the bottom of the pile
DFW
P320

Glock4ever
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Glock4ever »

In the checklist it states "You should receive an email from unenroll.identogo.com with a personalized link to schedule your fingerprints"

How long does it take to get this email? I assume the DPS needs to share the data with identogo

KurtFTW
Posts in topic: 31

Post by KurtFTW »

Glock4ever wrote:In the checklist it states "You should receive an email from unenroll.identogo.com with a personalized link to schedule your fingerprints"

How long does it take to get this email? I assume the DPS needs to share the data with identogo
I have never received an email as I've always scheduled my fingerprints on my own using the service code: "119Q91".

If I were you, I wouldn't wait for them to send anything and get it done yourself so not to delay the process any longer than it has to be.
NRA 5 Year Member | Sig Sauer P320

Glock4ever
Banned

Post by Glock4ever »

KurtFTW wrote:
Glock4ever wrote:In the checklist it states "You should receive an email from unenroll.identogo.com with a personalized link to schedule your fingerprints"

I have never received an email as I've always scheduled my fingerprints on my own using the service code: "119Q91".

If I were you, I wouldn't wait for them to send anything and get it done yourself so not to delay the process any longer than it has to be.
When I try to schedule myself I get the below error. I submitted my DPS application about 30 minutes ago

"Unable to determine eligibility.
Based on the information provided, we could not find a record for you in our system. Therefore, you are not eligible to enroll. Please contact your agency or organization to verify your information."

KurtFTW

Post by KurtFTW »

Glock4ever wrote:
KurtFTW wrote:

When I try to schedule myself I get the below error. I submitted my DPS application about 30 minutes ago

"Unable to determine eligibility.
Based on the information provided, we could not find a record for you in our system. Therefore, you are not eligible to enroll. Please contact your agency or organization to verify your information."
I would say give it a little more time before trying to schedule.

Make sure you are using the exact information you used on the application to schedule the appointment. If you still cannot get it done then I would suggest calling RDS and asking them what the issue is. You could always call the 800 number in the checklist email and attempt to schedule that way.

Glock4ever
Banned

Post by Glock4ever »

Never mind the email just came

KurtFTW

Post by KurtFTW »

Glock4ever wrote:Never mind the email just came
:thewave

Centex3kGT
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Centex3kGT »

UPDATE ON MY APPLICATION

12-01-16 - LTC class completed
12-07-16 - Electronic Application filed
12-09-16 - Fingerprints completed at Identogo
12-09-16 - All supporting docs uploaded
12-14-16 Received email acknowledging receipt of supporting docs

Moving along :P
Gun Control - (verb) -
1. To use both hands when aiming.

----------
Star Firestar M40

KurtFTW

Post by KurtFTW »

Centex3kGT wrote:UPDATE ON MY APPLICATION

12-01-16 - LTC class completed
12-07-16 - Electronic Application filed
12-09-16 - Fingerprints completed at Identogo
12-09-16 - All supporting docs uploaded
12-14-16 Received email acknowledging receipt of supporting docs

Moving along :P
:hurry:
Wish you the best in your wait. It's been torture on me, but I'm just very impatient. I'm the one usually boiling when I'm watching the pot and it's taking too long!! :mad5 :lol:

DE28
Posts in topic: 5

Post by DE28 »

DE28 wrote:
KurtFTW wrote:
DE28 wrote:My background check just cleared today! :hurry:
Now I'm on "Printing Pending"... :clapping:
Let's see how long does it take to be mailed! And arrive home....
It took 5 days for me and my friend to go from print pending to mailed. I'm curious to see how long it takes for yours.
Thank you! Not fast enough... like a kid waiting for Christmas! I'll keep you updated!
Quick update!
On Tuesday 12/13 my account cleared the background check and went into "Print Pending"
Now today 12/15 status changed to "Mailed"

Now I will have to control myself and try not to check the mailbox more than 5 times a day!

How long did it take for you to receive it from the "mailed" day?

KurtFTW

Post by KurtFTW »

DE28 wrote:
DE28 wrote:
KurtFTW wrote:
It took 5 days for me and my friend to go from print pending to mailed. I'm curious to see how long it takes for yours.
Thank you! Not fast enough... like a kid waiting for Christmas! I'll keep you updated!
Quick update!
On Tuesday 12/13 my account cleared the background check and went into "Print Pending"

Now I will have to control myself and try not to check the mailbox more than 5 times a day!

The general consensus seems to be between 2 and 3 days for most. I am just waiting on the mail to be delivered today as this is day 2 for me! I'll update you on whether or not I received it.

KurtFTW

Post by KurtFTW »

KurtFTW wrote:
DE28 wrote:
DE28 wrote:
KurtFTW wrote:
Quick update!

The general consensus seems to be between 2 and 3 days for most. I am just waiting on the mail to be delivered today as this is day 2 for me! I'll update you on whether or not I received it.
:anamatedbanana 2 days for me from Mailed status to Plastic in Hand! :anamatedbanana

jnedwrd2

Post by jnedwrd2 »

KurtFTW wrote:
DE28 wrote:
DE28 wrote:
KurtFTW wrote:
Quick update!

I'm in the same boat, just changed to print pending yesterday 12/14, coincidentally the same day I passed my state peace officer licensing exam! Just waiting for mailed to post, so I can start harassing the mailman! :anamatedbanana

DE28

Post by DE28 »

KurtFTW wrote:
KurtFTW wrote:
DE28 wrote:
DE28 wrote:
KurtFTW wrote:
Quick update!

:anamatedbanana 2 days for me from Mailed status to Plastic in Hand! :anamatedbanana
Sweet! Congrats! Now we are one person more safe in Texas!
Then I'll put a motion sensor in my mailbox between Saturday and Monday!

TK_421
Posts in topic: 13

Post by TK_421 »

Status is now all documents received, background check under review. Hopefully I'll have plastic by the end of the year :waiting:
DFW
P320

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”