"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Sontaku
Posts in topic: 23

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Sontaku »

Sontaku wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:
Sontaku wrote:its gonna come soon guys.... lets hope it all ships out the same day!!! :cheers2:
I am still Print Pending..... since you went in to all green two days before me, maybe I am good on Thursday?
I hope so, if you're like me, you'll be glad to stop checking several times a day. Now I'll be stalking my mailbox lol.
LOL, I know this is pure torture. I hope it comes this week!
STATUS HAS BEEN CHANGED TO MAILED AS OF TODAY 10/26. It has taken a total of 20 whole days for the whole process to get to this point (All in 10/6), I should be getting my plastic this week!
PLASTIC IN HAND 10/29/16! took a total of 23 days for me! :woohoo :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire

millertime75
Posts in topic: 6

Post by millertime75 »

Sontaku wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:
Sontaku wrote:its gonna come soon guys.... lets hope it all ships out the same day!!! :cheers2:
I am still Print Pending..... since you went in to all green two days before me, maybe I am good on Thursday?
I hope so, if you're like me, you'll be glad to stop checking several times a day. Now I'll be stalking my mailbox lol.
STATUS HAS BEEN CHANGED TO MAILED AS OF TODAY 10/26. It has taken a total of 20 whole days for the whole process to get to this point (All in 10/6), I should be getting my plastic this week!
PLASTIC IN HAND 10/29/16! took a total of 23 days for me! :woohoo :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire :fire
Congrats! I wonder what caused your process to be so fast. It's been 23 days since I've submitted things and they haven't even updated anything online and I've called them 3 times this week. Any thoughts?

Sontaku

Post by Sontaku »

millertime75 wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:
Congrats! I wonder what caused your process to be so fast. It's been 23 days since I've submitted things and they haven't even updated anything online and I've called them 3 times this week. Any thoughts?
Well, Ive never been arrested or had a warrant for my arrest. My record has been squeaky clean aside from your usual traffic tickets...other than those things I dont know why its taking them so long? Since I posted three weeks ago, many users who I have been keeping up with have gotten theres within that time frame as well. My roommate and I went all in on 10/6/16 and we both received ours at the same time. Not sure what other discrepancy could be slowing down your application. Did you receive a confirmation email saying everything has been received?

millertime75

Post by millertime75 »

Sontaku wrote:
millertime75 wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:
Well, Ive never been arrested or had a warrant for my arrest. My record has been squeaky clean aside from your usual traffic tickets...other than those things I dont know why its taking them so long? Since I posted three weeks ago, many users who I have been keeping up with have gotten theres within that time frame as well. My roommate and I went all in on 10/6/16 and we both received ours at the same time. Not sure what other discrepancy could be slowing down your application. Did you receive a confirmation email saying everything has been received?
No warrant or arrests on my end. I did get an email saying they received my supporting documents and they have confirmed that when I call.

Sontaku

Post by Sontaku »

millertime75 wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
millertime75 wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:
Sontaku wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:
No warrant or arrests on my end. I did get an email saying they received my supporting documents and they have confirmed that when I call.
So you've submitted everything already and the website has not updated in 3 weeks. Mine updated after 7 business days. I would problem contact a state representative and see if I can get things rolling from there

Rixuneaux
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Rixuneaux »

Not sure what's going on with our justice system but I finally found out why it is taking over 100 days to even find out why I haven't received my license yet, even after 2 phone calls and 3 emails to the DPS. They said my fingerprints showed an arrest for bad checks in Dallas from 2007. So, I drove 2 hours to Dallas and paid to have certified background checks (both felony and misdemeanor) run on me that came back squeaky clean to prove to them I'm not a criminal. So I emailed all of that in and sent another email requesting an email response to tell me if there are anymore hoops I have to jump through without waiting another 100 days to do so. They just sent me the generic canned email as a response so I guess I'm in for the 180 day wait now. I'm really starting to feel like I got pulled out of line for a full cavity search! :banghead: :mad5

Thumms
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Thumms »

Rixuneaux wrote:Not sure what's going on with our justice system but I finally found out why it is taking over 100 days to even find out why I haven't received my license yet, even after 2 phone calls and 3 emails to the DPS. They said my fingerprints showed an arrest for bad checks in Dallas from 2007. So, I drove 2 hours to Dallas and paid to have certified background checks (both felony and misdemeanor) run on me that came back squeaky clean to prove to them I'm not a criminal. So I emailed all of that in and sent another email requesting an email response to tell me if there are anymore hoops I have to jump through without waiting another 100 days to do so. They just sent me the generic canned email as a response so I guess I'm in for the 180 day wait now. I'm really starting to feel like I got pulled out of line for a full cavity search! :banghead: :mad5
I'm in a similar boat. I was informed via mail exactly 90 days from the day they received all my initial documents, that my application was referred to the medical advisory board for review. Then 2 days after that, I got the forms from the MAB for my doctor to fill out asserting that I'm not crazy and am able to safely use and store firearms.

My doc was out of town for three weeks, so that caused nearly a month delay. On Oct 14th, DPS received the approval letter from the MAB.

After two phone calls and three emails, they still won't tell me if there's anything else holding up my app, and won't confirm nor deny that "since I had a medical flag" placed on my file from day one, they automatically stopped all work on the rest of my background check until I cleared the MAB hurdle. They will only say that my "file is being processed" and that "they have 6 MONTHS FROM THE DAY THEY GET ALL 'SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS' IN HAND!!!!!"

That sounds to me like they can blow us off 90 days for EACH flag they decide to place on our apps. And could in effect take over a year to process applications that require multiple supporting documents.

I have two ancient arrests for which both cases were dropped before ever going to court, and I listed them on my app with details but not case numbers since they were 8 and 15 years old. So I have a feeling I'll be getting yet another letter asking for case numbers and copies of something from the courts... Which will be nearly impossible for the 15 year old case from CA.

I also make monthly payments to Nevada for ancient back child support. But I am in compliance and have been for over a decade. So I bet I'll get another demand for proof of that too.

Did you list the arrest on your initial application or did they find it on their own? Did they send you a letter requesting the info you sent the DPS? or did you also do that on your own?

I don't mind jumping through hoops, I just think that they should be able to tell you quickly via a phone call that there are multiple holds on your app, and tell you what they are so you can get the documentation quickly.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Rixuneaux

Post by Rixuneaux »

Thumms wrote:
Rixuneaux wrote:Not sure what's going on with our justice system but I finally found out why it is taking over 100 days to even find out why I haven't received my license yet, even after 2 phone calls and 3 emails to the DPS. They said my fingerprints showed an arrest for bad checks in Dallas from 2007. So, I drove 2 hours to Dallas and paid to have certified background checks (both felony and misdemeanor) run on me that came back squeaky clean to prove to them I'm not a criminal. So I emailed all of that in and sent another email requesting an email response to tell me if there are anymore hoops I have to jump through without waiting another 100 days to do so. They just sent me the generic canned email as a response so I guess I'm in for the 180 day wait now. I'm really starting to feel like I got pulled out of line for a full cavity search! :banghead: :mad5
I'm in a similar boat. I was informed via mail exactly 90 days from the day they received all my initial documents, that my application was referred to the medical advisory board for review. Then 2 days after that, I got the forms from the MAB for my doctor to fill out asserting that I'm not crazy and am able to safely use and store firearms.

My doc was out of town for three weeks, so that caused nearly a month delay. On Oct 14th, DPS received the approval letter from the MAB.

After two phone calls and three emails, they still won't tell me if there's anything else holding up my app, and won't confirm nor deny that "since I had a medical flag" placed on my file from day one, they automatically stopped all work on the rest of my background check until I cleared the MAB hurdle. They will only say that my "file is being processed" and that "they have 6 MONTHS FROM THE DAY THEY GET ALL 'SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS' IN HAND!!!!!"

That sounds to me like they can blow us off 90 days for EACH flag they decide to place on our apps. And could in effect take over a year to process applications that require multiple supporting documents.

I have two ancient arrests for which both cases were dropped before ever going to court, and I listed them on my app with details but not case numbers since they were 8 and 15 years old. So I have a feeling I'll be getting yet another letter asking for case numbers and copies of something from the courts... Which will be nearly impossible for the 15 year old case from CA.

I also make monthly payments to Nevada for ancient back child support. But I am in compliance and have been for over a decade. So I bet I'll get another demand for proof of that too.

Did you list the arrest on your initial application or did they find it on their own? Did they send you a letter requesting the info you sent the DPS? or did you also do that on your own?

I don't mind jumping through hoops, I just think that they should be able to tell you quickly via a phone call that there are multiple holds on your app, and tell you what they are so you can get the documentation quickly.

I didn't report it initially because it isn't supposed to exist. I never would have guessed that I would have to collect documentation on something I was wrongfully accused of 20 years ago and was supposed to be erased like it never happened. I guess no one ever told IAFIS so now I'm back to square one but the amount of squares just doubled. I filed for an Arizona CCW after I kinda gave up on Texas. I bet they kick it back too.

Thumms

Post by Thumms »

Rixuneaux wrote:
Thumms wrote:
I

I didn't report it initially because it isn't supposed to exist. I never would have guessed that I would have to collect documentation on something I was wrongfully accused of 20 years ago and was supposed to be erased like it never happened. I guess no one ever told IAFIS so now I'm back to square one but the amount of squares just doubled. I filed for an Arizona CCW after I kinda gave up on Texas. I bet they kick it back too.
I just spoke with them and they do stop all processing of cases requiring supporting documents and they do each one individually so the process could in reality take nearly two years depending on how many blips you have on your app.

They do MAB first. If you make it past that, they then restart the clock and send you back into the cue to see if you have any arrests. If you do and they show up, then you have to get the official copies from the county clerks office for each case. But I think they request all court case files at once. Not one at a time.

Then if you clear that hurdle, you go back in the cue for a check on owing back taxes or child support.

I went online just now and found both of my case numbers and am going to get copies ahead of time so that when I finally get the letter requesting documentation, I'll already have them in hand to fax or mail. Whichever they allow.

How is it possible for a Texas resident to apply for an Arizona CHL? And wouldn't Texas eventually say, " You live in Texas now so you need to get a Texas CHL?"
Last edited by Thumms on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

AnxiouslyWaiting
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AnxiouslyWaiting »

Reciprocal licensing. Texas acknowledges chl/ocw/Ltc ect. from other states. Many states (including Texas) issue to applicants from other states(as long as requirements are met). Some state qualifying criteria is less strenuous compared to others.

I'm no instructor or LEO by any means, so if I'm wrong please feel free to set me straight.

Thumms

Post by Thumms »

AnxiouslyWaiting wrote:Reciprocal licensing. Texas acknowledges chl/ocw/Ltc ect. from other states. Many states (including Texas) issue to applicants from other states(as long as requirements are met). Some state qualifying criteria is less strenuous compared to others.

I'm no instructor or LEO by any means, so if I'm wrong please feel free to set me straight.

So you use the classroom training certification form from your Texas CHL class for an Arizona license? It seems like a big loophole that Texas would filter out somehow, but maybe not.

Rixuneaux

Post by Rixuneaux »

Thumms wrote:
AnxiouslyWaiting wrote:Reciprocal licensing. Texas acknowledges chl/ocw/Ltc ect. from other states. Many states (including Texas) issue to applicants from other states(as long as requirements are met). Some state qualifying criteria is less strenuous compared to others.

So you use the classroom training certification form from your Texas CHL class for an Arizona license? It seems like a big loophole that Texas would filter out somehow, but maybe not.
They used to require an in state 8 hour LTC training class but when the started the non resident licenses they take whatever your state offers. They only charge $60 too. I can think of some drawbacks though. There is no photo on the card they give you and there will always be the uneducated law officer that doesn't know that it is a legal LTC card and will challenge you on it. No offense to any law officers. I'd probably question it myself. I just wanted it until Texas decides I'm not a criminal and sends me one from my home state. Maybe I'll get it before the AZ one expires.

seaver

Post by seaver »

seaver wrote:
seaver wrote:
seaver wrote:New guy here!

Finger-prints and online app completed 10/15/16

LTC training class - 10/22/16

CHL-100 Uploaded - 10/22/16

Website status has not been updated.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long.
10/26/16 at 9:26 AM got the email saying all documents are in!

10/29/16 - website updated - all green except back ground check under review and shows print pending.
11/1/16 - background check completed! License on the way!

Sontaku

Post by Sontaku »

seaver wrote:
seaver wrote:
seaver wrote:

10/29/16 - website updated - all green except back ground check under review and shows print pending.
bruh, that super fast. congrats!

seaver

Post by seaver »

Sontaku wrote:
seaver wrote:
seaver wrote:
seaver wrote:

bruh, that super fast. congrats!

Seriously! I was expecting to at least wait a little over a month from what I've been reading but everything updated within just a couple days.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”