"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Thumms
Posts in topic: 17

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Thumms »

Algill1279 wrote:Woohoo, check status this morning and BG check is finally complete. Now I'm in the 'Print Pending' phase! So excited! Have a safe day folks and Thank God you are a Texan! :clapping: :woohoo :clapping:
Algill did you notice if your fingerprint check cleared before your background check, or did they update at the exact same time?

My prints and BGC both show Under Review. I figured after nearly 5 months my prints at least would have finished...

Algill1279
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Algill1279 »

Thumms wrote:
Algill1279 wrote:Woohoo, check status this morning and BG check is finally complete. Now I'm in the 'Print Pending' phase! So excited! Have a safe day folks and Thank God you are a Texan! :clapping: :woohoo :clapping:
Algill did you notice if your fingerprint check cleared before your background check, or did they update at the exact same time?

My prints and BGC both show Under Review. I figured after nearly 5 months my prints at least would have finished...
Everything was cleared for about 2 weeks except back ground and pending print. I did state application and finger prints a week or two before taking the LTC course.

Vincelopez23
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Vincelopez23 »

LTC Class 06/12/2016
Application 08/23/2016
CHL-100 submitted online 08/24/2016
Received email confirmation 08/24/2016
Finger prints 08/29/2016
Print Pending 10/13/2016
License mailed 10/15/2016
License in hand 10/19/2016

Finally legal to carry :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

CMontalvo86
Posts in topic: 6

Post by CMontalvo86 »

Finally!!! License in hand October 19th! :drool:
25 days from the time I took my chl class to plastic in hand! Just want to encourage everyone out there waiting for theirs, hang in there! Your time will come!
Fyi I've had two arrest years ago and traffic tickets recently. That didn't effect my timeline
:fire :anamatedbanana :txflag:

Thumms

Post by Thumms »

CMontalvo86 wrote:Finally!!! License in hand October 19th! :drool:
25 days from the time I took my chl class to plastic in hand! Just want to encourage everyone out there waiting for theirs, hang in there! Your time will come!
Fyi I've had two arrest years ago and traffic tickets recently. That didn't effect my timeline
:fire :anamatedbanana :txflag:

Did you have to get copies of the case history showing final determination of the cases?

I have a couple of generic arrests one in 03 and 07 that were both dropped. 03 was in CA and 08 in Texas.

I've heard stories of people having to give case file stuff as old as 16 years ago.

Algill1279

Post by Algill1279 »

Question: Once BG check has a status of complete, is it presumable that this indicates everything is good or could it also be that something was found and they may be mailing a denial letter? Just wondering if anyone has gotten all green up to pending print then been denied.

guard5
Posts in topic: 10

Post by guard5 »

I am approaching my 90 days on 10/22, since they have green lit everything except prints and background. I have sent a couple of emails and got the generic response. Would my next course of action be to call them, or call/email my representative? Thanks for any help

Thumms

Post by Thumms »

guard5 wrote:I am approaching my 90 days on 10/22, since they have green lit everything except prints and background. I have sent a couple of emails and got the generic response. Would my next course of action be to call them, or call/email my representative? Thanks for any help

Did you list any arrests or mental health or drug treatment?

Almost 90 days to the exact day, my Medical Advisory Board paperwork showed up. My treatment program was self initiated and was 9 years ago, so two weeks after sending in my eval from my doctor, I was okayed by the MAB.

The following day, DPS had my info from the MAB. I gave DPS a week and then called to check up on the progress. Got the generic "your app is being processed... we appreciate your patience"...

I see guys on here who amazingly had their entire process take 4-6 weeks. I'm nearly at 6 months and still in limbo.

guard5
Posts in topic: 10

Post by guard5 »

Thumms wrote:
guard5 wrote:I am approaching my 90 days on 10/22, since they have green lit everything except prints and background. I have sent a couple of emails and got the generic response. Would my next course of action be to call them, or call/email my representative? Thanks for any help

Did you list any arrests or mental health or drug treatment?

Almost 90 days to the exact day, my Medical Advisory Board paperwork showed up. My treatment program was self initiated and was 9 years ago, so two weeks after sending in my eval from my doctor, I was okayed by the MAB.

The following day, DPS had my info from the MAB. I gave DPS a week and then called to check up on the progress. Got the generic "your app is being processed... we appreciate your patience"...

I see guys on here who amazingly had their entire process take 4-6 weeks. I'm nearly at 6 months and still in limbo.
Yea I listed my only arrest from over 5 years ago case numbers and everything.

Thumms

Post by Thumms »

guard5 wrote:
Thumms wrote:
Yea I listed my only arrest from over 5 years ago case numbers and everything.
Were charges dropped? I had a 16 year old and 9 year old arrest. Both were dropped. I didn't have case numbers but listed charges and final disposition of "dismissed". This may be causing both of our continued delays.

Keep us posted. Hopefully we'll both be celebrating our approvals soon!

Varget
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Varget »

Varget wrote:Applied September 11 the same day as class
Fingerprints and documents sent in on the 13th
Finally got an email confirmation on September 28tb
Still no change to the website. It still says to allow sufficient time for processing. I've seen other people say the online status is slow or does not change until after its already mailed, so I guess I'm not the only one. Guess I will wait impatiently...
Woke up to "Print Pending" this morning!

Sontaku
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Sontaku »

Sontaku wrote:Hello all,

new to this forum.
Timeline:
LTC Class 7/29/16 (had some stuff going on before I actually applied)
Application 10/3/16
Finger prints 10/5/16
CHL-100 submitted online 10/5/16
Received email confirmation 10/5/16
No status update on website yet

Just waiting on updates.
This forum has been really helpful, but like everyone else waiting to get their license I am very impatient about it :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :totap:

BACKGROUND CHECK COMPLETED AS OF 10/21/16!!! Total of two weeks and two days to get to this point! just waiting for the mail to update now! WOoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thewave
Last edited by Sontaku on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Varget
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Varget »

Algill1279 wrote:Question: Once BG check has a status of complete, is it presumable that this indicates everything is good or could it also be that something was found and they may be mailing a denial letter? Just wondering if anyone has gotten all green up to pending print then been denied.
If it says "print pending" you should be good. I don't think it's "print pending" for a denial letter...

Sontaku
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Sontaku »

Algill1279 wrote:Question: Once BG check has a status of complete, is it presumable that this indicates everything is good or could it also be that something was found and they may be mailing a denial letter? Just wondering if anyone has gotten all green up to pending print then been denied.
Once your background check clears, you are clear my friend

Algill1279

Post by Algill1279 »

Sontaku wrote:
Once your background check clears, you are clear my friend
Thanks for the feedback!
:txflag: :fire :cheers2:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”