Marine General pleads guilty in classified information case

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Marine General pleads guilty in classified information case

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/retired-u-ge ... 24165.html

It was part of leaked classified information in stuxnet book that was written.

There are two worlds ones for the elite and one for the rest of us.

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Marine General pleads guilty in classified information case

Post by oohrah »

Sad, he probably would've gotten away with a slap if he hadn't lied to the FBI.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

JerryK
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JerryK »

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

I know where you are going with this but her base doesn't want to be bothered by stories like this. We could have video of her killing someone and they still would vote for her!!!

We are so screwed...

JerryK

Post by JerryK »

She, lied to the FBI and didn't even get a slap...

KHickam

Post by KHickam »

This just gets me wound up - anyone that was in the military with a security clearance understands that Secretary Clinton should be in jail or at least being prosecuted for her numerous breaches of security in the safeguarding of classified information.
"Be strong, be of good courage, God Bless America, Long live the Republic." SootchOO

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

KHickam wrote:This just gets me wound up - anyone that was in the military with a security clearance understands that Secretary Clinton should be in jail or at least being prosecuted for her numerous breaches of security in the safeguarding of classified information.
:iagree: :patriot:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

charliej47

Post by charliej47 »

As a VET, I will say that the General should be punished! He gave his word! I don't care the Clinton did not get jail time!

This is someone who signed the blank check and then tore it up!

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

This is another example of the Martha Stewart and Scooter Libby principal. "You lie about something you didn't do, that wasn't illegal, and then you get prosecuted for the lie". Another good reason to ALWAYS assert your 5th amendment rights, whether you think it makes you look like a mobster or not.

Also for all you guys that have security clearance at work, remember that the SF-312 is forever and unless you're a Democrat, can and will be used against you in a court of law.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

This is very similar to the Martha Stewart case. Martha Stewart was accused of using insider information to make money in the stock market. She was never tried for that. Instead she was convicted by a jury beyond a reasonable doubt of lying to the FBI about what she did or did not remember from an telephone conversation that happened two years before.

Here the General was accused of leaking classified information to a writer of a book. He was never charged for that. Instead he plead guilty to lying to the FBI about whether he talked with the author.

So if the FBI wants to talk to you, you need an attorney.

If you remember Hillary did not remember anything about 23 of the 25 written questions she was asked under oath about her server.

But as one of you correctly pointed out WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE. As most likely she will be our next president.

ELB

Post by ELB »

ScottDLS wrote:...Another good reason to ALWAYS assert your 5th amendment rights, whether you think it makes you look like a mobster or not.
I just finished reading Professor James Duane's book You Have the Right to Remain Innocent. He's the guy in the video of a law school class that periodically goes viral on the gun boards, talking a mile a minute saying not to talk to the cops about anything period dot (altho when you read his book you find out even he has an exception to this).

Anyway, he states in the book that the fact you "plead the fifth" can be used by the prosecutor as evidence of guilt - so don't do that. Instead, he says you should politely but forthrightly state "I want a lawyer" and shut up. At present the fact that you demanded a lawyer can't be brought up in court. Don't be mealy mouthed, don't say "Do you think I need a lawyer," "I wonder if I need a lawyer, maybe I should talk to a lawyer," just state "I want a lawyer" and then keep mouth shut until you can talk to your lawyer.

His book is relatively cheap on Amazon, at least the Kindle version.

As to the Marine general -- no sympathy that he got in trouble for leaking info because of his own ego, but yes, the fact that Comey and Lynch let Clinton off tells everyone that there is no need to have respect for the laws. When people in charge of enforcing the law don't respect it, there is no moral case to be made against anyone else who chooses not to follow the law either.
USAF 1982-2005

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

JerryK wrote:
She, lied to the FBI and didn't even get a slap...
Yes, but the FBI is certain that she didn't intend to lie, so all is good.

Let's ignore the fact that intent is not a necessary element for most of her crimes, and the FBI never even attempted to establish the intent that they believed they needed.

The Marine General should have just said "I don't recall". That seems to be the magic phrase. Or he could have said he didn't know what the classified markings meant.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

If they didn't prosecute him for the security violation, then that's because he didn't do anything illegal (until he lied to investigators). Keep your mouth shut and make the US prove their allegations to a jury. Don't try to explain why you're innocent, THEY have to prove you're guilty. :banghead:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

More to the point, as released investigation notes from the FBI show, Obama sent email to Clinton's private server, so that blows right out of the water any claim that he was unaware of either the server or that it c obtained classified material. So if they moved forward on Clinton, they would have to officially investigate those emails. ANd that just isn't going to happen. I think that also has a whole lot to do with why the investigation came out as it did.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

General Cartwright is paying the price for Hillary Clinton’s sins - The Washington Post - www.washingtonpost.com
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/jos ... e25b9403b2

Wow Washington Post!! I think this writer is fired tomorrow.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”