"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Vincelopez23
Posts in topic: 9

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Vincelopez23 »

Timeline:
LTC Class 06/12/2016
Application 08/23/2016
CHL-100 submitted online 08/24/2016
Received email confirmation 08/24/2016
Finger prints 08/29/2016
Print Pending 10/13/2016!

Hoping to have it sometime next week. Took 7 weeks for my background check to clear for whatever reason, made a call to the DPS Tuesday 10/11, not sure if that had anything to do with it, but this morning I woke up to a print pending update. :anamatedbanana

P3^eQme(c+
Posts in topic: 1

Post by P3^eQme(c+ »

Took class on 10/1 and submitted paperwork on same day. Email confirmation on 10/3.

Status website went live on 10/10.

Background cleared on 10/11.

Army vet, carry license from TN and GA and fed employee probably helped with the background. I have been on print pending since 10/11.

ShannonC
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ShannonC »

CMontalvo86 wrote::fire OCTOBER 12TH " BACKGROUND CHECK COMPLETE "
Print pending!!! :woohoo
My status has been on background check under review for almost 3 weeks now. I called and spoke to a gentleman yesterday and he said everything has been processed so it would not be much longer.
Only thing I could think would hold it up is I was not born in Tx but have been a resident here since 1985.
Oh well shouldn't be much longer hopefully.

CMontalvo86

Post by CMontalvo86 »

I don't know why it's taking so long with different people.
But I do know this my status says
"MAILED" OCTOBER 15TH :thewave

_Dire_Wolf
Posts in topic: 3

Post by _Dire_Wolf »

_Dire_Wolf wrote:Hey guys stumbled upon this forum and decided to post my own timeline.

9/10 - Took my class
9/17 - completed the application
9/20 - Fingerprinted
9/21 - email saying all docs received
9/26ish - online status posted with everything green except for BG check.

As of today, no change. Am 23 year old college student with no criminal record so hoping background check processes quickly. Want to get my card.

Update

Oct 15th.
BG check green
Print now pending.

Getting so much closer!

LordHaveMercy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LordHaveMercy »

New to the forum.. hello! :txflag: my wait for LTC began mid March .. yesterday my status finally changed to mailed.. hope to see my licence Monday or Tuesday.. I believe my long wait is coming to an end!! :woohoo

Vincelopez23
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Vincelopez23 »

Vincelopez23 wrote:Timeline:
LTC Class 06/12/2016
Application 08/23/2016
CHL-100 submitted online 08/24/2016
Received email confirmation 08/24/2016
Finger prints 08/29/2016
Print Pending 10/13/2016!
License Mailed 10-15-2016
Hoping to have it sometime next week. Took 7 weeks for my background check to clear for whatever reason, made a call to the DPS Tuesday 10/11, not sure if that had anything to do with it, but this morning I woke up to a print pending update. :anamatedbanana
UPDATE: Checked Saturday 10/15 around 12 Pm, no update. Checked again around 11 pm and it updated to license mailed! Hoping to see it Tuesday!

guard5
Posts in topic: 10

Post by guard5 »

LordHaveMercy wrote:New to the forum.. hello! :txflag: my wait for LTC began mid March .. yesterday my status finally changed to mailed.. hope to see my licence Monday or Tuesday.. I believe my long wait is coming to an end!! :woohoo

And I thought my wait time was long, congrats!

ShannonC

Post by ShannonC »

ShannonC wrote:Class on 9/3
application completed 9/7
fingerprints and paperwork turned into RSD office 9/12.
Not showing any update that it was received or in process as of now.
Now looking at holsters and a different carry weapon. I qualified with a heavy Tanfoglio witness.
Update.
10/16 background check complete
Print pending.

MG21
Posts in topic: 4

Post by MG21 »

Hello New to forum here is my current situation.

07-16-16 LTC class and LTC application online

07-21-16 Fingerprints and CHL 100 uploaded to RSD

08-02-16 Upload disposition on an arrest in New York 16 years ago misdemeanor assault charges all dismissed and sealed

08-08-16 Email from RSD saying received supporting doc's

10-07-16 I email RSD for status of my Application

10-08-16 Receive generic email response saying app is awaiting BG investigation and additional review allow up to180 days for record check and investigation. Will notify by mail if further info is required.

10-17-16 Receive letter saying need full disposition information. (Don't understand this I uploaded it on 08-02-16)

10-17-16 Placed call to RSD saying I'm confused by the letter and do they have my disposition letter on file. Spoke to a lady named Katy she checks my file and says yes we see the disposition letter and they got it on 10-12-16...What?.... (uploaded on 8-02-16). I said that is the same date that's listed on the letter I received today requesting disposition information I'm confused I said. Do I disregard the letter or is there something else I need to provide? Katy tells me all I have to do is wait. I'm kind of skeptical because in the letter it also asks for me to describe the incident that took place, provide incident report from arresting agency which I don't have and who the victim was. Complaint information from the court (arraignment charges are listed on the disposition that they already have) If records are sealed please provide the order from courts sealing the records (again all this is on the disposition that they have) If case was dismissed provide copy of dismissal (already provided it its in the disposition) Not sure what to do but I wrote a letter describing what happened and also listed the charges which I had to look up on New York state penal code because they just list the numbers of the penal code on my disposition. Not sure if they need it but figured let me try to comply with their requests. I guess ill just send it all in. What do you guys think? Has anyone who had misdemeanor charges had to give them anything more than the Disposition or should that be all that they need?

CMontalvo86

Post by CMontalvo86 »

LordHaveMercy wrote:New to the forum.. hello! :txflag: my wait for LTC began mid March .. yesterday my status finally changed to mailed.. hope to see my licence Monday or Tuesday.. I believe my long wait is coming to an end!! :woohoo
Did yours come in today by chance? I'm waiting for mine too :totap:

Algill1279
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Algill1279 »

Varget wrote:
CMontalvo86 wrote::fire OCTOBER 12TH " BACKGROUND CHECK COMPLETE "
Print pending!!! :woohoo
Congratulations, that was fast on the background check review. Mine has been in review since Thursday. :thumbs2:
That's awesome! Still no change for me yet, but after reading sooo many posts in this forum, I conclude there are many variables and sooner or later most applicants recieve their license to carry.

Thumms
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Thumms »

So I found out last week that the MAB deemed me capable of getting my CHL. I called DPS today (Tuesday Oct 18th) and they said they received the approval from MAB on Friday.

Does anyone know if they do the MAB stuff last, after reviewing criminal records and child support, or do they do Medical Advisory Board first, then if approved they move on to the rest of the background check?

I ask because I had an arrest back in 03 that was fully dropped without ever going to court, and in 07 that was also fully dropped without ever going to court. I also have been faithfully paying back support for 10 years.

So I don't want to get excited about the MAB approval only to have DPS decide to deny me on some other technicality that, to me, doesn't appear to clearly disqualify me.

I also noticed one guy said his fingerprint status updated to "complete" before his background check. I have always assumed that the two were connected and would update together automatically.

Anyone out there who has insight into the order in which they move through the process? I would think they would do everything else first and then save any MAB stuff for the last step. And once that is approved, they just check the boxes in the database and then update my status.

LordHaveMercy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LordHaveMercy »

CMontalvo86 wrote:
Did yours come in today by chance? I'm waiting for mine too :totap:
Mine came in Monday the 16th

Algill1279
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Algill1279 »

Woohoo, check status this morning and BG check is finally complete. Now I'm in the 'Print Pending' phase! So excited! Have a safe day folks and Thank God you are a Texan! :clapping: :woohoo :clapping:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”