"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Vincelopez23
Posts in topic: 9

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Vincelopez23 »

Blalock wrote:Hello my fellow Texans..
Been hanging around reading the forums about 2 weeks and decided it was time I throw my timeline out there. I have to say I'm very impressed. I don't know if it's because I have previous TCOLE licensing, or just luck of the draw..lol..Either way I'll take it.

09/02/16 - Application Online
09/06/16 - Fingerprints
09/06/16 - Submitted all documentation thru Email submission
09/20/16 - Everything showed green on website and status is "License to carry a handgun: Print Pending"

This makes me very excited seeing as most received it not long after print pending.!!.
:woohoo
I submitted mine about a week before yours and mine is still under review. :banghead:

Blalock
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Blalock »

Vincelopez23 wrote:
Blalock wrote:Hello my fellow Texans..
Been hanging around reading the forums about 2 weeks and decided it was time I throw my timeline out there. I have to say I'm very impressed. I don't know if it's because I have previous TCOLE licensing, or just luck of the draw..lol..Either way I'll take it.

09/06/16 - Fingerprints
09/20/16 - Everything showed green on website and status is "License to carry a handgun: Print Pending"

This makes me very excited seeing as most received it not long after print pending.!!.
:woohoo
I submitted mine about a week before yours and mine is still under review. :banghead:
Oh dang..Sorry to hear that

My status was updated this evening to mailed..
I really never expected it to move this fast, but I have to also wonder since my name has sent thru FBI clearance a lot with TCOLE if that maybe shed a Lil time..Probably had nothing to do with it but I'd like to think my days of police work helped somewhere haha
09/06/16 - Fingerprints
09/22/2016 - MAILED.!!.
:txflag:

Igra
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Igra »

Hey, stumbled across yall when I was waiting on mine, just wanted to give a timeline just because there is so little information out there.

Proficiency course - 7/30
Application Date - 8/07
Finger Print Date - 8/08
Accepted Paperwork date - all green except background/fingerprint - 8/12
All Green Except print - 9/24

My Dad and his wife sent theirs in 2 weeks after me and got theirs a week ago.

Some background insight into maybe why my application did or didn't take as long as some others

28 years old, I've moved a lot in the last 10 years of my life;
2 Criminal charges on my official record
1) Felony theft when I was 13 years old - Deferred Adjudication(on my record officially, but not for public view)
2) Misdemeanor theft when I was 18 - Deferred Adjudication
Both of these were in the same city so maybe they were easier to investigate than some other folks stuff?

I've had a clean record since 18 years old; I've also had multiple FBI background checks done since I work as a state licensed healthcare professional, (which doesn't seem to help speed anything up)

I know a lot of people are still waiting on theirs and there seems to be such a random order to when people do and don't get done.

Thanks pals! Sorry for those still stuck waiting

ShannonC
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ShannonC »

My status came up yesterday when I checked. Finger printed and all documents turned into RSD office drop box on 9/12.
Now everything green except background and print pending. I don't know how long it takes the background to come back but mine is clean.

thaidragon
Posts in topic: 4

Post by thaidragon »

After a loong 6 months, i finally received my license.
Someone can have my spot in here. It was enjoyable reading what everyone had to say. Here is my timeline

3/04/16 online app
3/9 fingerprint
3/12 chl class
3/14 submitted paper work online
3/15 received email confirmation from dps
5/29 received letter from dps asking for more documents
6/09 sent paperwork
9/24 received license

I checked my status yesterday and it said background under review still so i dont know whem it changed. :woohoo

josephtuna
Posts in topic: 8

Post by josephtuna »

josephtuna wrote:i've posted before. in summary all docs submitted online 8/5, email acknowledging receipt on 8/8, status change to in review on 8/11. i called last friday after reading the boards and seeing such rapid turnaround. a very nice lady told me i was in review (which i could see at the website). in short, i'm well within the period for issue (less than a month). been at the same address for 20 years but am in Harris County (Houston), the largest county in the state. I'm wondering if reading the forum and the time period so short for some is an anomaly and am causing myself aggravation LOL!

today, 9/27 BG is green with print pending. i assume all is approved since BG is complete or may there still be issues? i have received no requests from DPS but I'm sitting on 57 days from the time of application. in other words since BG is now complete and print pending is yellow is all ok?

pieces408
Posts in topic: 18

Post by pieces408 »

josephtuna wrote:
josephtuna wrote:i've posted before. in summary all docs submitted online 8/5, email acknowledging receipt on 8/8, status change to in review on 8/11. i called last friday after reading the boards and seeing such rapid turnaround. a very nice lady told me i was in review (which i could see at the website). in short, i'm well within the period for issue (less than a month). been at the same address for 20 years but am in Harris County (Houston), the largest county in the state. I'm wondering if reading the forum and the time period so short for some is an anomaly and am causing myself aggravation LOL!

today, 9/27 BG is green with print pending. i assume all is approved since BG is complete or may there still be issues? i have received no requests from DPS but I'm sitting on 57 days from the time of application. in other words since BG is now complete and print pending is yellow is all ok?
If all is green except print pending then you're good. It should change to mailed in the next few days. Congrats! :cheers2:

josephtuna

Post by josephtuna »

pieces408,

thanks for your reply. i did call this morning and DPS did confirm that my application has been selected for issue and i should be looking for it in the coming days. it was frustrating and i'm still not sure why mine took 57 days when others seemed to be completed in 2-3 weeks. anyway, it's done and completed within the 60 day period.

pieces408
Posts in topic: 18

Post by pieces408 »

josephtuna wrote:pieces408,

thanks for your reply. i did call this morning and DPS did confirm that my application has been selected for issue and i should be looking for it in the coming days. it was frustrating and i'm still not sure why mine took 57 days when others seemed to be completed in 2-3 weeks. anyway, it's done and completed within the 60 day period.
Seems to be just luck of the draw as to who your file gets assigned to. My process was about the same as yours. Your's is almost over though!

ren087
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ren087 »

LTC class taken on Saturday 8/13.
Texas.gov online form submitted same day.
DD214 & CHL-100 uploaded Monday 8/15.
Fingerprints completed Monday 8/15.
First status change 8/24 (Fingerprint & Background Pending)
Next status change 9/24 (FP & BG Received & Complete & LTC Print Pending)
Final status change 9/28 (LTC Mailed)
44 Days from Upload and FP completed to mailed.

minimalist

Post by minimalist »

I just got my plastic in the mail today! I thought I'd post a timeline for anyone who is interested... :cheers2:

8/20 class
8/22 application/fee/documents
8/24 fingerprints/email confirmation of documents received
9/7 all green except fingerprints under review and BG under review
9/23 all green except print pending
9/27 status change/mailed
9/28 plastic in hand! :anamatedbanana

40 days in all. For those keeping score, I had 2 ancient arrests to report (12 and 17 years ago.) They didn't seem to affect the timeline much, if at all.

josephtuna

Post by josephtuna »

pieces408 wrote:
josephtuna wrote:

today, 9/27 BG is green with print pending. i assume all is approved since BG is complete or may there still be issues? i have received no requests from DPS but I'm sitting on 57 days from the time of application. in other words since BG is now complete an d print pending is yellow is all ok?
If all is green except print pending then you're good. It should change to mailed in the next few days. Congrats! :cheers2:
tk

Status as of this morning-mailed! I really think a lot of us are having anxiety created by ourselves as we read about those completing in a matter of weeks. In retrospect those are the exceptions and in reality the system is working as it should. Regardless - it's been a long 2 months...

Rixuneaux
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Rixuneaux »

I don't think that the quick turnarounds are the exception anymore. My LTC class consisted of nine other people besides myself, one being my wife, who of coarse has changed addresses as much as me. Two of the men had been arrested when they were younger. I haven't even had a speeding ticket in 15 years, and everyone but me received their plastic in 3 weeks or less. Tomorrow will actually be 66 days for me. I just can't figure it out. Can't get any info other than "it's processing" from the DPS either.

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by infoman »

It takes much longer if you've ever had any arrests. & I mean ever- any time in your life no matter how long ago & no matter how minor.

minimalist

Post by minimalist »

infoman wrote:It takes much longer if you've ever had any arrests. & I mean ever- any time in your life no matter how long ago & no matter how minor.
I had 2 arrests and it took 38 days from submitted docs to plastic in hand. I expected it to take longer because of my record. To say that it takes much longer with an arrest record is not the whole story. There must be something else that delays processing for some people.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”