"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

tb271
Posts in topic: 4

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by tb271 »

thaidragon wrote:
TeachMan2016 wrote:ALLLRIGHT friends and "lovers of liberty"

After 9 months of waiting and debating with the vacuous system that is the State of Texas DPS, I have finally received my License to carry.

Now before giving me the Hooray! Just know it was not from the state of Texas that I received this license, but rather from the Great State of Arizona; which their carry laws are reciprocal of Texas.

Arizona License to Carry:

*$60
* 2 months (submitted Aug.22nd)
* 2 fingerprint cards
*A copy of your firearms certification

Seriously Texas? Step Your Game Up!! :cheers2:

Can u open carry In texas with an arizona chl? Just curious?

Yes - Arizona has reciprocity with Texas:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/chl/le ... aRecip.pdf
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/CHL/legal/reciprocity/

chall07
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chall07 »

Currently in the "waiting room"

How long did it take you guys to receive yours in the mail once the status had changed to "mailed"

Thanks,

Chall07

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Flightmare »

chall07 wrote:Currently in the "waiting room"

How long did it take you guys to receive yours in the mail once the status had changed to "mailed"

Thanks,

Chall07
My LTC arrived when they didn't have a "status" so to speak. But from the day they mail it to the arrival seems to be 2-3 days typically from what I've seen. YMMV
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

ray005

Post by ray005 »

good work man

GeminiDiva77

Post by GeminiDiva77 »

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. As of today, I am still waiting...

TIMELINE

08/13 - Took CHL Class
08/15 - Application Online
08/16 - Fingerprints
08/16 - Mailed Documents via Certified Mail
08/18 - Documents Received (Per tracking information)
09/02 - Status finally updated online (Fingerprints - Under Review & Background Check - Under Review)
09/23 - Everything is showing green now. YAY!
09/23 - License to Carry Handgun - Print Pending :totap:
09/27 - Status reflects as Mailed
09/29 - Received LTC :clapping: :anamatedbanana

It seems the people that submitted their information online vs. sending in the mail are the ones receiving their LTC quicker. Correct me if I am wrong. I am not sure why it's taking so long for me. I have had a FBI background check done for my current employer, and I have passed the background check to purchase. I actually purchased my firearm in June.

**Update**
It took a total of 7 weeks for me to get my LTC. Since I mailed my documents vs. emailing them, it took 2 weeks before I was able to view/receive a status update.
Last edited by GeminiDiva77 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

GeminiDiva77 wrote:Hello all,

TIMELINE

08/13 - Took CHL Class
08/16 - Fingerprints
09/02 - Status finally updated online (Fingerprints - Under Review & Background Check - Under Review)

It seems the people that submitted their information online vs. sending in the mail are the ones receiving their LTC quicker. Correct me if I am wrong. I am not sure why it's taking so long for me. I have had a FBI background check done for my current employer, and I have passed the background check to purchase. I actually purchased my firearm in June.

First off welcome to the forum!! :tiphat:

I don't know that it makes any difference in getting your plastic whether done on line, or mailed. But they don't always update your status, in a timely manner. as you can read some of the posts on here, some never showed sent to printing before they got their plastic.
Be patient, it has only been a little over a month, you should be getting yours soon. :thumbs2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Flightmare »

GeminiDiva77 wrote:Hello all,

TIMELINE

08/13 - Took CHL Class
08/16 - Fingerprints

Welcome to the forums! I too have to do frequent background checks at work. Things appear to be moving faster now than they were at the start of the year. Be patient, and use this time to pick out your holster(s) and practice carrying around the house. You'll have your plastic before you know it!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 7

Post by JakeTheSnake »

chall07 wrote:Currently in the "waiting room"

Thanks,

Chall07
Couple hours.

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

thaidragon wrote:
TeachMan2016 wrote:ALLLRIGHT friends and "lovers of liberty"

After 9 months of waiting and debating with the vacuous system that is the State of Texas DPS, I have finally received my License to carry.

Now before giving me the Hooray! Just know it was not from the state of Texas that I received this license, but rather from the Great State of Arizona; which their carry laws are reciprocal of Texas.

Arizona License to Carry:

*$60
* 2 months (submitted Aug.22nd)
* 2 fingerprint cards
*A copy of your firearms certification

Seriously Texas? Step Your Game Up!! :cheers2:

Can u open carry In texas with an arizona chl? Just curious?

Yes sir you can. Full reciprocity.

Blalock
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Blalock »

Hello my fellow Texans..
Been hanging around reading the forums about 2 weeks and decided it was time I throw my timeline out there. I have to say I'm very impressed. I don't know if it's because I have previous TCOLE licensing, or just luck of the draw..lol..Either way I'll take it.

09/02/16 - Application Online
09/06/16 - Fingerprints
09/06/16 - Submitted all documentation thru Email submission
09/20/16 - Everything showed green on website and status is "License to carry a handgun: Print Pending"

This makes me very excited seeing as most received it not long after print pending.!!.
:woohoo
09/06/16 - Fingerprints
09/20/16 - Everything showed green on website and status is "License to carry a handgun: Print Pending"
09/22/2016 - MAILED.!!.
:txflag:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Blalock wrote:Hello my fellow Texans..
Been hanging around reading the forums about 2 weeks and decided it was time I throw my timeline out there. I have to say I'm very impressed. I don't know if it's because I have previous TCOLE licensing, or just luck of the draw..lol..Either way I'll take it.

09/06/16 - Fingerprints

This makes me very excited seeing as most received it not long after print pending.!!.
:woohoo

Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

DPS seems to be processing everything much faster now. there was a time earlier this year that people were waiting three months or longer. Congrats on the speedy turnaround.

Rixuneaux
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Rixuneaux »

Even though it's moving faster for the newer applicants, there are still those of us who are passed 60 days and I assume, on our way to 90 days or more. I guess they use our folders to stabilize their wobbly desk so they can process the new ones faster. :roll:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Rixuneaux wrote:Even though it's moving faster for the newer applicants, there are still those of us who are passed 60 days and I assume, on our way to 90 days or more. I guess they use our folders to stabilize their wobbly desk so they can process the new ones faster. :roll:

I know several members have been able to get results by contacting their State Representatives. If you are waiting that long maybe a call will speed things along. :tiphat:

Rixuneaux
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Rixuneaux »

I probably will at the 90 day mark. I waited until the 60 day mark to contact the DPS (standard email reply, "Statute allows 60 days blah blah") in spite of the fact the other 9 people I took the class with have had theirs for a month and a half now and it's already been over 60 days. If others have waited that long, I guess I can too.

agarz02

Post by agarz02 »

just registered but have been following for awhile! here's my timeline
8/24/16 took LTC class
8/25/16 took fingerprints and submitted all documents online
9/5/16 (i think) online status updated. all green except background and print pending
9/17/16 updated. background complete! just print pending :shock:
9/20/16 or 9/21/16 status updated to mailed!
as of right now i am stalking the mail lady.......... :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:

9/22/16 Update.. It's here!!!!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”