Whataburger tonight

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

vjallen75
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Whataburger tonight

Post by vjallen75 »

allisji wrote:I wonder if that app is hackable...
That is a very scary thing to think about. Especially considering that you can use those features anywhere and it still open your vehicle.

edited to fix spelling
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

TexasTornado
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TexasTornado »

vjallen75 wrote:
allisji wrote:I wonder if that app is hackable...
That is a very scary thing to think about. Especially considering that you can use those features anywhere and it still open your vehicle.

edited to fix spelling
GM/OnStar..... so probably lol but if it gets hacked at least there's someone to hold accountable.
"I can see it's dangerous for you, but if the government trusts me, maybe you could."

NRA Lifetime Member

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Y'all are a bunch of weenies, I tell them to jump in then do donuts in the parking lot on two wheels! :biggrinjester: "rlol"
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme »

txglock21 wrote:Y'all are a bunch of weenies, I tell them to jump in then do donuts in the parking lot on two wheels! :biggrinjester: "rlol"

:iagree:

I have more people trying to get out of my vehicle than in. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

rentz
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rentz »

txglock21 wrote:Y'all are a bunch of weenies, I tell them to jump in then do donuts in the parking lot on two wheels! :biggrinjester: "rlol"
i dont want to clean up the vomit in the backseat :mrgreen:

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

My truck has manual locks and crank windows. I can't find anything in the manual on programming them. Do any of the tech experts have any suggestions? :mrgreen:

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

I was once on an extended assignment for work, so was given rental vehicle since I didn't want to tie up a pool car for 3 months. I received a brand new Ford Explorer instead of the typical compacts we had in the pool. About one month into this assignment, I basically got to know the SUV as if it was mine. So one morning about 6am I was headed to the hotel parking lot to go to the office and unlocked the doors with the remote. However, the doors wouldn't open. I tried several times, went door to door. No luck. I could hear hear the locks click when I tried to lock and unlock, but still couldn't get in. In my frustration, I really jerked on the door and I even gave it a couple hammer punches in the handle as my anger rose.

So, I headed back to hotel to catch a ride and looked back - oops. From this angle I saw another silver Ford Explorer on the adjacent parking spot and yes, she was mine. The locks were so loud that I could hear them know the next spot at the wrong vehicle.

So I was lucky the owner didn't shoot me after seeing this bleary eyed stranger punch his SUV. Hopefully, I never have to face the same problem as the OP.

JerryK
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JerryK »

I wonder if that app is hackable...
Everything is hackable!!!

If someone programed it, someone else can hack it!!!

Last month in Houston thieves stole 100 Jeeps using only a laptop as seen on video

rotor

Post by rotor »

Jusme wrote:My truck has manual locks and crank windows. I can't find anything in the manual on programming them. Do any of the tech experts have any suggestions? :mrgreen:
Stick shift too?

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

rotor wrote:
Jusme wrote:My truck has manual locks and crank windows. I can't find anything in the manual on programming them. Do any of the tech experts have any suggestions? :mrgreen:
Stick shift too?
Millennial anti-theft device.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

AJSully421 wrote:
rotor wrote:
Stick shift too?
Millennial anti-theft device.
"rlol" "rlol"

Too True! Too True!!!

"rlol" "rlol"
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

rotor wrote:
Stick shift too?

No it is automatic. I'm still old school though, never had an electronic failure with my locks or windows.

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I had lunch at Perrys in sugarland today. The lunch pork chops. They are pretty good. :smilelol5:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”