"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

tsick
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by tsick »

Does anyone know how long the CHL-100 is good for after completing the course?

DQ2011

Post by DQ2011 »

tsick wrote:Does anyone know how long the CHL-100 is good for after completing the course?
I believe I read in the class it was good for 2 years.

Pneumatic

Post by Pneumatic »

What number are you guys calling? I see several posts where people have talked to someone but when I call the number at the bottom of the page where you check the status I get a message that basically says 'We're super busy... try later." What's the trick?

JuMan254
Posts in topic: 8

Post by JuMan254 »

just received my LTC... good luck to all those still waiting..

PackinPig
Posts in topic: 20

Post by PackinPig »

Pneumatic wrote:What number are you guys calling? I see several posts where people have talked to someone but when I call the number at the bottom of the page where you check the status I get a message that basically says 'We're super busy... try later." What's the trick?

I got that one time when I called in the evening around 4 pm. I think this may mean that they have too many people on hold. I'm not 100% sure. From my experience the best time to call is before noon. My shortest wait time was when I called right after they opened.
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
"Speak softly and carry a big stick."
-Theodore Roosevelt 26th President of the United States

Igotyour6
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Igotyour6 »

First post ever,

Submitted application 5/25/16
Submitted CHL-100 6/20/16
Submitted fingerprints 6/20/16
got confirmation email 6/25/16
updated status to background check under review 6/28/16
no change until print pending on 7/25/16
mailed 7/28/16
Lic in hand 8/1/16

I hope this helps some people understand the time differences. I had a deferred adjudication for a felony when I was 18 for a non-disqualifying offense. On or about 7/10/16 I took a chance and called to confirm that they did not need further info for this offense. They said that as long as I disclosed it on my application everything would be confirmed and to wait, so I did. Looks like the system works, just got to give them time to do their job. It sure suck to wait though. :woohoo

Posts in topic: 9

Post by 869 »

Pneumatic wrote:What number are you guys calling? I see several posts where people have talked to someone but when I call the number at the bottom of the page where you check the status I get a message that basically says 'We're super busy... try later." What's the trick?
That #. Around 4:30 today I received the message you mentioned 4-5 times along with straight busy signals. Eventually was informed of a 38 minute wait, which was just about dead on.

jahasty
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jahasty »

Today is day 9 since I submitted everything. My online status has finally changed showing everything green and now waiting on background check review. So DPS does seem to have stepped up their game.

On Friday, I spoke with a customer service representative to ensure they had received everything. From the conversation, it appears the online status check is not the same computer system they use. As she said, it is not always up to date. That makes sense. You don't want a secure system like that exposed to hackers. I suspect the status check system is just updated every night. :waiting:

RyanR
Posts in topic: 23

Post by RyanR »

That's good to hear! Maybe I will get some bars soon. I had everything submitted about 8-9 days ago.

dfw_newbie
Posts in topic: 15

Post by dfw_newbie »

mornin' y'all... here's where I'm at so far

Application submitted - 6/15/16
Class - 6/26/15
Fingerprints done/submitted - 6/27/16
LTC100 submitted - 6/27/16
RSD confirmation - 6/28/16
Status changed to prints/background pending - 7/6/16
Still waiting on fingerprints/background - 7/26/16
Background/fingerprints approved, print pending - 8/2/16

I got a call from DPS updating me of my status last Friday (7/29/16) stating that everything had been approved, and all I'm waiting on is for the "vendor to download my DL picture, then print the license"... thought that was kind of weird

aztxman13
Posts in topic: 16

Post by aztxman13 »

I called over and over until I got put on hold to tlk to someone usually 2-3 times
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that … it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; … " Thomas Jefferson letter to Justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824. ME 16:45.

Pneumatic

Post by Pneumatic »

Thanks for the tip about trying the number over and over. Apparently I was just unlucky when I was calling and getting blocked by the "try later" message.

Come to find out.... The PDF that I sent of my LTC course certificate didn't go though for some reason so this first 3 weeks of waiting were wasted. It turns out that all this time THEY were waiting for ME. Grrr.

PDF submitted (and confirmed with another call) so I guess my clock starts over. :(

Raf
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Raf »

Pneumatic wrote:Thanks for the tip about trying the number over and over. Apparently I was just unlucky when I was calling and getting blocked by the "try later" message.

Come to find out.... The PDF that I sent of my LTC course certificate didn't go though for some reason so this first 3 weeks of waiting were wasted. It turns out that all this time THEY were waiting for ME. Grrr.

PDF submitted (and confirmed with another call) so I guess my clock starts over. :(

When i sent it i valled the next daytosee if the recieved it

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by infoman »

You should call right at 7am, Tues-Friday. Or call 6-6:45pm Tues-Fri.

dfw_newbie
Posts in topic: 15

Post by dfw_newbie »

aztxman13 wrote:
I called over and over until I got put on hold to tlk to someone usually 2-3 times
Agreed.. I got put on hold to talk to someone 1 out of 4 or 5 calls.. not horrrrrible

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”