"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jbdunn82
Posts in topic: 6

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by jbdunn82 »

OkieBrian wrote:
jbdunn82 wrote:I know that i have seen some people in here that have gone over 100 days for their license. Are you guys counting Business Days or all days?
I'll be 90 calendar days in tomorrow for my renewal. Well over the 45 business day statue.

It is very frustrating. Especially now that they won't answer phone calls. I don't make it a habit to call often, I've only talked to someone twice.

I'm just ready to at least do the Wally Walk.. :drool:

aztxman13
Posts in topic: 16

Post by aztxman13 »

Pawpaw wrote:I don't have details, but Charles has told us before that our fingerprints are sent to the FBI as part of the background check. That alone tells us that there is more to it than a simple NICS check.

well thank you much pawpaw. I'm going to do a little more research and here and there but that is definitely good info to know. I'm sure if they are going to the FBI we aren't the only state they are dealing with. But oh well another day of no CCW but its ok I still get to go shoot and practice. Range after work it is!
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that … it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; … " Thomas Jefferson letter to Justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824. ME 16:45.

ExOTR
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ExOTR »

6-23 Class and Application
6-24 Confirmation
6-27 Fingerprint Submission
7-05 Background Check in Progress
7-20 Background Check complete/Print Pending
7-27 Mailed!!!
Attachments
image.png
Last edited by ExOTR on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

mupepe
Posts in topic: 19

Post by mupepe »

Do updates in the system happen overnight or throughout the day? All mine seem to have happened over night and I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time checking through out the day haha

oldtimer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by oldtimer »

oldtimer wrote:This is the second time I've renewed, first time online.
Applied for renewal online: 4/10/16

These status items are yellow
Fingerprints : Under review
Background Check : Under review
License To Carry A Handgun : Print pending completion of application review
All other status items are green.

The previous renewal went much more quickly despite having to mail in all the required materials as was the requirement back then. Current wait time is 3 months and counting.
Update
Reached out to RSD via email. Received an encouraging response 9 days ago. Still no plastic. 103 days and counting.

rgreene501

Post by rgreene501 »

Here's my final timeline, including four months of delay because I sent the wrong DD-214.

1/21/2016: Email confirmation that I'm all in.
??/??: Don't remember the date, but I made several calls to confirm they had everything and could proceed. Was assured they did each time, but "we're busy, blah, blah."
5/26: No movement at all, even after multiple phone calls. I was told that the background hadn't even been started, but they wanted another copy of the DD-214. Looks like I sent member 1 instead of member 2. Ok, my mistake, but could have been corrected months ago if they communicated.
5/27: Resubmitted DD-214
6/30: Called and got another confirmation that they had everything needed, but would not give a status. Told to call back in a few weeks.
7/12: Called again and asked if the background has been started. Nope. Was told that he would press for an update.
7/15: Saw a status change on the DPS web site. Pending background.
7/19: Pending print
7/21: Mailed
7/22: Received

Through all of this, DPS never contacted me with a reason. I have a clean record. Seems that once your application is pushed aside, they just don't get back to it and can't be bothered to let you know.

Total:
184 Calendar days
126 Working days

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

rgreene501 wrote:Here's my final timeline, including four months of delay because I sent the wrong DD-214.

1/21/2016: Email confirmation that I'm all in.
??/??: Don't remember the date, but I made several calls to confirm they had everything and could proceed. Was assured they did each time, but "we're busy, blah, blah."
5/26: No movement at all, even after multiple phone calls. I was told that the background hadn't even been started, but they wanted another copy of the DD-214. Looks like I sent member 1 instead of member 2. Ok, my mistake, but could have been corrected months ago if they communicated.
5/27: Resubmitted DD-214
6/30: Called and got another confirmation that they had everything needed, but would not give a status. Told to call back in a few weeks.
7/12: Called again and asked if the background has been started. Nope. Was told that he would press for an update.
7/15: Saw a status change on the DPS web site. Pending background.
7/19: Pending print
7/21: Mailed
7/22: Received

Through all of this, DPS never contacted me with a reason. I have a clean record. Seems that once your application is pushed aside, they just don't get back to it and can't be bothered to let you know.

Total:
184 Calendar days
126 Working days
Perplexing to say the least. In my case I haven't had so much as a traffic ticket in 45 years (knock wood). Prints came from local Texas Sheriff's department. Worked for a military contractor for 25 years with a security clearance. Was born in a military hospital, grew up in military family housing, father was retired military. My spouse's father was a decorated 24-1/2 year Navy veteran. The government has a book on me from the day I was born so it's not like they have to do a lot of digging to understand what I'm about. Wife says it's all red tape, bureaucracy and maybe, just maybe, my renewal app landed on an anti-gun employee's desk. I'm inclined to agree with her.

five.five-six
Posts in topic: 3

Post by five.five-six »

My original license took 10 days to receive in 2014 and I just received a replacement in 4 days. I've been pretty lucky both times it seems.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson

bfeehan13

Post by bfeehan13 »

ExOTR wrote:6-23 Class and Application
6-24 Confirmation

So I submitted my LTC certification last weekend on Sunday. And I just now checked the website and did not see my application had been received. It is still showing nothing as if I never submitted an email. How long can it take for me to see the application status? Any advice would be appreciated :hurry:

mupepe

Post by mupepe »

bfeehan13 wrote:
6-24 Confirmation

So I submitted my LTC certification last weekend on Sunday. And I just now checked the website and did not see my application had been received. It is still showing nothing as if I never submitted an email. How long can it take for me to see the application status? Any advice would be appreciated :hurry:
Mine took 8 calendar days to update. I submitted on Monday and the next Tuesday I got my status screen.

bfeehan13

Post by bfeehan13 »

mupepe wrote:
bfeehan13 wrote:
6-24 Confirmation

Mine took 8 calendar days to update. I submitted on Monday and the next Tuesday I got my status screen.
Wow I wonder if they are backlogged. I would have thought within 5 days I would have confirmation. Is it nearly a 100% success rate they receive your application? I've heard some coworkers complain they had to resubmit their almost 2 months later because they didnt hear anything. :roll:

mupepe

Post by mupepe »

I called after 3 days just to be sure. Most people seem to have recei the confirmation email after a day or two. I never got one.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

mupepe wrote:I called after 3 days just to be sure. Most people seem to have recei the confirmation email after a day or two. I never got one.
I never received a confirmation email. Might be a bad sign. Still no plastic. 105 days and counting.

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer »

Would be interesting to know if those of us that are being kept waiting for an unusual length of time have anything in common. Are our apps being processed by the same person(s)? The inconsistencies from one applicant to another in terms of time is more than just a statistical anomaly. One would expect the wait times to level out but they don't. Some receive their plastic within a few weeks whereas others are forced to wait many months. Inquiring minds want to know.

mupepe

Post by mupepe »

oldtimer wrote:
mupepe wrote:I called after 3 days just to be sure. Most people seem to have recei the confirmation email after a day or two. I never got one.
I never received a confirmation email. Might be a bad sign. Still no plastic. 105 days and counting.
Well mine is now Print Pending. So hopefully it gets mailed this week. It went Print Pending on the 20th. My background check took one day.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”