My doctor is now posted 06 & 07.....

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

My doctor is now posted 06 & 07.....

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Well I just got to my doctor's office for my semiannual checkup, and the office is now posted both 06 & 07. Signs are compliant, located on the window to the right of the door. I've submitted the location on texas3006.com.

It's the Quest Care office at the corner of Davis Blvd and Bear Creek Parkway in Keller.

I was probably going to have to change doctors for insurance reasons anyway, but this just cements the deal. Too bad too, because I've been a patient of that practice since right after I first moved to Texas in 2006.

Sigh. FWIW, the employees aren't happy about it either. The practice was bought by Quest a while back, and this was a corporate decision.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My doctor is now posted 06 & 07.....

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Well I just got to my doctor's office for my semiannual checkup, and the office is now posted both 06 & 07. Signs are compliant, located on the window to the right of the door. I've submitted the location on texas3006.com.

It's the Quest Care office at the corner of Davis Blvd and Bear Creek Parkway in Keller.

I was probably going to have to change doctors for insurance reasons anyway, but this just cements the deal. Too bad too, because I've been a patient of that practice since right after I first moved to Texas in 2006.

Sigh. FWIW, the employees aren't happy about it either. The practice was bought by Quest a while back, and this was a corporate decision.

That's disturbing news for me also, my doctor's practice was recently purchased by Questcare. I haven't been in a few months, but it wasn't posted before. I may be looking for a new doctor also. :mad5
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Oldgringo »

Trinity Mother Francis was not posted as of last Friday; however, they have recently merged (?) with Christus (whatever that is), so we'll see what we see. If TMF posts 30.06, we'll just have to leave our guns in the truck cause there ain't nobody else.

BurtG

Post by BurtG »

Based on this, plus what I've seen, Quest must be doing this to all places they have control of.
Many medical facilities all over this area have been put off limits since the first of the year.

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RogueUSMC »

Oldgringo wrote:Trinity Mother Francis was not posted as of last Friday; however, they have recently merged (?) with Christus (whatever that is), so we'll see what we see. If TMF posts 30.06, we'll just have to leave our guns in the truck cause there ain't nobody else.
TMF has been posted with non-compliant signage for years...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

RogueUSMC wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Trinity Mother Francis was not posted as of last Friday; however, they have recently merged (?) with Christus (whatever that is), so we'll see what we see. If TMF posts 30.06, we'll just have to leave our guns in the truck cause there ain't nobody else.
TMF has been posted with non-compliant signage for years...
Not everywhere....

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

I have yet to see a compliant sign on any of our medical facilities here in Tyler. Unless the new Christus outfit is rabidly anti-gun, I see the status quo remaining unchanged. they currently have signage, I don't see them overhauling it...but I could be wrong.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

My physician and practice became affiliated with a major Texas university medical system a couple of years ago and I expected to see signs back then, but never did happen. After open carry passed I figured they'd post signs. No signs appeared at first, but my last visit in April they'd finally posted a 30.07 sign, no 30.06 though. Same for the Quest Diagnostics lab next door. Only had a 30.07.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Bayoutalker

Post by Bayoutalker »

Christus owns one of the hospitals here in Beaumont along with a clinic. They are posted 06/07 so........
Cliff H.
Beaumont, TX

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

RogueUSMC wrote:I have yet to see a compliant sign on any of our medical facilities here in Tyler. Unless the new Christus outfit is rabidly anti-gun, I see the status quo remaining unchanged. they currently have signage, I don't see them overhauling it...but I could be wrong.
Oh, they do have "No Weapons Allowed" and Gunbuster signs but I don't even count them as non-compliant. To me, non-compliant is wrong wording, size, etc. Even so, I don't have the pockets nor the time to play test case.

If they do go .07 and/or .06, I'll abide by their wishes.

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Bayoutalker wrote:
Christus owns one of the hospitals here in Beaumont along with a clinic. They are posted 06/07 so........
Its Christus St. Elizabeth and there was no 30.06 at the north side Outpatient Pavilion until 9 months ago when the below happened:
The small caliber pistol discharged and sent a bullet through a wall. The bullet struck a woman in her hip, according to police.
:banghead: :mad5

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/ ... 578001.php
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I believe the medical trade associations have been pushing their members to put up the signs. There have a lot of medical practices and providers posted this year.

Seems like medical providers is the largest percentage of new signs based on my observations. However, I have ran any numbers to verify this.

Here you go. This will give you some insight into what is happening.

https://www.texmed.org/Verondi/Template ... chtext=Gun
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rotor

Post by rotor »

What you are seeing is the corporate takeover of medicine- that's a much scarier situation than a 30.06/07 sign. The doctor can't control what signage is placed. He also has no control over how you are treated and where he sends you for treatment. Don't think that you are getting the "best" care now that the hospital/corporation owns the doc.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

rotor wrote:What you are seeing is the corporate takeover of medicine- that's a much scarier situation than a 30.06/07 sign. The doctor can't control what signage is placed. He also has no control over how you are treated and where he sends you for treatment. Don't think that you are getting the "best" care now that the hospital/corporation owns the doc.
Two of my doctors have changed my medicines because of "company regulations." I have been told they have to use "manufacture A's" medicines and not "manufacture B's" medicines. :banghead:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Here's an interesting read.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen ... a26e257dc0
Many doctors within the AMA and at other medical associations say there is mounting research that has shown laws allowing people to carry guns and other weapons have been linked with an increase in firearm assaults.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Off-Topic”