TX: Houston gun range offers free CHL to LGBT community

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Houston gun range offers free CHL to LGBT community

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/lgbt- ... ting-range

This Houston news story ended up making the Drudge Report.

joe817

Re: TX: Houston gun range offers free CHL to LGBT community

Post by joe817 »

philip964 wrote:http://www.click2houston.com/news/lgbt- ... ting-range

This Houston news story ended up making the Drudge Report.
It also made it on the 10 o'clock news up here in DFW on channel 11, our local CBS affiliate.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Good, I'm glad our community is welcoming new members so they can defend themselves against nut jobs. Great turnout too it sounds like
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

I am all for more armed good guys. What they do on their own time is none of my business.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Skiprr »

And Shiloh and the Sanford family are good people. I was among the first customers of the range when it opened, and had the opportunity years ago to attend a Farnam advanced course in Victoria, partnering with Jeff Sanford for the class. If you're anywhere near Willowbrook Mall and haven't given Shiloh Shooting a try, I highly recommend it.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Countryside
Banned

Post by Countryside »

Many heterosexuals have been murdered, too...no free CHL classes.
It's a free country and you can offer free classes to who you want, I agree.
Too me, IMHO, it creates the "I'm special..."I'm entitled" attitude.
It is giving people special preference for what they do with their sexual organs...why doesn't it work both ways to keep it fair and balanced?

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

So, you would pass up a golden opportunity to bring some people, who would otherwise probably never consider owning a gun, over to our side?

Isn't that rather short sighted?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Countryside wrote:Many heterosexuals have been murdered, too...no free CHL classes.
It is giving people special preference for what they do with their sexual organs...why doesn't it work both ways to keep it fair and balanced?

I don't have the facts to back it up, but I believe the GLBT crowd has felt that gun owners/hunters/LTC holders were actually part of the discrimination they either personally received, or were told by main stream media or left wing liberals. I'm hopeful that they will come to understand that the 2A applies to "all the people" and that they have been let down by the people they supported for elected office. If giving them free LTC classes will help change their perspective, and maybe change the way they vote come November, I'm all for it.JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Jusme wrote:
Countryside wrote:Many heterosexuals have been murdered, too...no free CHL classes.

I don't have the facts to back it up, but I believe the GLBT crowd has felt that gun owners/hunters/LTC holders were actually part of the discrimination they either personally received, or were told by main stream media or left wing liberals. I'm hopeful that they will come to understand that the 2A applies to "all the people" and that they have been let down by the people they supported for elected office. If giving them free LTC classes will help change their perspective, and maybe change the way they vote come November, I'm all for it.JMHO
:iagree:
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Offering freebies to entice a new demographic into your business and generate publicity is good for the bottom line. Economic Darwinism in action....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Countryside
Banned

Post by Countryside »

Liberals are liberals. Just because they take advantage of a good situation in their favor doesn't mean it will change their overall warped way of thinking and believing. I'm for enabling people to defend themselves, but not in showing favoritism. It will simply encourage them more to vote for the candidate who gives them more freebies.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Countryside wrote:Liberals are liberals. Just because they take advantage of a good situation in their favor doesn't mean it will change their overall warped way of thinking and believing. I'm for enabling people to defend themselves, but not in showing favoritism. It will simply encourage them more to vote for the candidate who gives them more freebies.
It's a private business doing what they wish. It's not a government handout. I've offered discounts and free classes to people to whom I choose to volunteer my time.

Chas.

FloridaViaMissouri

Post by FloridaViaMissouri »

I totally agree.

Countryside
Banned

Post by Countryside »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Countryside wrote:Liberals are liberals. Just because they take advantage of a good situation in their favor doesn't mean it will change their overall warped way of thinking and believing. I'm for enabling people to defend themselves, but not in showing favoritism. It will simply encourage them more to vote for the candidate who gives them more freebies.
It's a private business doing what they wish. It's not a government handout. I've offered discounts and free classes to people to whom I choose to volunteer my time.

Chas.
I agree, sir. I own and operate a business, too. I also strive to be fair and equal to everyone. No, it's not a government handout, that is true...but that does not mean that is how it will used nor perceived by them. While it may open their eyes to the importance of their right to keep and bear arms, doing it for free will further enforce their perception that they deserve special recognition because of their genital preference

jkurtz

Post by jkurtz »

Countryside wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
I agree, sir. I own and operate a business, too. I also strive to be fair and equal to everyone. No, it's not a government handout, that is true...but that does not mean that is how it will used nor perceived by them. While it may open their eyes to the importance of their right to keep and bear arms, doing it for free will further enforce their perception that they deserve special recognition because of their genital preference
I think you are putting too much thought into it. Yes, it is true that heterosexuals are also murdered and victimized, but highly doubt they are victimized nearly as much just for being heterosexual. Who cares if a private business wants to offer free classes? It is also helpful in breaking typical gun owner stereotypes that paint us as a bunch of old, fat, white, Christian, homophobic, racist, rednecks. In any case, it is not as if the state doesn't already provided reduced and free applications to people in select demographics.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”